• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weebs host Southern Ill

Paytonlives

Staff member
Again not a big fan of Weber.... but I hope they beat the piss out of the what ever you call thems...

Game time 2:00

I haven't been paying attention this season, but watching this game, it sure looks like Weber's offense is still trash lol

Some dumb ass Weber fans were talking shit on Twitter a week or so ago about the Griz not playing.

Well that tweet aged really well. What a shitty and embarrassing loss for them to the 5th team in from mvfc.

I’m looking forward to the fall. I saw NOTHING that has me concerned about Weber or EWU.

HookedonGriz said:
Some dumb ass Weber fans were talking shit on Twitter a week or so ago about the Griz not playing.

Well that tweet aged really well. What a shitty and embarrassing loss for them to the 5th team in from mvfc.

I’m looking forward to the fall. I saw NOTHING that has me concerned about Weber or EWU.
Agreed hooked! I’ve been saying this for a while now, Weber is the luckiest team in the FCS. In 2019, the only reason they won the Big Sky was because North Dakota late in the 4th quarter fumbled the kickoff in the end zone, then in the first round of the playoffs they should’ve lost to Kennesaw but they fumbled the ballin the backfield on a pitch play and Weber got a scoop and score.

This year they shouldn’t have even won the Big Sky but the only reason they did was because they completed a one in a million Hail Mary against NAU to win the game. I’m not even remotely worried about Weber or Eastern. Eastern will probably have a mass exodus of transfers tomorrow, and Weber will probably somehow win the conference because one of MSU’s RB’s will stub their toe or some other ridiculous thing like that :lol:

Griz til I die said:
HookedonGriz said:

Agreed hooked! I’ve been saying this for a while now, Weber is the luckiest team in the FCS. In 2019, the only reason they won the Big Sky was because North Dakota late in the 4th quarter fumbled the kickoff in the end zone, then in the first round of the playoffs they should’ve lost to Kennesaw but they fumbled the ballin the backfield on a pitch play and Weber got a scoop and score.

This year they shouldn’t have even won the Big Sky but the only reason they did was because they completed a one in a million Hail Mary against NAU to win the game. I’m not even remotely worried about Weber or Eastern. Eastern will probably have a mass exodus of transfers tomorrow, and Weber will probably somehow win the conference because one of MSU’s RB’s will stub their toe or some other ridiculous thing like that :lol:

So the luckiest team in the FCS is 26-3 in conference play (31-3 overall versus conference teams) with 4 conference titles? This conference must really suck.

Griz til I die said:
HookedonGriz said:

Luckiest and oldest. Little cheaters.

SWeberCat02 said:
Griz til I die said:

So the luckiest team in the FCS is 26-3 in conference play (31-3 overall versus conference teams) with 4 conference titles? This conference must really suck.
The words "luckiest" and "Ogden, Utah" have never been used in a sentence together without the words "wasn't out of gas" and "I-15 North".

SWeberCat02 said:
Griz til I die said:

Well you don't win the conference in 2019 if UND doesn't fumble the kickoff in the end zone, and you don't win it this Spring if you don't complete a 1 in a million hail mary against NAU. That's exactly the point I'm trying to make, you guys have had tons of good fortune in the last 2 seasons.

SaskGriz said:
SWeberCat02 said:
The words "luckiest" and "Ogden, Utah" have never been used in a sentence together without the words "wasn't out of gas" and "I-15 North".

:lol:

SWeberCat02 said:
Griz til I die said:

Weber has been good. There's no doubt about that.

Would you equate this team with those?

EverettGriz said:
SWeberCat02 said:

Returned a lot of starters so was expecting this team to be really good. And although they went 5-0 it never really felt like things were clicking like past seasons. Offense showed signs of improvement but just too inconsistent. Defense and Special Teams both took a step back I think. Had a lot of injuries to key players, so that's probably part of it. Injuries seemed to be a big issue for most teams around the country though, which I found strange since they hadn't played in a year and a half (which is why maybe?). But just a very weird season for everyone so hoping we'll get back on track in the Fall. Have a favorable schedule with MSU and UCD at home, and no UM or Sac St. Roadie to EWU will be tough and we get James Madison at home, which will be fun.

SWeberCat02 said:
EverettGriz said:

Returned a lot of starters so was expecting this team to be really good. And although they went 5-0 it never really felt like things were clicking like past seasons. Offense showed signs of improvement but just too inconsistent. Defense and Special Teams both took a step back I think. Had a lot of injuries to key players, so that's probably part of it. Injuries seemed to be a big issue for most teams around the country though, which I found strange since they hadn't played in a year and a half (which is why maybe?). But just a very weird season for everyone so hoping we'll get back on track in the Fall. Have a favorable schedule with MSU and UCD at home, and no UM or Sac St. Roadie to EWU will be tough and we get James Madison at home, which will be fun.

Head up, they'll all be back for the next two years.

CDAGRIZ said:
SWeberCat02 said:

Head up, they'll all be back for the next two years.

Do their scholarship’s pay their mortgage’s and child care bills? Most 28 year olds have those by now.

Back