• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

…the ncaa…

zengriz said:
…is going down…
…way past time…
…long over due…

… :shock: …

Is the devil you know better than the devil you don't

College athletics as we used to know is dead .

More specifically, "...the NCAA as we know it, is dead..." -- on FoxNews this morning.
Maybe Mark Emmett could use a little help dealing with Job Service. I know! Steve Bullock has recent experience in this area.

3-7-77 said:
More specifically, "...the NCAA as we know it, is dead..." -- on FoxNews this morning.
Maybe Mark Emmett could use a little help dealing with Job Service. I know! Steve Bullock has recent experience in this area.
The wiggle room is in that phrase ... "as we know it."

How much change do you need before you say "dead"? They've taken some big hits in the past, and survived ... changed, perhaps, but hardly dead. Powerful bureaucracies are amazingly resilient at "rolling with the punches" just enough to deflect criticism yet still retain most of their power. (And power is what it's all about.) Personally, I have more faith (!! :roll: ) in the politicians at the NCAA. I do think they'll find a way.

The real pain will come for colleges and universities that see sports (especially football and basketball, obviously) as a big part of their enrollment programs. A lot of that (the pain, that is) is going to depend upon how the alumni react.

3-7-77 said:

Tourist—keep the political shit in the political section.

I have no doubts that the NCAA has a "plan B" and will present their new format soon. Most likely, super conferences, but protective of personnel that will be courted by the "haves" while schools like UM, the Dakotas, etc will probably have a major realignment of football and bball. This just might be one of the best things for middle level football and basketball. Time will tell. But I"m old enough to know that billion dollar businesses know how to protect their turf and Southerners know how to ensure their teams stay relevant.

Latest posts

Back