• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

HB Depth

mtgrizrule

With Knight out, how healthy is our HB depth?
With the running game struggle against CWU, how much can the running game be improved?
Do we try different talent, or is it a matter of better run blocking by the OL?

I'm a little concerned with our running game. I've mentioned having Flowers see some looks out of the backfield, with a few carries and be used as 3rd down pass receiving threat out of the backfield.

With the rapid emergence of Harris up the depth chart, are the likes of Drew Turner injured? I like Turner's combination of size, toughness, and speed, if healthy. How are the likes of Armstead, Arnston, Colter Janacaro doing to date? Which of them would be the most likely to emerge, this season, if needed?

With Knight out, between Harris, Ostmo, and Turner, can we have a game changing reliable running game?
Selfishly, I'd like to see more Flowers and/or a healthy Turner emerge.

Thoughts?

mtgrizrule said:
With the running game struggle against CWU, how much can the running game be improved?

I'm a little concerned with our running game. I've mentioned having Flowers see some looks out of the backfield, with a few carries and be used as 3rd down pass receiving threat out of the backfield.

With the rapid emergence of Harris up the depth chart, are the likes of Drew Turner injured? I like Turner's combination of size, toughness, and speed, if healthy. How are the likes of Armstead, Arnston, Colter Janacaro doing to date? Which of them would be the most likely to emerge, this season, if needed?

With Knight out, between Harris, Ostmo, and Turner, can we have a game changing reliable running game?

Thoughts?
A Roots transfer.

kemajic said:
mtgrizrule said:

Thoughts?
A Roots transfer.

I’m thinking more of a Child’s transfer

Maybe there was a game design last week to not emphasize the run and concentrate more on passing. Let's see if this week is different.

"After passing up pro baseball shot, RB Nick Ostmo is looking to hit home runs at Montana"

[His brother played baseball at Dartmouth.]

"I’ve just gotten a lot stronger and faster than I was. Just focusing on the things that I wasn’t so great at last year, trying to fix my speed so I could have that breakaway speed and just getting stronger to break tackles. I gained 5 or 7 pounds. I think the biggest thing was changing my diet and eating a lot more fruits and vegetables than I did last year.

I just feel a lot better, not as sore after practices and games, just feel like I have more body control. I feel a lot lighter even though I got heavier, and I’m not as sluggish."

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/griz-q-a-after-passing-up-pro-baseball-shot-rb-nick-ostmo-is-looking-to/article_0ec3ca9f-e6a7-5e9a-9c91-5a5fe2059b62.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

I think Ostmo needs a compliment - him and Knight would have been a hell of a combo. Harris I like but I'm worried that he's pretty young and wonder how he'll hold up over a full season. If the Childs transfer is solid - that'll help big time I think.

I still think Ostmo has a good future with the Griz and I think he will prove himself a reliable force this season. I remember feeling really good about him last season when he was a true freshman. One game after 450 days without a game isn't enough for me to think less of him. He'll be good if he keeps grinding.

Back