• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Question regarding Fall Schedule

nzone

I’ve been away but noticed on Gogriz.com that the 2020-2021 schedule hasn’t been posted yet. I feel they normally have this out by now. I also realize that Covid plays a big role in about everything we are used to. Just curious is all. Maybe just maybe we get the cats in Missoula🙏
Go Griz!

Fall schedule is listed under 2021, not 2020-2021.

https://gogriz.com/sports/football/schedule/2021

I guess it could be subject to change, but I doubt it.

tourist said:
AT MSU is total bullshit!
I agree, but there's not a lot that can be done aside from moving the conference schedules forward 1 year, which could present problems with OOC games. For example, just this season we'd have to reschedule our Dixie State game on the 4th week because it clashes with our 2020 conference game against Cal Poly.

I'm sure Haslam and the AD are working hard on it, though. Three years with no home Brawl money for an already financially struggling UM is something everyone wants to avoid.

Couple of key strokes would suffice: AT WGS. Only two places involved. Griz get seven home games in 2021, scats five. Oh well. Seems that screwing over the Griz is O.K., but screwing the scats is not. As I said, TOTAL BULLSHIT!

Schedule actually sets up really nice for us. An all FCS schedule no long tough stretches. No EWU. Which I hate personally, but honestly it’s a 2 loss schedule, 3 losses would be disappointing for me with that schedule.

tourist said:
Couple of key strokes would suffice: AT WGS. Only two places involved. Griz get seven home games in 2021, scats five. Oh well. Seems that screwing over the Griz is O.K., but screwing the scats is not. As I said, TOTAL BULLSHIT!
I'm assuming you aren't really taking this seriously, but if you are, then what do you do about the game in 2022? Switch it back @MSU, and then we only get 5 home games? Or do you use the same arguments cat fans are making this year and keep the game in Missoula?

Unless you move the entire conference schedules, then someone is getting screwed at some point, and they're much more likely to just do nothing and leave everything alone than let that happen, and then we end up losing that home game.

The scat game IS the season. Your points are well taken, but, to simply bend over and take it is...

tourist said:
The scat game IS the season. Your points are well taken, but, to simply bend over and take it is...
Yeah, and we're honestly in a terrible position as being probably the only team in the conference that desperately wants to switch the venue of a game this year. If a few other Big Sky schools were in the same boat with their rivalry games (let's be honest, they aren't), then we could collectively pressure the league, and it might have a better chance of happening.

I hope they do something, but I don't have my hopes up. Even though our AD is probably making this priority #1 for this offseason, I think we may just get screwed on this one.

tourist said:

So now our fans have reverted to the scat fans 10 years ago where they would be happy with a 1-10 record as long as they beat the scats? No. Move on. The best medicine will be beating them in Bozeman this nov.

Honestly, the Cat/Griz game should be held at WaGriz every year unless and until the State College can put together an actual stadium. Their modular set of bleachers is absolutely awful. Even their fans hate it as they’re pawing at the air.

uofmman1122 said:
tourist said:
Yeah, and we're honestly in a terrible position as being probably the only team in the conference that desperately wants to switch the venue of a game this year. If a few other Big Sky schools were in the same boat with their rivalry games (let's be honest, they aren't), then we could collectively pressure the league, and it might have a better chance of happening.

I hope they do something, but I don't have my hopes up. Even though our AD is probably making this priority #1 for this offseason, I think we may just get screwed on this one.
Actually I think Eastern would get behind that too cause their conference schedule last year included home games against UM, msu, Weber and Idaho. I know their fans were super excited to have all those top tier teams at home, so I think they’d probably be on our side. And as I’ve already mentioned, completely throw out the 22 and 23 schedules. They have to remake them cause SUU is leaving for the WAC, that’s why pushing the 20 schedule to next year works out so well! Well see. I could see them going either way on this one.

I don’t think it happens as these games are scheduled way out in advance and if you starting moving around then affects a bunch of other teams. It gets complicated.

However, it seems fair economically they would do the ‘20 schedule. It would show how much power Montana has in this conference. They should have more pull then they actually do

tourist said:

This is so funny.

I think we can agree that MANY people have been screwed over pretty bad this last year. I can't see any scenario where a football team not being able to host their rival is very high on any totem pole. Big deal. You lost a lot of home games. There was no chance the conference was ever going to change the 2021 schedule because griz fans didn't get to host me and my Cat brethren.

I've been told for 30+ years that Cat-griz is our Superbowl; but for the griz it's "just another game". So you lost out on just another game. We'll meet in Bozeman in November and you'll get another crack at us in 2022.

Based on the overabundance of caution being taken in sports, I'm not so sure you want this game this November anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if there are still ridiculous restrictions on fan capacity and distancing and masks anyway. At least you guys have a better shot of a "normal" game in Missoula in '22. :thumb:

Griz til I die said:
uofmman1122 said:

Actually I think Eastern would get behind that too cause their conference schedule last year included home games against UM, msu, Weber and Idaho. I know their fans were super excited to have all those top tier teams at home, so I think they’d probably be on our side. And as I’ve already mentioned, completely throw out the 22 and 23 schedules. They have to remake them cause SUU is leaving for the WAC, that’s why pushing the 20 schedule to next year works out so well! Well see. I could see them going either way on this one.

Guaranteed Eastern would be on Montana’s side in this one....We went from having a great 2020 schedule taken away, to a crap 2021 schedule… The Griz haven’t been to Cheney since 2016. I’m sure both teams would love to schedule each other in 2021.

ilovethecats said:
tourist said:

This is so funny.

I think we can agree that MANY people have been screwed over pretty bad this last year. I can't see any scenario where a football team not being able to host their rival is very high on any totem pole. Big deal. You lost a lot of home games. There was no chance the conference was ever going to change the 2021 schedule because griz fans didn't get to host me and my Cat brethren.

I've been told for 30+ years that Cat-griz is our Superbowl; but for the griz it's "just another game". So you lost out on just another game. We'll meet in Bozeman in November and you'll get another crack at us in 2022.

Based on the overabundance of caution being taken in sports, I'm not so sure you want this game this November anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if there are still ridiculous restrictions on fan capacity and distancing and masks anyway. At least you guys have a better shot of a "normal" game in Missoula in '22. :thumb:

Agreed. There may still be significant restrictions for the game this year (although that is a long ways off so things will hopefully change for the better) so I'm not sad it will be played in bozeman. I'd rather wait for a capacity crowd at WGS in '22 than a modified crowd in '21.

ilovethecats said:
tourist said:

This is so funny.

That's a great point.

The Big Sigh Conference caused the problem by canceling the season. They need to fix what damage they did, not sweep 2020 under the rug and 'just move on to 2021.' The BSC is mismanaged joke. Yet another reason to end UMs association with these clowns. :silly:

Keep it in Bozeman. Just allot half of the tickets, whatever capacity may be at the time to UM.

That would be the neighborly thing for their athletic department to do. Furthermore, FTC.

Back