• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

America's Game - Army Navy

SoldierGriz

DONOR
2 weeks out. I will bump this as we get closer.

But, wanted to provide some behind the curtain info.

Uniform reveal is coming. Both academies spend a year researching the uniform for the game...history department, cadet projects, and industry input. It's a big ordeal. Hope you will tune in to the uniform reveal and then watch America's best play the game we all love.

Yukon said:
Go Army beat Navy!!

https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/1333252308235395074?s=20

Love em!

Plan is to put 4000 West Point Cadets and 4000 Midshipmen in Michie (pronounced Mikey) stadium on the West Point Campus. First time played there since 1943. Looking forward to it.

Nice one sask! :clap:

I’m also fond of the oft used description of the squids as the “Ladies department of the Marines!”

Harm said:

I’m also fond of the oft used description of the squids as the “Ladies department of the Marines!”

If you want a special op fucked up, you call Army’s Delta Force.
If you want a special op done right, you call the Navy SEALs.

Case closed.

Harm said:

My Navy father called Marines "Seagoing Bellhops"

It's officially Beat Navy week.

The game will be broadcast on CBS at 1:00 Mountain.

College Game Day will broadcast live from West Point to start your day. It will be worth your time as I am sure they will showcase the beauty of West Point. It is breathtaking in many ways.

Army is an early 5.5 point favorite.

Mostly, I hope you will tune in to watch some of America's finest young men play.

The Seniors playing on Saturday will graduate in May, and join the best Army, Navy, and Marine Corps in the history of mankind. We are the most lethal fighting force ever assembled.

The lethality is largely born of the character and commitment of the young men playing this Saturday and those like them.

They make me proud, and I hope they do you as well.

GO ARMY. BEAT NAVY. SING SECOND.

AZGrizFan said:
Go NAVY, beat the Grunts.
Don't call them grunts, that is reserved for the 0311 USMC infantryman. The doggies will always be the little sister to the real troopers. Go Navy!!!

AZGrizFan said:
Go NAVY, beat the Grunts.
Don't call them grunts, that is reserved for the 0311 USMC infantryman. The doggies will always be the little sister to the real troopers. Go Navy!!!

Harm said:

Former marine grunt here. Whenever I hear someone hitch their trousers, puff out their chest and say the Marines are in the Department of the Navy, I always like to remind them, "Yeah, the men's department."

Kirk Herbstreit to cover the game. Apparently his schedule was really tight, so the army sent a helicopter to transport him to the venue ... pretty cool getting part of the broadcast from inside the chopper.

IdaGriz01 said:
Kirk Herbstreit to cover the game. Apparently his schedule was really tight, so the army sent a helicopter to transport him to the venue ... pretty cool getting part of the broadcast from inside the chopper.

That was great! West Point is so friggin beautiful. Wow.

Back