• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky coaches predict 2021 national champion

Da Boyz Mom

DONOR
Sam Herder interviewed all the BSC head coaches "anonymously" but you can figure out which answers were Bobby's just by the way he answered the questions.

"Big Sky Head Coaches Predict The 2021 FCS National Champion - HERO Sports News" https://herosports-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/herosports.com/fcs-football-big-sky-predict-2021-national-champion-bzbz/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16274424363362&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fherosports.com%2Ffcs-football-big-sky-predict-2021-national-champion-bzbz%2F

Da Boyz Mom said:
Sam Herder interviewed all the BSC head coaches "anonymously" but you can figure out which answers were Bobby's just by the way he answered the questions.

"Big Sky Head Coaches Predict The 2021 FCS National Champion - HERO Sports News" https://herosports-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/herosports.com/fcs-football-big-sky-predict-2021-national-champion-bzbz/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16274424363362&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fherosports.com%2Ffcs-football-big-sky-predict-2021-national-champion-bzbz%2F
Good article. And the bison are the favorite again for the chipper and Weber, ewu and Griz are favored for the bsc. I was surprised by the answers regarding vaccines though. It seems to me if you want to play or coach this season you have to commit to being vaccinated or not play. They make it sound like a personal choice which it isn’t when you want to be a member of a team. If a key starter misses games because of it then he has let his fellas down in their common goal to win. I’m surprised by the resistance to the vaccine. I liked the coach who said if an assistant misses a game because of it then he’s fired. I think the sports market place will ultimately dictate because there is so much money at stake and guys will get vaccinated when they realize how they will be left out financially. Gotta love market capitalism.

Jesse said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Good article. And the bison are the favorite again for the chipper and Weber, ewu and Griz are favored for the bsc. I was surprised by the answers regarding vaccines though. It seems to me if you want to play or coach this season you have to commit to being vaccinated or not play. They make it sound like a personal choice which it isn’t when you want to be a member of a team. If a key starter misses games because of it then he has let his fellas down in their common goal to win. I’m surprised by the resistance to the vaccine. I liked the coach who said if an assistant misses a game because of it then he’s fired. I think the sports market place will ultimately dictate because there is so much money at stake and guys will get vaccinated when they realize how they will be left out financially. Gotta love market capitalism.

"bribery"

Yukon said:
Jesse said:

"bribery"

Coercion

Wow. If there is really a bsc team at a 30% vax rate, there is going to be a LOT of cancellations and forfeits.

Jesse said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

You regularly speak from a position of naivety.

This isn't the days of liver killers Ruth, Mantle, Stabler and Layne.

Typically, the closer one gets to world class athlete status the more careful they are about what they put in their bodies. This has now carried down through the college ranks to FCS players. A lot of research by players goes into everything that goes into their bodies, especially those substances that are injected. Please cite the studies they should review that show both the long terms efficacy and potential side effects, when deciding whether to take the vaccines. You gonna let a politician make a decision on an emergency approved vaccine that no one knows if the heart damage they are now seeing in young vaccinated people could end any future career in your sport? Since April 2021, there have been more than a thousand reports to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) of cases of inflammation of the heart—called myocarditis and pericarditis—happening after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (i.e., Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna) in the United States. This is just for April and May, 2021

Can you point to any study that says long term protection is better from vaccines than natural response from contracting covid? Would you take the vaccine when you see that 30-40 of your teammates got the virus but had little or no symptoms from the infection?

You believe a good team player makes lifetime decisions based on what fans think are good "game by game" team decisions rather than making smart, informed, carefully weighed decisions? Don't you think there was a good reason for taking the decision away from a player who gets his bell rung on whether he can return to play? We did away with the "good team player" nonsense they should go back in just so the team can win this game for good reasons.

C'mon, man. Good analysis starts with dropping your political affiliations' preferred outcome objectives and looking for what is out there that both supports and refutes the original inquiry, and analyzing it. Try it, you might like it.

Whichever coach provided these quotes is clearly the smartest of the lot:

“I don’t know how you pick anyone but North Dakota State until they don’t hold up. To me, they’ve earned that right. But I think there’s a handful, maybe five, and I think we’re one of them.”

