• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

SAN DIEGO!!!

Doesn’t look like we’ll find out what this cat team is really like until Cal Poly??? And then Weber

Cats have PSU next week. That may tell everyone a little more. Cats should be favored by a couple scores there though too I’d think. San Diego looks to be one of the worst teams I’ve ever seen play college football. Cats are doing what you’re supposed to to an awful team though.

How’s Wyoming doing? Going to be hard for their pathetic offense to put up many points this year.

RainierGriz said:
Cats have done a lot of good things in their three games. They look good to me.

Yep hate to admit it but It is pretty clear that UM, MSU, EWU are top of the heap for the big sky and EWU defense is so bad they may not stay competitive. Very likely that the Cat Griz game could be for the conference title

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:
They’d beat Washington if you listen to cat fans.

I don't know any credible Cats fan that would say that.
From the bit of the game I watched, cats qb made some good throws and big plays, but if he puts the ball in the right spot it’s a 75 yard td and not a great gain. Needs work, but looked much better than what they’ve had at qb recently.

dupuyer griz said:
SACCAT66 said:
From the bit of the game I watched, cats qb made some good throws and big plays, but if he puts the ball in the right spot it’s a 75 yard td and not a great gain. Needs work, but looked much better than what they’ve had at qb recently.

He is getting there. 1st play of the game should have been a long TD pass, but it is 1at play, and I can get that being overthrown by about a yard... we will see how it all plays out.

dupuyer griz said:
SACCAT66 said:

Yep. But also, it was a windy day and that was the first pass of the game. McKay has made some great throws this year and no doubt he’s better than any qb we’ve had since Prukop. The MSU offense is significantly better than what we were at this time in 2019.

wbtfg said:
dupuyer griz said:

Yep. But also, it was a windy day and that was the first pass of the game. McKay has made some great throws this year and no doubt he’s better than any qb we’ve had since Prukop. The MSU offense is significantly better than what we were at this time in 2019.

I think I’ll wait until you play an actual team with a good defense to decide what he is or isn’t or what your offense is or isnt. The last 2 games can’t even be used. May as well been jv games.

HookedonGriz said:
wbtfg said:

I think I’ll wait until you play an actual team with a good defense to decide what he is or isn’t or what your offense is or isnt. The last 2 games can’t even be used. May as well been jv games.

Yeah, that San Diego team is worse than many d2 teams. But it counts as a D1 win so good on ya for those two fluff games to pad stats and get a couple D1 wins. Doesn’t get much more difficult either against a mediocre Portland state team, but I will say they’re significantly better than drake or San Diego. Cats are good, just have only played one quality opponent so it’s hard to say how good.

Back