• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs Portland State 4/17

get'em_griz

DONOR
Griz are scheduled to play Portland State in Missoula on April 17.

https://gogriz.com/news/2021/3/2/football-montana-adds-spring-game-vs-portland-state.aspx?fbclid=IwAR2vOY-lrSMqJnRJADjK4D2mSfy1sSnul0DX0HwoMQ4SSF9SUpaThSuFQuM

I heard this was possible when the schools opted out of the Spring season but then it seemed to cool as UM looked for some other non-D1 possibilities. Seems those didn't pan out and this was revisited. Seemingly as Barney is BH's best buddy in the BSC, makes sense.

If they allow fans, I'll be like this:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOq85MuBTXg[/media]

If this is true it makes absolutely no sense why you would pay portland state to come to missoula when montana state is looking for a game also...
I thought they didn't want another fcs opponent for a glorified scrimmage game... And that's why they didn't want to play montana state... Makes absolutely no sense.

Cowboys84 said:
If this is true it makes absolutely no sense why you would pay portland state to come to missoula when montana state is looking for a game also...
I thought they didn't want another fcs opponent for a glorified scrimmage game... And that's why they didn't want to play montana state... Makes absolutely no sense.

Neither UM or MSU want to play each other. Not sure why that is so difficult to understand.

Also, I am not sure playing MSU instead of PSU is a huge $$$ difference.

Cowboys84 said:

Why would you take one of the best rivalries in all of college football and taint it with a meaningless spring scrimmage? And maybe no fans. These two programs were NEVER going to play each other this spring.

Cowboys84 said:

Maybe MSU didn't want to play in Missoula when they are playing there next fall? Add in MSU's history of backing out of tough games, and IDK, seems pretty simple to me.

CDAGRIZ said:
Cowboys84 said:

Maybe MSU didn't want to play in Missoula when they are playing there next fall? Add in MSU's history of backing out of tough games, and IDK, seems pretty simple to me.

Classless....

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Classless....

Agreed. Backing out of tough games IS classless... :cool: :cool:

Cowboys84 said:

Simple we don’t play PSU next Fall. There are other reasons too like MSU has a new coach and they want to keep their schemes on the DL until their first game. Also it is a really important game that would be tainted in making it an exhibition in Spring. This two game schedule is perfect. Should be a tough test as PSU has some good players and solid schemes. They have a good QB. I like the idea of this Spring schedule in order to get ready for Fall of 2021.

dayday said:
Cowboys84 said:

Simple we don’t play PSU next Fall. There are other reasons too like MSU has a new coach and they want to keep their schemes on the DL until their first game. Also it is a really important game that would be tainted in making it an exhibition in Spring. This two game schedule is perfect. Should be a tough test as PSU has some good players and solid schemes. They have a good QB. I like the idea of this Spring schedule in order to get ready for Fall of 2021.
Thanks for a real answer and not because they just didn't want to play each other....

Cowboys84 said:
dayday said:
Thanks for a real answer and not because they just didn't want to play each other....

Honest question cowboy, but why would you play a UM/MSU game that means nothing....zero? This is why they don't want to play, the games this spring are meaningless...a scrimmage.

Cowboys84 said:
dayday said:

But, isn't that the reason?

CDAGRIZ said:
Cowboys84 said:

But, isn't that the reason?

It was a mutual decision not to play each other in a meaningless Spring game. Yes, that is the reason.

grizindabox said:
Cowboys84 said:

Honest question cowboy, but why would you play a UM/MSU game that means nothing....zero? This is why they don't want to play, the games this spring are meaningless...a scrimmage.
I disagree to a point that these games are meaningless, and so must the u of m or else they wouldn't be doing it.

There are lots of positives that can come out of these games, if you treat them as real games and not a scrimmage.

Cowboys84 said:
grizindabox said:
I disagree to a point that these games are meaningless, and so must the u of m or else they wouldn't be doing it.

There are lots of positives that can come out of these games, if you treat them as real games and not a scrimmage.

They are treating them as games, and do have meaning to a point, which can all be accomplished without playing MSU in a game that is nothing more than a practice to prep for Fall.

I thought 84 got band? All he did was change his first name but kept the same number? That's not even trying. If a bouncer throws you out the front door and you sneak in the back, isn’t that trespassing? All he did was put on some Groucho Marx glasses.
Can we at least change his number to 86’d...?
Pathetically sad existence, and classless

garizzalies said:
I thought 84 got band? All he did was change his first name but kept the same number? That's not even trying. If a bouncer throws you out the front door and you sneak in the back, isn’t that trespassing? All he did was put on some Groucho Marx glasses.
Can we at least change his number to 86’d...?
Pathetically sad existence, and classless

Ah, I didn’t even make that connection. That Braves84 guy was honestly one of the dumbest people to ever post on eGriz. Like, so stupid that he didn’t know when he was getting clowned. I hope, for his own sake, that this new 84 dude is a different person.

Back