• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NCAA Announces Playoffs and Championships Won’t be Affected by Transgender Legislation

HookedonGriz

DONOR
I had stated this a while back...that the media was creating some undue angst by claiming “MT will not be allowed to host playoffs if MT pushes through transgender legislation” This was happening with local media too as I can recall a number of local sports journalists beating that drum...well they were wrong:

https://twitter.com/lance_hartz/status/1422973660676206601?s=21

I was also beating that drum based on precedent with North Carolina in 2016, and I was 100% wrong.

Just like the NCAA to release such a strong statement in the Spring and Winter and then back track it. I worried about this for months during the legislative session. I got so involved with politics over this (and a couple other issues) that I hope I never have to deal with politics on that level again. Glad to see they finally came to their senses about this though. Why punish the schools in these states over something that's not their fault?

CDAGRIZ said:
I was also beating that drum based on precedent with North Carolina in 2016, and I was 100% wrong.

Even the great CDA can be wrong once in a while 😜.

I had no issues at all with our posters here drawing certain conclusions. My frustrations were only with local sports media trying to scare the hell out of everyone when they really weren’t sure either.

I even got into a bit of a Twitter spat with one of them saying that they are drawing a lot of conclusions that aren’t quite there yet. He was insistent that there would be no playoffs.

HookedonGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I had no issues at all with our posters here drawing certain conclusions. My frustrations were only with local sports media trying to scare the hell out of everyone when they really weren’t sure either.

I even got into a bit of a Twitter spat with one of them saying that they are drawing a lot of conclusions that aren’t quite there yet. He was insistent that there would be no playoffs.

Definitely more than once in a while. My concern was just the possibility, but I was obviously never sure the NCAA would follow through. I know it probably sounds incredibly insensitive to some bigger issues, but I'm glad nothing came from this from a home playoff standpoint. Thanks for reporting. :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
HookedonGriz said:

Definitely more than once in a while. My concern was just the possibility, but I was obviously never sure the NCAA would follow through. I know it probably sounds incredibly insensitive to some bigger issues, but I'm glad nothing came from this from a home playoff standpoint. Thanks for reporting. :thumb:

Stand up for your principles, but when you're wrong, ADMIT IT! CDA did. Not that difficult a principle to understand. Unfortunately, too many on this site don't have the balls to do so. I could dig through all the posts on this subject and call each and everyone of you out, but that would be a total waste of time.

3-7-77 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Stand up for your principles, but when you're wrong, ADMIT IT! CDA did. Not that difficult a principle to understand. Unfortunately, too many on this site don't have the balls to do so. I could dig through all the posts on this subject and call each and everyone of you out, but that would be a total waste of time.

Yeah why waste time looking up when others are wrong, when you can continue working to perfect always being right?

3-7-77 said:
An innate ability. No need to work at it. My cross to bear. :lol:

You've done an admirable job of trying to reinstate some sensibility to this site, and I appreciate your efforts. Too bad that some would rather command this board to salve their fragile insecurities, than discuss football. It isn't unique. Every college athletic board has them. I call them "pedestrian fans"........ the definition being fans who don't know squat about college athletics, but continue to spew their garbage on here, and hold court with anyone who dares to post anything that doesn't meet their lame-assed standards. They will come out from their basements in 5-4-3-2-1 because they get their self-worth from the 16 hours-a-day that they spend on egriz. Count on it!

Never in all my message board ventures have I seen a single poster struggle so bad with the “quote” function.

“””””””””””””””””””””””””””

had to post again:

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1423066570767675394?s=20

ilovethecats said:
Never in all my message board ventures have I seen a single poster struggle so bad with the “quote” function.

Never in my life have I seen a group of posters who get a woody about quotation marks instead of the message conveyed

ilovethecats said:

Especially when quoting one of his other screen names. :lol:

:?>Never in all my message board ventures have I seen a single poster struggle so bad with the “quote” function. *{^

I don't know. I have never been very good at it!

Back