• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Malik Flowers- Increased Role

mtgrizrule

I've mentioned this before. With Malik's big play ability, a loaded WR group, and the injury to Knight, should Flowers be considered for an increased more versatile role? I think we should figure out more ways to use him. I'd like to see him get 6+ touches per game on offense, + his return duties.

Line him up all over the field. I think he has the size and strength to hold up to a few backfield carries, gadget plays, and a prevalent 3rd down back role. Yes, we have other playmakers available, but I see them in more specialized roles, or with physical restrictions with weight and or injuries. I see Flowers with the talent and physical traits to be a jack of all trades on offense.

Does anyone know, would he be open to some action out of the backfield? Does he have any running back experience? Based on his returns, he is quick, has terrific eyesight, awareness, and takes care of the ball well He has good hands and most importantly, is another big play threat, every time he touches the ball. The problem is, we are loaded at WR and there are plenty of other specialty options in the offense. Would Hauck and Rosenbach be open to giving Flowers an expanded more versatile role in the offense?

I look forward to hearing what you all think. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
I've mentioned this before. With Malik's big play ability, a loaded WR group, and the injury to Knight, should Flowers be considered for an increased more versatile role? I think we should figure out more ways to use him. I'd like to see him get 6+ touches per game on offense, + his return duties.

Line him up all over the field. I think he has the size and strength to hold up to a few backfield carries, gadget plays, and a prevalent 3rd down back role. Yes, we have other playmakers available, but I see them in more specialized roles, or with physical restrictions with weight and or injuries. I see Flowers with the talent and physical traits to be a jack of all trades on offense.

Does anyone know, would he be open to some action out of the backfield? Does he have any running back experience? Based on his returns, he is quick, has terrific eyesight, awareness, and takes care of the ball well He has good hands and most importantly, is another big play threat, every time he touches the ball. The problem is, we are loaded at WR and there are plenty of other specialty options in the offense. Would Hauck and Rosenbach be open to giving Flowers an expanded more versatile role in the offense?

I look forward to hearing what you all think. :thumb:
Good questions. For certain we need to find more ways to get the ball in his hands. Elite talent.

My thoughts exactly: Line up in the I with Ostmo at FB and Flowers as the deep back , do lots of things, ie: Toss sweep. Flare back motion as swing. and basic TB read action... .

Griz#64 said:
My thoughts exactly: Line up in the I with Ostmo at FB and Flowers as the deep back , do lots of things, ie: Toss sweep. Flare back motion as swing. and basic TB read action... .

Ostmo isn’t the guy. Neither was Eastwood. Starting to question why we can get some more talent in the backfield. Knight was impressive. The drop off appears to be significant

Copper Griz said:
Griz#64 said:

Ostmo isn’t the guy. Neither was Eastwood. Starting to question why we can get some more talent in the backfield. Knight was impressive. The drop off appears to be significant
Understated.

I would like to see some quick screens, middle screen, bubble screen, and/or tunnel screen with him and Sulser. Give them both some open space and see where it goes? I have never really watched his blocking at WR, so a HB has to take on blitzing LBs and DL's. I think he has the vision for a perimeter back and/or maybe off tackle?

I don't know. He got caught from behind twice in the game....maybe he's lost a step? :lol: :lol:

Jet sweeps with him and Sulser. Need something to open up the running game, pre-snap motion can certainly help to get the defense out of position and eyes not focused.

With his speed...at least use him to take the top of the defenses and make them play honest....he and Sulser have this same ability imo and Flowers is a lot bigger for 50/50 balls than Sulser...

Latest posts

Back