• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Harris

GottaluvGriz

DONOR
To my recollection, we have not seen X Harris since he failed to pick up a critical 1st Down against Sac State.
You could see Bobby was very upset at X failure to cut up the line instead of trying to kick the run outside.
It did not appear Harris was injured.
Since he did no play at all the second half against Sac State, and was not seen against Idaho, does anyone know if he is hurt or in the dog house?
Go Griz!

Actually he was in after that and got dinged again, unfortunately. Not sure how long we will be without him. Absolutely incredible that there are 9 guys in the RB room and only 3 are healthy enough to play right now.

HookedonGriz said:
Actually he was in after that and got dinged again, unfortunately. Not sure how long we will be without him. Absolutely incredible that there are 9 guys in the RB room and only 3 are healthy enough to play right now.

Thank you, I missed that.
I sure hope we can get some of these guys healed up soon!
Go Griz!

You gotta give Junior Bergen a lot of credit for stepping in. He certainly never thought he would be a running back, let alone the starter as a true freshman (and at 175 pounds!). He is getting better every week. He took some hard licks last night and bounced right back up. And he never fumbles!

HookedonGriz said:
Harris can't be overused; he'll keep breaking. Until he matures and strengthens.

kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
Harris can't be overused; he'll keep breaking. Until he matures and strengthens.

Agreed. I’m getting nervous about the amount of carries Jr is getting now too. (Same reasons)
What is Child’s injury? High ankle sprain or knee issue? We need him back quickly.
Go Griz!

GottaluvGriz said:
kemajic said:

Agreed. I’m getting nervous about the amount of carries Jr is getting now too. (Same reasons)
What is Child’s injury? High ankle sprain or knee issue? We need him back quickly.
Go Griz!
I agree that we could be overusing a 175lb freshman back as good as he is.

GottaluvGriz said:
kemajic said:

Go Griz!

I was told that Harris, Childs and Ostmo are all close to returning. Week to week...pretty reliable source. They would like to use Bergen in the slot when others are back. Which would open up things a lot. Bergen has been a stud. Jancaro did a nice job also.

UncleRico said:
GottaluvGriz said:
Go Griz!

I was told that Harris, Childs and Ostmo are all close to returning. Week to week...pretty reliable source. They would like to use Bergen in the slot when others are back. Which would open up things a lot. Bergen has been a stud. Jancaro did a nice job also.

Yes. Janacaro looked really good. Too bad on that nice long run it got called back.

UncleRico said:
GottaluvGriz said:
Go Griz!

My source says Ostmo is ready to go, just waiting for a doctor's clearance.

Paytonlives said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Less than 5 games would let them redshirt, not grey shirt.

If injured he could get a grey shirt

No, he could get a medical red shirt. A grey shirt is when a player delays enrollment in school until the second term to delay the beginning of his eligibility clock.

AZGrizFan said:
UncleRico said:

Yes. Janacaro looked really good. Too bad on that nice long run it got called back.

On a BS call where the O lineman stumbled. We’re not gonna talk about the safety or the horse collar though😄.

GottaluvGriz said:
kemajic said:

Go Griz!

High ankle sprain I believe, stepped on by an opposing player.

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:

On a BS call where the O lineman stumbled. We’re not gonna talk about the safety or the horse collar though😄.

Be happy to talk about those. Both missed calls. I don’t believe anyone is claiming the bad reffing went one way…just weird how blind these refs seemed to be.

Paytonlives said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Less than 5 games would let them redshirt, not grey shirt.

What? Even if you are talking about a medical redshirt that is something you apply for after your eligibility is up and to get one you have to miss more than an entire season in your career to even be considered.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:

No, he could get a medical red shirt. A grey shirt is when a player delays enrollment in school until the second term to delay the beginning of his eligibility clock.

No he couldn’t. You have to miss at minimum the equivalent of an entire season of games in your career to be considered. Missing 7 games does not get you another year of eligibility

WaGriz4life said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

No he couldn’t. You have to miss at minimum the equivalent of an entire season of games in your career to be considered. Missing 7 games does not get you another year of eligibility

I was talking in general terms based that being granted additional eligibility due to injury is a medical redshirt and not a grey shirt. I was not suggesting that he was going to get a medical red shirt based on his current injury status.

Back