• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BSC Weekend Takeaways….

AZGrizFan

DONOR
* Cal Poly is NOT a good football team. If we don’t beat them by 35 I’ll be disappointed. Surprising, for a Beau Baldwin team.

* Weber is a poser—especially without their starting QB. Their D has been exposed by JMU

* EWU’s offense is….WOW. EWU’s defense is….PUTRID. We should easily put that team away, and I’m feeling MUCH better about that matchup than I was at the beginning of the season.

* UNC is exactly who we thought they were. Losing to freaking Lamar….

* The Big sky is UM, MSU & maaaaybeee Davis pulling away, EWU & Weber falling back, and the rest of the conference just sucking hind teet…

nzone said:
Bigsky comes down to the brawl. Both Montana teams will be there in the end.

Go Griz!

As it should
When we start the next streak I want it to be against the best they have to offer.

Honestly not surprised about Cal Poly. He’s not a new coach in a program. He’s a new coach at a program that runs and has picked kids to run an offense from 6 generations of football ago. It will take them a minute to be a contending team.

AZGrizFan said:
* Cal Poly is NOT a good football team. If we don’t beat them by 35 I’ll be disappointed. Surprising, for a Beau Baldwin team.

* Weber is a poser—especially without their starting QB. Their D has been exposed by JMU

* EWU’s offense is….WOW. EWU’s defense is….PUTRID. We should easily put that team away, and I’m feeling MUCH better about that matchup than I was at the beginning of the season.

* UNC is exactly who we thought they were. Losing to freaking Lamar….

* The Big sky is UM, MSU & maaaaybeee Davis pulling away, EWU & Weber falling back, and the rest of the conference just sucking hind teet…

1. Agreed.
2. Weber did have their QB play in that game and still couldn’t hang with JMU. JMU’s offense is legit.
3. That Eastern was a crazy game. Eastern has a dang good offense that would scare anyone but yeah their defense leaves some things to be desired. Almost blew the game.
4. UNC had their backup QB so I give them somewhat of a pass but they blew that game they shoulda won. Lamar couldn’t throw a forward pass.

Other observations:
*NAU..wow. Arizona must be the worst team in the PAC-12 because NAU is a below average team in our league.
*UC Davis and Dixie game was closer than the final score appeared.
*Portland state put on a stinker in their win against d-2 bottom feeder Western Oregon and Barney bought over 2,000 beers
*Idaho played another unaspiring money game against Oregon State and got whipped. They rolled over and played dead. I feel for Idaho fans having a Petrino run the show.

nzone said:

Go Griz!

There’s a high likelihood both are undefeated the morning of 11/20.

AZGrizFan said:
nzone said:

Go Griz!

Jury is still out in my opinion on the cats. They played Wyoming tough, but the two Pioneer teams don't count at all. I think they'll choke away 2-3 games before we see them.

our path to undefeated never looked so good. I can not see any way in 2 weeks ewu can correct their defensive short comings.

AZGrizFan said:
nzone said:

Go Griz!

There is a higher likelihood MSU hits a pothole in either Cheney or Ogden.

retiredpopo said:
our path to undefeated never looked so good. I can not see any way in 2 weeks ewu can correct their defensive short comings.

Eastern has a stellar offense which will keep them in any game. I think they will be a team that will win some they shouldn’t and lose some they shouldn’t. I still think a Friday night game on ESPNU on that ugly red turf will still be a tremendous challenge. I don’t think the Griz should be counting their chickens.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

heck they could hit a pot before either of those games :) maybe McAffery won't be sore so he will play. I read an article that said he was not used to playing so was sore after last weeks game and that is why he did not play yesterday. I don't know if it was true or not but kind of strange if it were true.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

Possible. But neither of those teams did anything to impress me yesterday.

dayday said:
retiredpopo said:

Eastern has a stellar offense which will keep them in any game. I think they will be a team that will win some they shouldn’t and lose some they shouldn’t. I still think a Friday night game on ESPNU on that ugly red turf will still be a tremendous challenge. I don’t think the Griz should be counting their chickens.

along with stellar offense they have a cellar defense. I love our chances.

If the Brawl squares off two 7-0 teams, it could possibly earn an ESPN Game Day in Missoula. Lots of green left on this season, but it's in the realm of possibilities.

dayday said:
retiredpopo said:

Friday??

Back