• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Moving Forward-Griz vs cats

nzone

So now the pandemic is beginning to subside and it looks like the 2021 Fall Season is beginning to look like a sense of normalcy what have/will we do to right a 4 year slide against msu? In 2019 we gave up 406 total rushing yards and 48 points. Is there a reason this can’t/ won’t happen again? We still run a 3-3-5 defense without Olson, and Sims. Granted our back end is much better but on average the cats ran for 6 yards per carry. Not to mention they still have the same experienced offensive line and Ifanse who will require two people to get him on the ground. Not to mention we are on the smaller side at the strong/weak linebacker spot. Granted the defense is designed to create havoc for the offensive line but do you think the cat offensive lineman will be confused? Not me. So what has really changed? The one thing in our favor is that the coaching staff is head and shoulders above state college’s... I sure hope we didn’t our ass kicked because we left it all on the table against Weber.

nzone said:
So now the pandemic is beginning to subside and it looks like the 2021 Fall Season is beginning to look like a sense of normalcy what have/will we do to right a 4 year slide against msu? In 2019 we gave up 406 total rushing yards and 48 points. Is there a reason this can’t/ won’t happen again? We still run a 3-3-5 defense without Olson, and Sims. Granted our back end is much better but on average the cats ran for 6 yards per carry. Not to mention they still have the same experienced offensive line and Ifanse who will require two people to get him on the ground. Not to mention we are on the smaller side at the strong/weak linebacker spot. Granted the defense is designed to create havoc for the offensive line but do you think the cat offensive lineman will be confused? Not me. So what has really changed? The one thing in our favor is that the coaching staff is head and shoulders above state college’s... I sure hope we didn’t our ass kicked because we left it all on the table against Weber.

I think you’ll be fine so long as bobby prepares for the right quarterback. Hahaha.

My first reaction. Who cares about the Cats and their vegan coach. Second thought was the Cats defense is very suspect. Very. I don’t care how much they run the ball, they are going to have a rough time winning games if their defense is weak. They also don’t appear to have a passing game. Hard to be one dimensional and win a lot. I also think no spring games will actually hurt them. The Griz were like Goldilocks. Got good experience this spring, kept their kids engaged and had two very impressive wins. This is not the same team as last year or previous years. There appears to still be transfers coming as well. Top that off with the game being in Missoula and I don’t think the kitten faithful will be smiling after The Brawl. I do hope for one more big D lineman transferring in. My third reaction - who cares about the Cats and their Vegan coach. This could be the year the Griz get a natty.

Given the overall strength and balance of the Griz, I doubt there is a team in FCS that can beat them. I don’t think that team will be state college.

retiredpopo said:
You would think egriz would change it on the schedule tho as it still shows the game in bozo
gogriz.com has it correct.

https://gogriz.com/sports/football/schedule

kemajic said:
retiredpopo said:
You would think egriz would change it on the schedule tho as it still shows the game in bozo

Yes only egriz when you click on the schedule link above has it wrong.

nzone said:

These are great points and they are not being addressed. You have less talent, will be playing a team with the same/better talent, and your coaching staff which lost the last 2 seemingly don't get that it's "not just another game"!

I predict another great...big...win...in the zoo this fall!

Catsrback76 said:
nzone said:

These are great points and they are not being addressed. You have less talent, will be playing a team with the same/better talent, and your coaching staff which lost the last 2 seemingly don't get that it's "not just another game"!

Your opinion will impact a lot of thinking for sure.

kemajic said:
retiredpopo said:

Good grief.... I loaded eGriz schedule onto all my fall weekends, and it’s screwed up my life! So, GoGriz.com is official?

RABIDAWG said:
kemajic said:

Good grief.... I loaded eGriz schedule onto all my fall weekends, and it’s screwed up my life! So, GoGriz.com is official?
Think about it. The official UM AD site vs. a blog? Who handles scheduling, the UM AD or eGriz?

Catsrback76 said:

This is the point that is not being addressed in your post:

Choach

It’s the name they dare not utter in Bozarado. It’s the force that moves mountains and MILFs. The kittens are Choachless in 2021. Somehow the Griz will find a way.

AllWeatherFan said:
Catsrback76 said:

Choach

It’s the name they dare not utter in Bozarado. It’s the force that moves mountains and MILFs. The kittens are Choachless in 2021. Somehow the Griz will find a way.

Agreed. Any true Bobcat knows he cannot proceed along the .530 path Choachless. Can’t be done. Certainly can’t be done with whatever that mutant/android with the bundt cake personality they hired after every other choice turned them down. Bobcats will not be above .500 this season. That’s just a scientific fact.

CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Choach

Agreed. Any true Bobcat knows he cannot proceed along the .530 path Choachless. Can’t be done. Certainly can’t be done with whatever that mutant/android with the bundt cake personality they hired after every other choice turned them down. Bobcats will not be above .500 this season. That’s just a scientific fact.

Scientific fact like Anthony Fauci? Good one! :clap: :lol:

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

No. A scientific fact like Brett Vigen. He's a dude who was apparently engineered in a NoDak laboratory or lavatory using a corncob, a wet blanket, and the DNA of Skyler White and Adrian Balboa. He's manufactured to go 5-6 with the typical attendant fanfare. You know it, I know it, and Bob Dole knows it.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

No. A scientific fact like Brett Vigen. He's a dude who was apparently engineered in a NoDak laboratory or lavatory using a corncob, a wet blanket, and the DNA of Skyler White and Adrian Balboa. He's manufactured to go 5-6 with the typical attendant fanfare. You know it, I know it, and Bob Dole knows it.

That is so goddamn funny!

Back