• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Early Look: Washington Huskies line-up vs. Griz

Brother Bear

https://www.si.com/college/washington/football/a-way-too-early-uw-football-starting-lineup

Griz men's basketball went to Seattle and beat the Huskies this past season... can football do the same next fall?
Montana still looking for that signature Division I FBS win, can this be the year?

No business even playing in this game. Small, slow kids playing huge, fast monsters. I just hope they get out of there without too many injuries.

Remember last time we played UW? Cost Reese Phillips his career!

Raider said:
No business even playing in this game. Small, slow kids playing huge, fast monsters. I just hope they get out of there without too many injuries.

Remember last time we played UW? Cost Reese Phillips his career!
Fear mongering, painted with a very broad brush. That fear is for the very weak and has no data support. Compare the UM injuries in the last UW game (2017) with those in the following game vs. Savannah St.

This just in; these Griz are not small and slow.

UW basketball is nowhere near as good as UW's football team. I expect them to be top 3 in the PAC 12 this year. I think if we can keep it around 28 points, I'll be pleased with our effort. Last FBS game on the schedule for a LONG time, so if you're looking to watch the Griz play a big dog, this is your last chance cause there are none on any future schedules, which may actually be a good thing with the new transfer rules.

Brother Bear said:
https://www.si.com/college/washington/football/a-way-too-early-uw-football-starting-lineup

Griz men's basketball went to Seattle and beat the Huskies this past season... can football do the same next fall?
Montana still looking for that signature Division I FBS win, can this be the year?

Center — Luke Wattenberg. Can't argue with someone who will become a sixth-year player and a five-year line starter.

A FIVE year starter? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Did a little reading. He is the smallest member of the Huskies biggest offensive line, ever. He's 6'5" and 300#. Redshirt in 2016. NCAA provided year #5 because of the Wuhan Plague. First start was against __________ in 2017.(Hint: a 63-7 win on Sept. 9).

tourist said:
Did a little reading. He is the smallest member of the Huskies biggest offensive line, ever. He's 6'5" and 300#. Redshirt in 2016. NCAA provided year #5 because of the Wuhan Plague. First start was against __________ in 2017.(Hint: a 63-7 win on Sept. 9).

Alcorn State?

tourist said:

Well i guess that’s true. There’s gonna be a LOT of “5 year starters” with the free year being thrown in there.

AZDoc said:
tourist said:

Alcorn State?

I don't think that's quite right. I can't recall the team for certain, but I do believe they lead 7-0 at one point.

I had to look it up. Josh Sandry 36 yd INT for TD, Purdy kick. Game tied 7-7 at that point.
But, Michigan poo-poo'd App St in the Big House years ago. Maybe this is the year both Griz and Huskies get their NCs. :thumb: Go Griz!

AZDoc said:
EverettGriz said:
I don't think that's quite right. I can't recall the team for certain, but I do believe they lead 7-0 at one point.

Shoot...I’ll get it...it’ll come to me.

In his First Start, his team won 38-3... But the opponent was up 3-0.

AZDoc said:
EverettGriz said:

Shoot...I’ll get it...it’ll come to me.
Yeah, a Josh Sandry pick six.

That 2017 defense was led by a DC incapable of seeing that Dante Olson should be on the field. This year's defense will not be such a pushover. Yeah, they'll wear down, but will be noticed before they do.

It will be reminiscent of a recent game against those pesky waddlers from the state to the south.

Back