• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Offense

dupuyer griz

DONOR
Better get their poop in a group next week. Going to need them to put up more than 18 against ewu I think. Pretty good performance overall but defense and special teams outscored the offense 21-18. Hauck will find a way, on to next week.

dupuyer griz said:
Better get their poop in a group next week. Going to need them to put up more than 18 against ewu I think. Pretty good performance overall but defense and special teams outscored the offense 21-18. Hauck will find a way, on to next week.

We're going to need 31 for ewooo.

EWU’s defense is terrible. Control the clock and the Griz should win by limiting EWU’s touches. Griz D deserves more credit as well. Not sure EWU has really played against a solid D this year? I also wonder if the Mustang defensive front isn’t better than advertised. Sure seems like we had some critical holding penalties. Maybe just a bad day up front and had to kick some rust off after the bye week.

Offense is hamstrung by the QB. There are open receivers but the ball is thrown into triple coverage. The coaches think that cam is the best option for now, so he must be, but that is where the problem lies. The running game is good, the receivers are getting open, the line is protecting the QB and yet the ball is overthrown, underthrown, or isn’t thrown to the open receivers. I’ll now get crucified for saying so but I was there and witnessed it.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Offense is hamstrung by the QB. There are open receivers but the ball is thrown into triple coverage. The coaches think that cam is the best option for now, so he must be, but that is where the problem lies. The running game is good, the receivers are getting open, the line is protecting the QB and yet the ball is overthrown, underthrown, or isn’t thrown to the open receivers. I’ll now get crucified for saying so but I was there and witnessed it.

Unfortunately we don't have a legit starting D1 QB. Cam is a solid back up. Our defense will carry us. Good thing defenses win championships. With how good they are, we don't need a great offense. If we had a qb though, man watch out. It's too bad.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:

I agree. Cam should be playing better at this point in his career.

My crystal ball says: The fast Griz defense controls EWU, harasses Berriere. The Griz offense controls the clock, executes a balanced attack, scoring repeatedly on EWUs defense. Good guys win. You guys have a difficult conversation about who gets the game ball.
:woo:

hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Cal Poly also got a ton of pressure on Cam especially at the beginning, causing him to make mistakes (and he definitely needs to work on that). But the EWU D is so anemic, I don't see them doing that.

I didn’t think Cam was that bad today. I didn’t think the oline played worth a damn and we had way too many penalties that stalled drives. The only bad throw I really thought he had today was on the deep shot to Flowers. Other then that I thought he was fine. He was running for his life in the first half.

retiredpopo said:
you guys worry too much. We will crush ewu. I will be surprised if it any closer than this game.

I'm not going to be able to convince myself not to worry until we beat them on that horrendously ugly field.

Da Boyz Mom said:
retiredpopo said:
you guys worry too much. We will crush ewu. I will be surprised if it any closer than this game.

I'm not going to be able to convince myself not to worry until we beat them on that horrendously ugly field.

I feel better than ever.

Back