• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will Vaccine Passports Creep into Stadiums and Sports?

PlayerRep

1. ‘Vaccine passports’ are on the way, but developing them won’t be easy

White House-led effort tries to corral more than a dozen initiatives"

'The Biden administration and private companies are working to develop a standard way of handling credentials — often referred to as “vaccine passports” — that would allow Americans to prove they have been vaccinated against the novel coronavirus as businesses try to reopen.

The effort has gained momentum amid President Biden’s pledge that the nation will start to regain normalcy this summer and with a growing number of companies — from cruise lines to sports teams — saying they will require proof of vaccination before opening their doors again.

Other countries are racing ahead with their own passport plans, with the European Union pledging to release digital certificates that would allow for summer travel.

There is evidence vaccine passports could motivate skeptical Americans to get shots. Several vaccine-hesitant participants at a recent focus group of Trump voters led by pollster Frank Luntz suggested their desire to see family, go on vacation and resume other aspects of daily life outpaced fear of the shots, particularly if travel companies and others moved to require proof of vaccination.

“We love to travel. We love to take cruises. I would get it to travel,” said Debbie of Georgia, who like others in the focus group was identified only by her first name.

Some attendees dissented and warned that requiring a credential would backfire.'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/03/28/vaccine-passports-for-work/?itid=hp-top-table-main

2. "New York Just Launched A Digital Vaccine Pass To Restart Concerts, Sports Events And Other Activities

The Excelsior Pass aims to be a ticket back to a life that looks and feels a lot more normal.

"Major venues in the Empire State — including 20,000-seat Madison Square Garden in New York City and the 17,500-seat Times Union Center in Albany — are already planning to utilize this technology. Beginning April 2, Excelsior Pass will expand to smaller arts, entertainment and event venues. 

“The Times Union Center looks forward to using this platform and making this excellent technology available for future events,” said Bob Belber, GM of the Times Union Center. “This will be a game changer for our venue's continued reopening process and for New Yorkers in the Capital Region and beyond."

Read in Forbes: https://apple.news/A_jPL_BHiQGS4NDWn4YBD4g

3. As Cruising Prepares for a Comeback, More Lines Announce Vaccination Requirements

"The cruise industry is ready to resume sailing as early as this summer, and individual cruise lines are showing signs of confidence by announcing vaccination requirements for guests. In the last week alone, Celebrity Cruises, Royal Caribbean, and UnCruise Adventures announced vaccine mandates; they joined Crystal Cruises, Virgin Voyages, American Queen Steamboat Company, and Victory Cruise Lines in instituting them.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/as-cruising-prepares-for-a-comeback-more-lines-announce-vaccination-requirements

4. "A Vaccine Passport Is the New Golden Ticket as the World Reopens

Companies and countries that depend on travel or large gatherings are counting on a totally unproven concept."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-25/covid-vaccine-passports-2021-the-golden-ticket-for-international-travel

Call it what it is, an Internal Passport. All dictatorships have them. Armed roadblocks or checkpoints, and the phrase, "Your papers, please."

tourist said:
Call it what it is, an Internal Passport. All dictatorships have them. Armed roadblocks or checkpoints, and the phrase, "Your papers, please."

Oh gawd... Don't get the vaccine if you don't want it but please stop the whining when serious people that understand science won't let you do business with them.

indian-outlaw said:
tourist said:

Oh gawd... Don't get the vaccine if you don't want it but please stop the whining when serious people that understand science won't let you do business with them.

Boom! And there you have it!

indian-outlaw said:
Oh gawd...serious people that understand science...

That's a rare creature.
But, it's 'I won't do business with THEM!' If this creeps into sports and stadiums, I'm through with them, WHOMEVER them is. They want to alienate a certain percentage of their fan/booster/donor base, go for it!
Understand science... :roll:

tourist said:
indian-outlaw said:
Oh gawd...serious people that understand science...

