• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Game Times?

WIU Dad

Hi Griz fans. I'll be making the trip to your beautiful state for the game on Sept 11. I've been watching the team's website for game time, but they still aren't updated. Anyone have inside info they can share on kickoff time?

Sounding like the cable company here, but between the hours if 1p and 7p MDT. Waiting on, you guessed it, the broadcast companies to come up with a time. Same thing every year. :roll:

Does anyone remember when kick times were announced two years ago? This year seems later than usual but maybe that's just my selective memory talking.

WIU Dad said:
Hi Griz fans. I'll be making the trip to your beautiful state for the game on Sept 11. I've been watching the team's website for game time, but they still aren't updated. Anyone have inside info they can share on kickoff time?

The first home game is usually a night game... But until kick times are officially published, no one knows anything.

Since last year's cluster f*ck had no schedule, I went to go griz for 2019 game times, which came out Aug. 12.

WIU Dad said:

If I was a betting man…and I am….WIU game will most likely be a later afternoon or night kickoff. Mainly Looking at our schedule we “always” have a night game and it’s “always” early in the year when it’s warmer.

9/11 WIU (maroon out) last few years the maroon out has been a night game
9/25 CP (homecoming) not going to be a night game due to HC
10/9 Dixie (Family Weekend) family weekend would be weird to be a night game. Also in October…but early. Idk I doubt this would be our night game slot.
10/16 SAC (2001 Nation Champ reunion) could be the only other date that makes sense but mid October, 7pm kickoff night not appease the masses.

mtgrizfankb said:
WIU Dad said:

If I was a betting man…and I am….WIU game will most likely be a later afternoon or night kickoff. Mainly Looking at our schedule we “always” have a night game and it’s “always” early in the year when it’s warmer.

10/9 Dixie (Family Weekend) family weekend would be weird to be a night game. Also in October…but early. Idk I doubt this would be our night game slot.
10/16 SAC (2001 Nation Champ reunion) could be the only other date that makes sense but mid October, 7pm kickoff night not appease the masses.

One comment additional. This is assuming that the WIU contract didn’t have a “no night or evening game” exception. I doubt it did, but we sometimes run into that with teams from central or eastern US.

mtgrizfankb said:
WIU Dad said:

Considering that MSU has a 6:00 pm game with Drake scheduled for September 11th and SWX is their home network who would handle the game duties at Montana for a night game?

Riley Corcoran admitted in one of those Big Sky media day videos that the WIU game is the night game. Likely a 7pm kick. I would assume with the cats also having a night game, FOX will televise one and ABC will televise the other.

lew1889 said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Considering that MSU has a 6:00 pm game with Drake scheduled for September 11th and SWX is their home network who would handle the game duties at Montana for a night game?

That’s an excellent point! We might not be able to have a night game then on the 11th. My guess then would be for the Sac game then. Who knows maybe we don’t have a night game this year. Bobby would prefer that. We play nights in a couple road games so maybe we try to avoid that for the home games

kickoff_times.jpg

WIU Dad said:
6:00 on a Saturday night in Montana! I'm sure it's going to be great night for Football!

Going to be epic. As long as there aren’t a bajillion forest fires still going on.

Back