• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

RIP Mr. Jim Cole

maroonandsilver

DONOR
If you are old enough, you will remember Jim Cole singing the National Anthem at Grizzly football and basketball games. If you are even older and went to Missoula public schools, you have stories about Mr. Cole in Choir practice.

Mr. Cole died at 93 on Saturday.

DREADED class with that man. Lol. Back when teachers actually taught and you didn’t mess around in class.

Big loss for the Missoula community.

I had the honor of being in his classes back in the 50's at Paxson Grade School both my 7th and 8th grade years.. Was a fabulous teacher, an unbelivable talent, both singing and art wise. IMHO, an even better person. For those of us that followed the old rules, and paid attention, we learned a lot. He was soley responsible for my first real appreciation of music, and his BOOMING voice. He will be sorely missed. Rest in peace, and music, Mr. Cole.

One of my favorite things about going to the mall in the 80s was talking with Jim Cole as he worked on his burnt leather pieces at the entrance to the western store. Such great wildlife and western work and it smelled so good. He was always so nice and giving of his time and would often give us little pieces for free that he would do quickly while we talked.

RIP Mr. Cole

I had the misfortune of having Jim Cole kick me half way across the gym at Jefferson Grade School. I never misbehaved in his class again.

firmgriz said:
One of my favorite things about going to the mall in the 80s was talking with Jim Cole as he worked on his burnt leather pieces at the entrance to the western store. Such great wildlife and western work and it smelled so good. He was always so nice and giving of his time and would often give us little pieces for free that he would do quickly while we talked.

RIP Mr. Cole

I am proud owner of a couple of those pieces. i have treasured them for years. Now even more so. :thumb: :thumb:

Back