• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Reddit Big Sky History

Thanks for this. When I click here, it reads as 6 National Champions

“Big Sky teams have won the Division I Football National Championship six times, including Eastern Washington most recently in 2010.”

That’s because the Cat editors (Caditors?) count things like ties and rodeo championships while in lower divisions.

BTW, I was recently reminded by a dear friend ( ;) ) why Bubcat fans hang a hot-pink prosthetic scrotum and testicles from the back of their truck. I thought it meant they had no balls, so this was their insider way to claim otherwise—kind of like a secret handshake for Catrolls.
But, no, my wise friend ( ;) ) corrected me and pointed out that it is actually a manifestation of a Napoleon Complex. Which is basically the same thing, right?
Makes a lot of sense and is a microcosm of the fan base.

garizzalies said:
That’s because the Cat editors (Caditors?) count things like ties and rodeo championships while in lower divisions.

This isn't true. We only count Rodeo Championships that were won during our DI years. Which is still more than any other Big Sky school has in all other sports combined.

MTCowpoke said:
garizzalies said:

This isn't true. We only count Rodeo Championships that were won during our DI years. Which is still more than any other Big Sky school has in all other sports combined.
On this site, all that matters is:

1980 - Boise State (10-3, 6-1 in conference)
1981 - Idaho State (12-1, 6-1 in conference)
1984 - Montana State (12-2, 6-1 in conference)
1995 - Montana (13-2, 6-1 in conference)
2001 - Montana (15-1, 7-0 in conference)
2010 - Eastern Washington (13-2, 7-1 in conference)

MTCowpoke said:
garizzalies said:

I always thought the MSU rodeo thing was a joke because they're all hillbillies. Are you here to tell me that they actually have a rodeo team that competes against itself for national championships? If so, that is fucking hilarious!

CDAGRIZ said:
MTCowpoke said:

I always thought the MSU rodeo thing was a joke because they're all hillbillies. Are you here to tell me that they actually have a rodeo team that competes against itself for national championships? If so, that is f###[#] hilarious!
I wondered that too, are the horses and cattle part of the team? Do they have MSU brands? Putting a picture of MSU's star bull on a porta potty wouldn't even be the worst marketing idea the Bobcats have come up with.

SaskGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I always thought the MSU rodeo thing was a joke because they're all hillbillies. Are you here to tell me that they actually have a rodeo team that competes against itself for national championships? If so, that is f###[#] hilarious!
I wondered that too, are the horses and cattle part of the team? Do they have MSU brands? Putting a picture of MSU's star bull on a porta potty wouldn't even be the worst marketing idea the Bobcats have come up with.

:lol: :lol:

Nice work, men!

Ursa Major said:
SaskGriz said:

:lol: :lol:

Nice work, men!

Agreed! Those are two damn solid posts.

MTCowpoke said:
garizzalies said:

Rodeo isn't even a DI sport (non-NCAA, and you compete against other Junior Colleges).

NAU is the only Big Sky team to win any all DI championship - 4 Men's Cross Country Championships and counting).

dbackjon said:
MTCowpoke said:

Rodeo isn't even a DI sport (non-NCAA, and you compete against other Junior Colleges).

NAU is the only Big Sky team to win any all DI championship - 4 Men's Cross Country Championships and counting).
Training at 7000' is an unfair advantage. Highland privilege!

dbackjon said:
MTCowpoke said:

We compete against the UM rodeo team. And yes, you do have one.

MTCowpoke said:
dbackjon said:

Yeah I don't know why they are mocking it, rodeo is legit and the Griz have a team.

zootownrox said:
MTCowpoke said:

Yeah I don't know why they are mocking it, rodeo is legit and the Griz have a team.

When UM does it, it’s cool. When MSU does it, it’s lame. I can’t explain why, but it’s true.

Finally caught up to the neighbor. He was out doing his favorite pastime—shoveling dog shit—and couldn’t duck me this time.

He was telling me that the Bub’s new athletic building is almost complete. He bragged that it will have the best view of any facility in all of CFB, and I joked that it probably has a great view of the shit pond.

He said, no, the view is of the actual football field. This did not make sense to me and sounded even crazier as he continued to explain. Apparently, their new athletic building replaced the old, open, metal pole barn (lean-to shed thingy) in the north-by-northwest-by-north endzone. Seriously, the new building is literally in the end zone and will be part of the stadiums (stadia?).

There will be no stands or fans in this new building on game day. In fact, there will be nobody in there. So it will be taking up prime real estate for no reason whatsoever.

At first, I said at least it will eliminate the need for the team to walk all the way across campus to reach the locker rooms in a completely different building miles away. But he said, oh no, they still plan to do the “promenade” twice every game.

What in the literal fuck? I have so many questions. What is the point? How dumb is this? Why? Do engineers purposely design things that are so dumb only they could imagine?

It’s like engineers can only work backwards with no foresight: “Where could we even fit this building?
“Well, we have been receiving some flack about the pole barn, maybe we could get 2 birds with one stone!”

garizzalies said:
Finally caught up to the neighbor. He was out doing his favorite pastime—shoveling dog shit—and couldn’t duck me this time.

He was telling me that the Bub’s new athletic building is almost complete. He bragged that it will have the best view of any facility in all of CFB, and I joked that it probably has a great view of the shit pond.

He said, no, the view is of the actual football field. This did not make sense to me and sounded even crazier as he continued to explain. Apparently, their new athletic building replaced the old, open, metal pole barn (lean-to shed thingy) in the north-by-northwest-by-north endzone. Seriously, the new building is literally in the end zone and will be part of the stadiums (stadia?).

There will be no stands or fans in this new building on game day. In fact, there will be nobody in there. So it will be taking up prime real estate for no reason whatsoever.

At first, I said at least it will eliminate the need for the team to walk all the way across campus to reach the locker rooms in a completely different building miles away. But he said, oh no, they still plan to do the “promenade” twice every game.

What in the literal fuck? I have so many questions. What is the point? How dumb is this? Why? Do engineers purposely design things that are so dumb only they could imagine?

It’s like engineers can only work backwards with no foresight: “Where could we even fit this building?
“Well, we have been receiving some flack about the pole barn, maybe we could get 2 birds with one stone!”

I wonder if they made Sixx’s office bigger than the rodeo coach’s office.

The update will possibly get rid of the cat piss-colored rust stains the stadium is covered with, but rest assured, the trail of tears will look the same from the refurbished venue.

garizzalies said:

And MSU continues to spew 'engineers' to an unexpecting world. Maybe these guys are from the Area 51 retro-engineering department. This BAC might just take off and fly, or disappear without warning. Sly.

Yes but good gracious don’t take off anywhere. It sounds like your BAC is over the limit.

Can someone please confirm MSC’s new pole barn weight room will in fact be located in the end zone of the main stadiums’ FB field? Is this for reals?

I always mess up which direction their field is oriented and which endzone. And there are so many mud-hole fields with stomping heifers; they all look alike. I believe they call the one I’m thinking of, Reno’s For Sale Field. Which is the weirdest name in all of CFB. IOW, HTF did it get that name? Did the Reno commerce dept buy naming rights?

Anyway, can some Catrolls pls post some pics here? Do the renderings show the old man in the hot tub being able to actually watch the game or just co-Ed’s. I assumed they would locate it somewhere—anywhere—else.

Back