• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Games 2/27

get'em_griz

DONOR
1:00 PM - Southern Utah @ NAU, (Pluto 1058)
4:00 PM - EWU @ Idaho, (Pluto 1060)
4:00 PM - Weber St @ ISU, (Pluto 1061)

cclarkblues said:
Griz2k said:
Sucks that the Griz backed out.

Sad really...

A question I've thought about recently is will the teams playing this spring have a leg up on the Griz and cats because they've got several games under their belt or will they be banged up come fall?

Griz2k said:
cclarkblues said:
Sad really...

A question I've thought about recently is will the teams playing this spring have a leg up on the Griz and cats because they've got several games under their belt or will they be banged up come fall?

Well, injuries happen anyways and they'll have some time to heal up. I think it's going to give them all a leg up and we are going to struggle. Those teams will already know the adjustments they need to make. This spring probably saved NDSU from being terrible in the fall. I'm sure they'll have all their ducks in a row by then. Nothing good, other than keeping players safe, is coming from this. It was a very stupid decision.

get'em_griz said:
indian-outlaw said:
Are these games actually on Pluto? I'm getting reruns on my roku.

They’re airing in the 1000 channels.

Just keep scrolling past the children’s channels and the Korean language channels. Big Sky games start on channel 106854 right after the Uzbekistan State TV channel.

Griz Addict said:
indian-outlaw said:
Are these games actually on Pluto? I'm getting reruns on my roku.

Big Sky games on pluto and MVC on ESPN+

Yet one costs money to watch with blackout restrictions and the other is completely free for everyone and has no blackout restrictions.

No brainer to me.

Ursa Major said:
get'em_griz said:
They’re airing in the 1000 channels.

Just keep scrolling past the children’s channels and the Korean language channels. Big Sky games start on channel 106854 right after the Uzbekistan State TV channel.

I’m so happy that the rumors regarding Ursa were apparently false!

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Who is watching the NAU game? Big Sky officials...geezzuzzzz

Yep... I was with the commentator at first regarding that overturned backward pass, but sounds like there’s some wonky rule and the officials got it right? I’m still not sure, but if there is a rule for that, it should be revised. Complete bs. Felt bad for nau on that one.

RainierGriz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Who is watching the NAU game? Big Sky officials...geezzuzzzz

Yep... I was with the commentator at first regarding that overturned backward pass, but sounds like there’s some wonky rule and the officials got it right? I’m still not sure, but if there is a rule for that, it should be revised. Complete bs. Felt bad for nau on that one.

Suppose it all evened out...or not. But, they still...

AllWeatherFan said:
Ursa Major said:

I’m so happy that the rumors regarding Ursa were apparently false!

Good to see you on here my friend! Not sure about the rumors but I have spent the last year faking my own death to collect on a life insurance claim.

59474-B22-0660-4529-B20-D-4472-EA3-FB054.jpg

It turns out my no good brother-in-law Vladimir failed to mail my 2020 annual renewal so it was all for not.

Griz Addict said:
Griz2k said:

Well, injuries happen anyways and they'll have some time to heal up. I think it's going to give them all a leg up and we are going to struggle. Those teams will already know the adjustments they need to make. This spring probably saved NDSU from being terrible in the fall. I'm sure they'll have all their ducks in a row by then. Nothing good, other than keeping players safe, is coming from this. It was a very stupid decision.

My view too. Also, with every player getting an extra years, teams are going to have way more depth than usual. In fact, they will likely have too few playing spots for the talent. I understand that practicing outside for UM and MSU (altho MSU has its field house) would have been challenging, and perhaps dangerous, during Feb, March and April, plus playing the games too. Due to the winter or bad weather. My impression is that the coaches were on board with this, but I don't know for sure.

Back