• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Inside the Den podcast with Hauck

HookedonGriz

DONOR
The latest podcast hints at a 3rd spring game in the works on top of the CWU and Portland St games....oh and coach likes what he is seeing in his Griz. A lot.

https://gogriz.com/sports/2019/8/28/inside-the-den-podcast.aspx

Funny how listening to Coach Hauck can get you MORE fired up for Griz Football! Possible 3rd game, stats count, he likes where the team is and where it will be come game time, Go Griz!

MikeyGriz said:
Funny how listening to Coach Hauck can get you MORE fired up for Griz Football! Possible 3rd game, stats count, he likes where the team is and where it will be come game time, Go Griz!

He’s a head coach, he better get you fired up. I just hope he does a better job of it in nov then he did last time, where he practically admitted taking to a lackadaisical approach.

Read between the lines. Bobby never speaks highly of his team to outsiders. The fact that he is acknowledging this publicly says a lot about this team's potential. Fans should be excited. I know they Bobby and coaches felt they had a national championship caliper team this last fall as well.

Hauck said he feels that he has a "pretty complete team" like they used to be when they played for Championships.

THAT is music to my maroon colored ears because that had been a long time ago.

Brother Bear said:
Would the possibly April 3 game be against either a Montana Tech or Western?

No. They have opted out of spring football.

https://godiggers.com/news/2021/2/16/oredigger-football-to-forgo-spring-frontier-schedule.aspx

I don't know why, but I really can not get excited about playing CWU or even PSU. I guess many fans are so starved for a Griz football game that they will be happy watching non competitive games but I really am not feeling it.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Hauck said he feels that he has a "pretty complete team" like they used to be when they played for Championships.

THAT is music to my maroon colored ears because that had been a long time ago.

Same here, I think if all can fall into place this is a pretty damn good team they've built up.

retiredpopo said:
I don't know why, but I really can not get excited about playing CWU or even PSU. I guess many fans are so starved for a Griz football game that they will be happy watching non competitive games but I really am not feeling it.

Well cancel the spring scrimmages that will let the young men get some live reps in the first time in over a year because popo is not "feeling it".

HelenaHandBasket said:
retiredpopo said:

Well cancel the spring scrimmages that will let the young men get some live reps in the first time in over a year because popo is not "feeling it".

Retiredpartypooper

retiredpopo said:

Why wouldn't you be excited to see a real Griz game after such a long layoff? Way better than a spring scrimmage. PSU is in the conference. Are you sure it won't be competitive? CWU has given the Griz a good game or two in the past.

A chance to see many new players, some young guys, and the veterans. I was hearing that the fall team could have been a championship contender, not just for the conference. I'd think every Griz fan would want to see the team in action.

Do what you want, but I'm going to support the team.

retiredpopo said:
You are in the minority. We usually get an intersquad scrimmage as the highlight of spring camp. We have rust to knock off since we have not played in a year and a half.

:?: i
Da Boyz Mom said:
Richard8 said:
Has a Spring schedule been released?

https://gogriz.com/sports/football/schedule/2020-21

There may be one more game on April 3 but it's yet to be announced.

I have read that, but when does the Team hit the field with spring training less scheduled scrimmages?

Richard8 said:
:?: i
Da Boyz Mom said:
https://gogriz.com/sports/football/schedule/2020-21

There may be one more game on April 3 but it's yet to be announced.

I have read that, but when does the Team hit the field with spring training less scheduled scrimmages?

Not necessarily. A scrimmage really just counts as a practice for the NCAA so by having games this Spring allows for more practices then typical spring ball so the coaching staff could still have some scrimmages especially for those younger kids if they wanted to.

Back