• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Some Interesting Stats - For Football Transfers

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Just saw this on Twitter:

143 football players transferred out of Conference USA during the last academic year. Only 11% of those transfers went to a Power 5 program. Meanwhile, 65% of C-USA transfers have yet to sign with another program despite fall camp starting for most teams this week.

I have a feeling this is the trend for most transfers. Sometimes the grass truly isn’t greener.....or even available.

HookedonGriz said:
Just saw this on Twitter:

143 football players transferred out of Conference USA during the last academic year. Only 11% of those transfers went to a Power 5 program. Meanwhile, 65% of C-USA transfers have yet to sign with another program despite fall camp starting for most teams this week.

I have a feeling this is the trend for most transfers. Sometimes the grass truly isn’t greener.....or even available.

Conference USA is a little smaller than ACC and even the Mountain West, but it is still FBS. Kids that get to that level have very high expectations of themselves (good or bad). They haven't been told many times that they aren't the best on the team, and for most, it is the 1st time in their football lives that they aren't the BMOC... It is tough for them to wrap their heads around having to sit out, or even lose games. You see it when you watch "Last Chance U" a lot. I get it, and sometimes it works out, and other times it doesn't..

Back