• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kudos to UM for playing 2 games

Paytonlives

Staff member
Was watching the kittens in their scrum.... UGLY

Thank you UM for finding 2 games to play, it is so much better playing another team.

In the Monmouth V Sammy H. game, I swore I heard the announcers giving props to the Griz, and wished they would've played another game to get into the playoffs. Seemed to respect the Griz decision tho.

Paytonlives said:
Was watching the kittens in their scrum.... UGLY

Thank you UM for finding 2 games to play, it is so much better playing another team.

A graphic shown during today’s Sam Houston/Monmouth game showed the five highest-scoring offenses in the FCS, with Sam Houston and Monmouth being two of those teams. The highest scoring offense belonged to Montana with an average of 53.5 points per game.

Can't help but wish we were still playing ball. I get it though, the chipper is may 16th and then fall camp starts in a couple months with a full fall season after that, too quick of a turnaround and too high chance of injuries.

I can't help but think we could win a national championship in a couple weeks, it's been a down year for everyone but SDSU...🤷‍♂️

I was upset when they canceled the spring season, but I was wrong. Glad they did and playing 2 games was perfect. Hope the NCAA will allow spring games like this in the future.

Yukon said:
I was upset when they canceled the spring season, but I was wrong. Glad they did and playing 2 games was perfect. Hope the NCAA will allow spring games like this in the future.

That’s a great thought. Two spring games each year for the guys who are returning the next fall. Like “friendlies” in soccer. It could only help the product on the field. There are injury concerns, of course, but anything but the most major ones would have time to rehab. I enjoyed it as well.

I just posted on another thread that I saw literally NOTHING from Weber or EWU that would concern me in the least. Those were both embarrassing losses for the Big Sky. I am excited for the fall as the Griz looked levels better than these teams.

HookedonGriz said:
I just posted on another thread that I saw literally NOTHING from Weber or EWU that would concern me in the least. Those were both embarrassing losses for the Big Sky. I am excited for the fall as the Griz looked levels better than these teams.

Especially now that 3/4 of EWU will hit the transfer portal now that the “season” is over.

And the Bubcats lost their spring game too, and looked like shit doing so.

Guess what? Their new savior, transfer QB can’t throw. And guess what else: water is wet.

Their coach, Mr. Sextuple, described the CATastrophy like this: “We were a little off today. There were some details…we know what we were supposed to do but couldn’t get there.”

That is coach-speak for “holy crap I didn’t realize how bad we suck ass—I feel like Choach ding-dong-ditched and left a flaming bag of cat shit on my porch to stomp out.”

garizzalies said:

Guess what? Their new savior, transfer QB can’t throw. And guess what else: water is wet.

Their coach, Mr. Sextuple, described the CATastrophy like this: “We were a little off today. There were some details…we know what we were supposed to do but couldn’t get there.”

That is coach-speak for “holy crap I didn’t realize how bad we suck ass—I feel like Choach ding-dong-ditched and left a flaming bag of cat shit on my porch to stomp out.”

Guess we will find out.

garizzalies said:

They did also have several players not participate in the game yesterday. I’d take it with a grain of salt. Spring games IMO never really look that good any way.

What’s all this about the new QB not being able to throw? He was supposed to be the answer to solve Choach’s inability to recruit and/or develop a QB.

garizzalies said:

There’s no way to positively reframe what took place yesterday in the Gelatin Valley. Coach Nikki Sixx is in trouble. At least they are keeping up with Choach’s tradition of the non-throwing quarterback.

Ursa Major said:
garizzalies said:

There’s no way to positively reframe what took place yesterday in the Gelatin Valley. Coach Nikki Sixx is in trouble. At least they are keeping up with Choach’s tradition of the non-throwing quarterback.

“Nikki Sixx” got me! I’ve just been referring to him as “Six” because it makes me feel like Riggins talking to Jason Street. Nordakoda furever, Six.

Griz til I die said:
Agreed Payton :clap: :clap: :clap: I'd like to see one spring game every year.
We all would, but doubt the NCAA goes along with it. This was the covid year and an exception as there was an FCS spring schedule.

SACCAT66 said:
garizzalies said:

Guess we will find out.
I see you cannot, and did not attempt to, dispute any of my facts once again. Of course you can’t.

The real issue here is that this was a reasonable response by you. Are you okay?

Are you telling me the Bubcats are not pre-season champs this year?

My god it must be worse than I thought!

kemajic said:
Griz til I die said:
Agreed Payton :clap: :clap: :clap: I'd like to see one spring game every year.
We all would, but doubt the NCAA goes along with it. This was the covid year and an exception as there was an FCS spring schedule.
Oh I know. They’ll probably never allow it because it makes total sense.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

“Nikki Sixx” got me! I’ve just been referring to him as “Six” because it makes me feel like Riggins talking to Jason Street. Nordakoda furever, Six.

Christening a widely acceptable nickname for this guy is tough, there’s just nothing there. It’s like coming up with a nickname for a straight line or beige. It’s the NoDak way.

I can picture Ron Ash onboard his yacht with his topless 20-something girlfriend, finishing his third bottle of Chardonnay while laughing about this hire.

As Sixx sits alone in his 1970’s paneled basement gawking at his stamp collection. :|

I can imagine coach Sixx’s wife reaching out to touch his hand at dinner. This isn’t romantic intimacy, she’s just checking for a pulse.

Back