• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Defense?!

dub

I know it’s early but I hear a lot of people saying this is the best defense we’ve ever had. I remember early 2000s hearing Boooom! for players like Adam Boomer…. The whole Griz experience was an incredible defensive performance every game and that’s what made it the most fun. We’re totally back but is this the best?! A lot of fun for sure! The Stitt era there weren’t any interceptions at all!

Hahah I’ve been going to Griz games as a season ticket holder since 2009…by far the best defense I’ve seen us have since then. By far.

HookedonGriz said:
Hahah I’ve been going to Griz games as a season ticket holder since 2009…by far the best defense I’ve seen us have since then. By far.

This years team is amazing as a unit and as cohesive as I've ever seen. You can't argue the success so far, but besides O'Connell, I don't think anyone else from this team has a chance to end up on my Top 5 Grizzlies of all-time individually at their 11 positions. I know others will dis-agree, and a cpl are close, but this team's strength is the defense as a collective.

Defense was great, but boy did it make me nervous seeing Cal Poly throw the quick pass behind our pressure that kept working again and again.

Barrier and the Eastern skill guys will make us pay a lot more if they have similar success.

I know I'm being chicken little and all, but I think we'll have a harder time next weekend than some people think. If we can shut down EWU, I'll start driving the "Best Defense Ever" bandwagon, though. :thumb:

Don't think we will blitz as much last week....coaches knew we could against Cal Poly and get away with it...getting EWU into a false sense of security

uofmman1122 said:
Defense was great, but boy did it make me nervous seeing Cal Poly throw the quick pass behind our pressure that kept working again and again.

Barrier and the Eastern skill guys will make us pay a lot more if they have similar success.

I know I'm being chicken little and all, but I think we'll have a harder time next weekend than some people think. If we can shut down EWU, I'll start driving the "Best Defense Ever" bandwagon, though. :thumb:

THIS ^ Was thinking the same thing. The coaches know this and will have a plan in place - or it will be a long game.

Go Griz!

Back