• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Shrine Game

Olsen and Janacaro had good days from the article.

https://406mtsports.com/high-school/football/manhattans-toby-veltkamp-buttes-jake-olson-missoula-big-skys-colter-janacaro-spark-west-rally-to/article_b9a5645e-02d9-5af4-8afc-650e6c5c9504.html

There were a lot of Griz signees that looked good. Olsen was the Offensive MVP, I believe. He looks like he may be unstoppable at TE given some more time in the weight room. Janacaro was solid, for sure. Junior Bergen was about the only one for the East who could do anything after the 1st Q. I did see Corby Mann played a lot of O line for the East.

On Defense both Rausch and Syvrud made a lot of good plays and were all over the field. Klucewich was also in on a fair amount of plays and had some nice hits. Overall the West D was really tough and the East was constantly in 3rd and long after the 1st Quarter and the East QB couldn't throw the ball well at all. It was more of a defensive game overall. Looks like Veltkamp for Manhattan was D MVP. I guess that's understandable as he had a Pick-6 that gave West the lead for good, but I think Rausch and Syvrud were more impactful overall for the D.

PeauxRouge said:
There were a lot of Griz signees that looked good. Olsen was the Offensive MVP, I believe. He looks like he may be unstoppable at TE given some more time in the weight room. Janacaro was solid, for sure. Junior Bergen was about the only one for the East who could do anything after the 1st Q. I did see Corby Mann played a lot of O line for the East.

On Defense both Rausch and Syvrud made a lot of good plays and were all over the field. Klucewich was also in on a fair amount of plays and had some nice hits. Overall the West D was really tough and the East was constantly in 3rd and long after the 1st Quarter and the East QB couldn't throw the ball well at all. It was more of a defensive game overall. Looks like Veltkamp for Manhattan was D MVP. I guess that's understandable as he had a Pick-6 that gave West the lead for good, but I think Rausch and Syvrud were more impactful overall for the D.

Veltkamp said the same thing.

PeauxRouge said:

I’d agree with this. East had a very good d-line with Griz and Cat players on it but the west turned it on late to get the W.

A shoutout to Evans out of Helena! Haven’t had a chance to watch him play before. He was a menace on the field last night and had a hell of a game!

The Havre kid was a beast for the East Defense. Based on the performances in last nights game it’s very easy to say the GRIZ got the best of the Montana kids.

Richard Cranium said:
The Havre kid was a beast for the East Defense. Based on the performances in last nights game it’s very easy to say the GRIZ got the best of the Montana kids.

Him and Olson looked very physically impressive. I could see them getting on the field sooner rather than later in the next couple of years.

dayday said:
Richard Cranium said:

Him and Olson looked very physically impressive. I could see them getting on the field sooner rather than later in the next couple of years.

Yes! Detrick was an animal as well! Really played the edge nicely!

What a fun game that was to watch. After the 1st qtr, it appeared as though the East was going to run away with the game... but the West won the following 3 qtrs. The teams really got after each other and played harder than you see in a lot of all-stars games. Must have been because they got to play in front of more than a Covid restricted two people crowd this Sat night.

Enjoyed watching Olson standout at TE. Down 12-0, Olson caught a thrown up 11 yard TD, and followed that up with hiking the ball himself and then catching a thrown up 2 pt conversion... Making it 12-8. He had a couple key receptions, for first downs, later in the game as well keeping drives alive. He was the leading receiver in the game.

When he was being recruited, I said that the Griz just need to send him into the end zone and throw it up, this BB Center will come down with the TD. Sure enough. Dane Oliver proves to be a smart all star coach.

I was really impressed with Synsrud and Klucewich, and Rausch opened my eyes a bit as well.

The Griz players really stole the show.

This was an impressive reception, by Rausch, near the front pylon:

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/406mtsports.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/9/be/9beeb528-6102-5f8f-a002-a30955adccbb/60cedfc8d8d0e.image.jpg?resize=1287%2C1609

Richard Cranium said:

I haven't been this excited for a Montana product in some time. Can't wait to see this kid hit the field.

Olson was interviewed tonight by Colter Nuanez on his show... Colter said Jake is about 6'8", 260. I will confirm that. He is not only Gronkowski-like physically, but personality-wise also... Really fun, up-beat kid... Gets his team and crowd fired up.

Back