• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Get Three Games on ROOT Sports and ESPNU

get'em_griz

DONOR
ROOT Sports is only airing four Big Sky games this fall, and Montana gets two of those four. The Big Sky will also get two conference games on ESPNU, Montana the first game against EWU with MSU getting the second game against Weber State. Kickoff times still TBD.

ESPNU
Oct. 2 – Montana @ Eastern Washington
Oct. 15 – Montana State @ Weber State

ROOT Sports
Oct. 9 – Cal Poly at Montana State
Oct. 16 – Idaho at Eastern Washington
Oct. – 30 Southern Utah @ Montana
Nov. – 20, Montana State @ Montana

https://gogriz.com/news/2021/7/26/football-three-griz-games-to-air-on-root-sports-and-espnu-this-season.aspx?fbclid=IwAR2KYQIGcioXLJ7xwzPv3ZkjkjEYwBqOicr1-j9ZasaajIgydUFAg6jo9tQ

I bet Root sports doesn’t renew at the end of their contract this year. They’ve got too much going on now that they’ve added the Kraken and Trailblazers to their lineup, and that’s telling since they dropped the number of games from 9 to 4.

Yippee. I get to pay a bunch of extra money every month for several months just to see three games. It hardly seems worth it.

I have liked being able to see several games a year on ROOT but at this point I am fine with that option going away and all the games being on ESPN+.

Root has been the best thing to happen to the bsc since...ever. But it's always been clear that the conference needs Root far, far more than Root needs the conference.

I agree with GTID; Root will not be part of the conference in 2022.

1. So will the one on ESPN U also be on ESPN+
2. What are the plans for the other games (conference and non-conference)???

Ursus1 said:

1. Yes

2. All non-Root conference games will be on ESPN+. Nonconference games are free to be bid by UM (other than Udub which is on the P12)

Ursus1 said:

The game on ESPN U will be on 'Watch ESPN'--The only way to get Watch ESPN is if your cable/satellite provider allows you access to it. This is kind of confusing because when you go to the online schedule for Watch ESPN or ESPN + all games are shown.

With that written, if you have DirecTV or Charter Spectrum, you have access to Watch ESPN. You just need to login with your account info.

Edit: Regarding your second question. All games not specified for ESPN U or Root should be on ESPN +.

EverettGriz said:
Ursus1 said:

1. Yes

2. All non-Root conference games will be on ESPN+. Nonconference games are free to be bid by UM (other than Udub which is on the P12)

Not true. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, ESPN U are streamed on Watch ESPN. Watch ESPN streams can only be accessed if your cable/satellite provider pay for it. It gets confusing because the stream schedule for ESPN + and Watch ESPN are integrated.

I know this has been asked and answered before, but the games on ROOT and ESPN+, are they broadcast throughout MT? I may have access to Montana locals from Colorado this fall.

grizpsych said:
Ursus1 said:

The game on ESPN U will be on 'Watch ESPN'--The only way to get Watch ESPN is if your cable/satellite provider allows you access to it. This is kind of confusing because when you go to the online schedule for Watch ESPN or ESPN + all games are shown.

With that written, if you have DirecTV or Charter Spectrum, you have access to Watch ESPN. You just need to login with your account info.

Edit: Regarding your second question. All games not specified for ESPN U or Root should be on ESPN +.

Also other streaming services that have live to have access to ESPN U. Hulu with live TV. Sling, etc…. They will also get you access to the channel.

I love that this has happened. People were so convinced cutting the cord would be cheaper. Now most people who want any extended entertainment options now have 4-8 streaming services a month. And the consumers have literally handed the entertainment companies all the power and leverage. It’s quite funny actually

mtgrizfankb said:
grizpsych said:

Also other streaming services that have live to have access to ESPN U. Hulu with live TV. Sling, etc…. They will also get you access to the channel.

I love that this has happened. People were so convinced cutting the cord would be cheaper. Now most people who want any extended entertainment options now have 4-8 streaming services a month. And the consumers have literally handed the entertainment companies all the power and leverage. It’s quite funny actually
This is correct. There are now internet media providers that give access to Watch ESPN. People should think of Watch ESPN as an extension of their media provider and ESPN + as premium. The weird thing is that buying the premium does not guarantee you get the extension.

Edit: I totally agree with you on the cord cutting. I pay a healthy dollar to get DirecTV, but I have every Olympic channel, Every sports channel, access to Watch ESPN and can easily buy ESPN + for a few months.

I super happy that it appears that all non ROOT games, and eventually in a year or two, all games will be on ESPN+. Anyone who has used this to watch the MVFC games over the last few year will at least understand that it is finally a reliable provider.

One thing to note.....

I STRONGLY SUGGEST that anyone that will be using ESPN+ maybe set up the account and start playing with it and getting familiar with it a couple weeks in advance so youre not scrambling day of to figure it out. As many have mentioned before, once you are in ESPN+ app which I do use on my Samsung TV, it can become convoluted and takes a little bit to get used to figuring out what you can access and what you cannot. Anyone who has ever tried to watch golf through the different vehicles within the app can likely relate. Ive been using it for years and I still get caught up from time to time on who is providing what.

Overall, I think everyone is going to be really happy with the network.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
I super happy that it appears that all non ROOT games, and eventually in a year or two, all games will be on ESPN+. Anyone who has used this to watch the MVFC games over the last few year will at least understand that it is finally a reliable provider.

One thing to note.....

I STRONGLY SUGGEST that anyone that will be using ESPN+ maybe set up the account and start playing with it and getting familiar with it a couple weeks in advance so youre not scrambling day of to figure it out. As many have mentioned before, once you are in ESPN+ app which I do use on my Samsung TV, it can become convoluted and takes a little bit to get used to figuring out what you can access and what you cannot. Anyone who has ever tried to watch golf through the different vehicles within the app can likely relate. Ive been using it for years and I still get caught up from time to time on who is providing what.

Easy to forget that ISP suitable for streaming is not available to everyone in MT.

BadlandsGrizFan said:

One thing to note.....

What channel is ESPN+ in Drummond?

CDAGRIZ said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

One thing to note.....

CDAGRIZ said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

One thing to note.....

Good question, CDA. Does anyone know the kickoff time for the 2025 game with Sac State?

Back