• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck pissed off at refs before the game started

grizfan406

I was at the game but rewatched it on my DVR when I got home. I noticed that Hauck was irate and yelling at the refs before the game even started! Anyone know what this was all about? BWalberg or any other QB club members want to ask him in your weekly meeting and let us know?

grizfan406 said:
I was at the game but rewatched it on my DVR when I got home. I noticed that Hauck was irate and yelling at the refs before the game even started! Anyone know what this was all about? BWalberg or any other QB club members want to ask him in your weekly meeting and let us know?

The only thing I can think of was the refs possibly telling him to hurry up and get his team on the field. One of the refs was clapping his hands in that “hurry up” type style. Would be interesting to see if this gets answered at the QB club.

Didn't Hauck get a 15 yard penalty late in the game for yelling at the refs too? I never heard what that was all about either. Good luck to whoever tries to ask him about those incidents?

Zirg said:
Didn't Hauck get a 15 yard penalty late in the game for yelling at the refs too? I never heard what that was all about either. Good luck to whoever tries to ask him about those incidents?
He said in the press conference that we got flagged when one or two of our guys subbing into the play bumped into the ref on their way in.

uofmman1122 said:
Zirg said:
He said in the press conference that we got flagged when one or two of our guys subbing into the play bumped into the ref on their way in.

Oh, I thought it was Bobby the ref ran into.

uofmman1122 said:
Zirg said:

Since it was a live ball penalty, I am pretty sure they were not subbing. The official ran into someone during the play.

HelenaHandBasket said:
uofmman1122 said:

Since it was a live ball penalty, I am pretty sure they were not subbing. The official ran into someone during the play.
I didn't see it, so I'm just going off of what our coach said.

It was right below us, and it appeared that it was Welnel running in with another backer on the substitution that bumped the ref and drew the flag. If you watched the tempo of the cal poly offense and their no huddle, we were having to sub very rapidly between plays if we wanted any substitutions. The second the ball carrier went down and the whistle was blown they both started onto the field. It should not have been a penalty. Bobby was definitely justified, especially with all other other "missed" calls that seemed to be occurring to that point.

Wolf777 said:
It was right below us, and it appeared that it was Welnel running in with another backer on the substitution that bumped the ref and drew the flag. If you watched the tempo of the cal poly offense and their no huddle, we were having to sub very rapidly between plays if we wanted any substitutions. The second the ball carrier went down and the whistle was blown they both started onto the field. It should not have been a penalty. Bobby was definitely justified, especially with all other other "missed" calls that seemed to be occurring to that point.

It was fairly obvious who the refs were siding with in this game. The non personal foul on Childs in the end zone followed with the PF on Hill later were tell tale signs that the refs had an agenda to call the game in SLO’s favor.

alabamagrizzly said:
Wolf777 said:

It was fairly obvious who the refs were siding with in this game. The non personal foul on Childs in the end zone followed with the PF on Hill later were tell tale signs that the refs had an agenda to call the game in SLO’s favor.

Hill did get there a little late.

fanofzoo said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Not any later than usual, the timing seemed fine to me. Definitely not an obvious late hit unlike the one on childs.

fanofzoo said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Definitely not arguing that, completely unnecessary by Hill. Childs getting thrown to the ground 3 seconds and 20 yards down field after the whistle was blown w/ two refs w/in 20 ft of the play and no flag was unnecessary also. The PI on Sulser was pretty obvious too.

alabamagrizzly said:

Usually people keep the mislead whining about the agenda of officials for losses.

Wolf777 said:

I just watched the play again on DVR. The pay had 100% been whistled dead, they barely made contact. Total BS call.

Another reaction the sideline infraction call. Obviously Hauck was pissed and giving it to the refs but Gurnsey on the play by play was saying that Hauck needs to be careful because the griz are going to need him next week. His comment made it seem like if a coach gets an unsportsmanlike penalty they get ejected for the current game AND the next game too... Anyone have insight?

HelenaHandBasket said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Usually people keep the mislead whining about the agenda of officials for losses.

Not entitled Griz fans.

grizfan406 said:
Another reaction the sideline infraction call. Obviously Hauck was pissed and giving it to the refs but Gurnsey on the play by play was saying that Hauck needs to be careful because the griz are going to need him next week. His comment made it seem like if a coach gets an unsportsmanlike penalty they get ejected for the current game AND the next game too... Anyone have insight?

I think they mixed it up with the rules for targeting & fighting - if a player gets ejected for one of those in the 2nd half of a game, they are suspended for the 1st half of the next game. Looking at the rulebook, this doesn't seem to apply if you're ejected for two "less serious" unsportsmanlike penalties though so he'd be fine.

fanofzoo said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Hill's late-hit call was 100% justified.

HelenaHandBasket said:
alabamagrizzly said:

agreed. The refs did a GREAT job this game. Only the whiniest idiots can find any fault in the refs this game.

Wolf777 said:

I've never heard of this kind of penalty to be honest and Hauck may have had a legit case to complain, and with a big lead, he picked a good time to go off on the refs. This might be the only time I support Hauck's ref-bitching, although I have no idea what these other "missed" calls were in the game. If you honestly think the refs screwed the Griz this game, you have ZERO credibility.

Back