• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Eastern Regular season predictions

Griz til I die

DONOR
A very fascinating schedule for the eags. They're grateful that Barriere decided to stay at Eastern and not transfer. Otherwise, it would've likely been another year of growing pains. Let's dive in.

September 2 @ UNLV-W. Call me crazy, but I think Eastern wins this game. UNLV was awful last year and that's too bad because they got a lot to be excited about with their second year coach (who will turn it around at some point), and sharing Allegiant Stadium with the Raiders. I think Barriere may do just enough to prevail them to victory in a high scoring affair that could potentially come down to a game winning field goal.

September 11 vs. Central Washington-W. A CWU team we saw this spring. CWU has been known to play spoiler to big sky teams before but that team didn't look too particularly good. Eags roll.

September 18 @ Western Illinois-W. Griz and cat fans know well how difficult a place this is to travel to and play at. Feels like a potential trap game, but I think Eastern finds a way.

September 25 @ Southern Utah-W. No reason to believe the T-birds will have any chance in this one. Eastern dominates in this one.

October 2 vs. Montana-L. This will be a close game but I really do believe the Griz will be the better team in this one. I plan on attending this game so the Griz better put on a good show for me.

October 9 @ Northern Colorado-W. It's UNC, c'mon.

October 16 vs. Idaho-W. These two split with each other in the spring, each winning at home. Another close game but I'll give it to Eastern since they're at home.

October 23 vs. Weber State-L. Who the hell do you cheer for in this one if you're a Griz fan? Weber wins a close one.

October 30 BYE- Eastern will have a four week stretch where they will not leave Cheney. How painful :lol:

November 6 vs. Montana State-W. As I highlighted in the cats season outlook, they cannot beat Eastern no matter how hard they try. So I'll take Eastern.

November 13 @ UC Davis-L. A tough road opponent and a team that seems to always play Eastern well. I don't think UC Davis is a playoff team but this feels like one of those games where you're heavily favored and for whatever reason it just doesn't go your way.

November 20 @ Portland State-W. The Viks have played Eastern very well over the years in Portland, and this may be a play-in game for the Eags. They will likely need this one if they wanna get into the playoffs. With that in mind, I think they take it.

Just imagine for a minute how great it would be getting Weber, Eastern, Idaho and the cats all at home in the same season. You can't ask for much better. This schedule sets up nicely for Eastern but also poorly for Eastern. I think the ceiling could honestly be 11-0 but that's a very high ceiling and won't happen. I think the floor is 6-5 and that makes more sense than 11-0, so I decided to take the middle at 8-3 and we'll see what happens. Thoughts?

UNLV: L
CWU: W
WIU: L
SUU: W
UM: L
NCU: W (should only count for half a win)
MSU: W
Davis: W (1-1 with Davis and WIU, I don't think 2-0 will happen on these road games)
PSU: W

8-3. Playoff berth.

CDAGRIZ said:
Davis: W (1-1 with Davis and WIU, I don't think 2-0 will happen on these road games)

8-3. Playoff berth.
You forgot Weber and Idaho.

Griz til I die said:
CDAGRIZ said:

8-3. Playoff berth.
You forgot Weber and Idaho.

I’m an idiot. Thanks.
They were in my mind when I did it, but, see the line above…

UI: W
WSU: W

I think Weebs will be tough for them, but I think EWU will outrun them. Idaho, is Idaho.

Back