• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Portland State Regular Season Predictions

Griz til I die

DONOR
Back at it after I was gone on vacation last week. There's been plenty of mixed emotions about what kind o team Barny's will have this year. I will admit, I was one of those posters who thought PSU would be in the mix this fall, now I'm not so sure after they're spring game against the Griz. Barnum did comment after the Griz game that he had some players injured that didn't participate in the game, and also said he has an influx of transfers coming in this fall, though I haven't heard anything about who they are or what they play. Let's dive in!

September 4 @ Hawaii - L. The Barny Americana tour is going airborne this season with a vacation to Hawaii. The Rainbow Warriors appear to be rebuilding after the loss former head coach Nick Rolovich who took the head job at Wazzu, but I still think Hawaii takes it (easily, so they might as well treat it like a vacation). Speaking of Wazzu:

September 11 @ Washington State - L. Portland State is 1 of only 2 Big Sky teams (Sact State's the other, we'll talk about them next week) that consistently plays 2 FBS games because of their budget. Wazzu also seems to be rebuilding since Mike Leach left, but I do think the Cougs will be much improved this fall and they win this one easily.

September 18 vs. Western Oregon - W. D2 Western Oregon comes to town after two consecutive FBS road trips. WOU has played some Big Sky teams tough recently, but the Viks will be fine in this one.

September 25 vs. Montana State - L. Tough opponent to open the Big Sky slate with when you've only played FBS or D2 teams. I could see Davis Alexander having a field day in this game, but I also can see Isiah Ifanse having a field day in this game. I'm expecting a high scoring game but I'll take the cats.

October 2 @ Southern Utah - W. This could be a really good game but I think PSU takes it in their final trip to Cedar City.

October 9 @ Idaho - W. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that PSU wins this game. I think the Vandy's will have a very good chance to win the game and I think when I picked this game in Idaho's scouting report I did pick them to win, but now I feel differently.

October 16 vs. Idaho State - L. This feels like one of those games where the Viks start to generate some momentum after playing a tough game against msu and then rallying off two straight wins to get everyone's hopes up, and then fall flat on their face.

October 23 Bye. Good week to have it after you see who they finish with.

October 30 vs. Cal Poly - W. Could Beau Baldwin's team have it rolling by this time that Cal Poly wins this game? Maybe, but I don't think so. PSU takes it.

November 6 @ Weber State - L. If Weber's offense is as bad as I think it's going to be then this might be an interesting game. This might be a 12-10 final but I think Weber hangs on at home.

November 13 @ Sacramento State - L. I'm not expecting a good performance in this one. Sac takes it.

November 20 vs. Eastern Washington - L. Historically, PSU has played very well and won against Eastern in Portland and they could very well win this game, but with a playoff spot on the line for Eastern in Eric Barriere's 12th and final season (hopefully) I think they win this game.

I have PSU going going 4-7. I think they could definitely go 5-6 and possibly even better so we'll have to see. Those are 3 tough games to finish the regular season with and should ultimately be the reason why the Viks record may end up not being indicative of the quality of team they may have in the fall. Thoughts?

I think they have a great shot at beating the Cats at home. Have a feeling the there will only be one Montana team over .500 and it won't be MSU.

Griz til I die said:
October 9 @ Idaho - W. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that PSU wins this game. I think the Vandy's will have a very good chance to win the game and I think when I picked this game in Idaho's scouting report I did pick them to win, but now I feel differently.

October 16 vs. Idaho State - L. This feels like one of those games where the Viks start to generate some momentum after playing a tough game against msu and then rallying off two straight wins to get everyone's hopes up, and then fall flat on their face.

I have PSU going going 4-7. I think they could definitely go 5-6 and possibly even better so we'll have to see. Those are 3 tough games to finish the regular season with and should ultimately be the reason why the Viks record may end up not being indicative of the quality of team they may have in the fall. Thoughts?
I think you have the Idahos mixed up. I pick Idaho to win at home and ISU to lose on the road.

Back