That's a rare creature.
But, it's 'I won't do business with THEM!' If this creeps into sports and stadiums, I'm through with them, WHOMEVER them is. They want to alienate a certain percentage of their fan/booster/donor base, go for it!
Hopefully them wont have to deal with you

Requiring "vaccine " passports for a shot that is not even FDA approved would be totally unconstitutional. The covid shot is under an Emergency Use Authorization only at this point. No thank you on the "vaccine "until further testing for my family.

tourist said:

Not required to vote.

tourist said:

Chicken Little, you’ll still go wherever the hell you like and you know it. Quit your hand-wringing.

I'll use a lot of 'you's in the followimg. Nothing personal intended.
Nice analogy, but you, and many like you, are like a frog placed in a pan of comfortable water, the pan then placed on a slow fire. You won't even know you are being cooked alive.

indian-outlaw said:
tourist said:
They want to alienate a certain percentage of their fan/booster/donor base, go for it!
Hopefully we can get rid of the rif raf.

:lol:
You really think it would be a good idea to require upon entry paperwork of a vaccine for a virus that already has a 98 something percent survival rate?!

Woudn't it make more sense for those fearful of large events or fearful they may be near someone not vaccinated (despite being vaccinated themselves) to just avoid these large crowds? Man we live in a crazy world.

At MSU Costello said last week that getting a vaccine is a personal choice, but as long as it's available to anyone who wants to get it by then, we'll be going forward with this season completely normal, business as usual. Full capacity, and season ticket holders sitting in their own seats. Next to others sitting in their own seats. And those that are not comfortable with this setting, are more than welcome to not attend, or give up their season tickets. It's an amazing concept. Letting adults make their own decisions based on their own health and fear factors. :shock:

DuCharme said:
tourist said:

Chicken Little, you’ll still go wherever the hell you like and you know it. Quit your hand-wringing.

:lol: Ironic. Calling HIM chicken little, coming from the side that’s acting like a virus with a 99.6% survival rate is a fucking DEATH sentence if you so much as come near anyone who might have ever had it.

You really think it would be a good idea to require upon entry paperwork of a vaccine for a virus that already has a 98 something percent survival rate?!

Woudn't it make more sense for those fearful of large events or fearful they may be near someone not vaccinated (despite being vaccinated themselves) to just avoid these large crowds? Man we live in a crazy world.

At MSU Costello said last week that getting a vaccine is a personal choice, but as long as it's available to anyone who wants to get it by then, we'll be going forward with this season completely normal, business as usual. Full capacity, and season ticket holders sitting in their own seats. Next to others sitting in their own seats. And those that are not comfortable with this setting, are more than welcome to not attend, or give up their season tickets. It's an amazing concept. Letting adults make their own decisions based on their own health and fear factors. :shock:

:clap:

ilovethecats said:
indian-outlaw said:

I’d be shocked if that approach were implemented in Missoula. :| :|

AZGrizFan said:
DuCharme said:

:lol: Ironic. Calling HIM chicken little, coming from the side that’s acting like a virus with a 99.6% survival rate is a f###[#] DEATH sentence if you so much as come near anyone who might have ever had it.

Helluva bark. Not your tree. I will also still go wherever the hell I please, just as I have during all this crap. This virus hasn’t put fear in me, just annoyance.

Just a little note for all you "it is my choice whether I get vaccinated or not", it is also their choice on whether to allow you to attend or not. Honest question for all the people that continually say that they will not get vaccinated because they are not at high risk, is it that big of a deal to get vaccinated to lessen the risk for everyone? And for all the "personal choice" advocates, why would you choose not to?

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:

I’d be shocked if that approach were implemented in Missoula. :| :|

Well, sad as it is, I'm not real confident in our health department either and if we've learned anything, they are God these days. But from what I've heard, MSU is ready to fight them on whatever they need to come that time. But I'm with you, in the back of my mind I'll always be a bit fearful knowing who ultimately gets to make all the decisions. :roll:

ilovethecats said:
indian-outlaw said:

So, .500 ball it is.

Back