“Probably would have to say Weber since they just won. And they don’t have to play us.”

Holy crap, who are these idiots:

“I don’t have anything to say about that. It’s a personal choice, so I can’t tell anybody what to do. It’s whatever you want to do.”

“I think it’s their personal business. I don’t think it’s anyone else’s business. It’s up to them. That’s their business and their personal choice. They’re all smart and well-educated individuals.”

I’m starting to take the EG approach: get us the F out of this conf and away from these nutz (or get me a room at The Schick)

garizzalies said:

“I don’t have anything to say about that. It’s a personal choice, so I can’t tell anybody what to do. It’s whatever you want to do.”

“I think it’s their personal business. I don’t think it’s anyone else’s business. It’s up to them. That’s their business and their personal choice. They’re all smart and well-educated individuals.”

I’m starting to take the EG approach: get us the F out of this conf and away from these nutz (or get me a room at The Schick)

Would you advocate for the BSC saying vaccines are mandatory for participation? Because then I guess I’m an idiot too.

EverettGriz said:
Wow. If there is really a bsc team at a 30% vax rate, there is going to be a LOT of cancellations and forfeits.
That quote blew my mind. It’s the coach’s job to have his team prepared for the season. Period.
It must be one of the cowboy schools or maybe one in UT would be my guess—only a couple out of about 4 schools would take this approach, and I will bet it matches up with the idiotic quotes I pointed out above.

RainierGriz said:
garizzalies said:

Would you advocate for the BSC saying vaccines are mandatory for participation? Because then I guess I’m an idiot too.
No, not really but that’s irrelevant. No need. Take politics out of it. If I was a coach, I wouldn’t care less about one’s individual opinion on this topic (unless he had a legit religious exemption) because I would focus on the team as a whole. What’s in the team’s best interest? A player’s best ability is availability. And if he increases his chances of not being available for a game/practice, which also happens to threaten the availability for others on the team, well that’s just not very smart and it doesn’t really matter why.

I had a b-ball coach back in the day who would not allow players to ski during the season. Why risk losing someone unnecessarily? “If you wanna play, them’s the rules.”

BTW, you are not an idiot. Anyone who likes Vitamin-R is ok in my book.

garizzalies said:

Eventually they ALLLL come around to the EG approach. As for The Schick it would be great to see a friendly face, garriz. As you know, the staff has scowled at me ever since the accusations surfaced that I stole the bottle of rice wine from the kitchen.

RainierGriz said:
garizzalies said:

I would certainly advocate that stadiums require vaccination to enter.

EverettGriz said:
garizzalies said:

Eventually they ALLLL come around to the EG approach. As for The Schick it would be great to see a friendly face, garriz. As you know, the staff has scowled at me ever since the accusations surfaced that I stole the bottle of rice wine from the kitchen.
To me, this has Ursa written all over it.
Ever since he was released, I heard he swiped a card key on the way out and he’s been sneaking back in to cause mischief. Probably replaced all the distilled water with vodka and all the soy sauce with brandy. Don’t think they’ve caught on yet, so you should start asking for extra Jello’s with lunch.

garizzalies said:
RainierGriz said:
No, not really but that’s irrelevant. No need. Take politics out of it. If I was a coach, I wouldn’t care less about one’s individual opinion on this topic (unless he had a legit religious exemption) because I would focus on the team as a whole. What’s in the team’s best interest? A player’s best ability is availability. And if he increases his chances of not being available for a game/practice, which also happens to threaten the availability for others on the team, well that’s just not very smart and it doesn’t really matter why.

I had a b-ball coach back in the day who would not allow players to ski during the season. Why risk losing someone unnecessarily? “If you wanna play, them’s the rules.”

BTW, you are not an idiot. Anyone who likes Vitamin-R is ok in my book.

If it’s as simple as coaches encouraging players to get a vaccine so that they are prepared for the season, I’m all for it. I also respect people’s right to choose what goes in their body... as selfish as they may seem to some. And right on! Cold Rainier is a crowd pleaser :p

Back