• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mick Holien

RABIDAWG

eGriz Club
I got word that he passed away this morning. The last years were not so kind for him, but he soldiered on.

Sad as it comes. Giant of a Griz broadcaster and stellar man to boot. RIP .."Down the picker barrel"!

3rd and Evaro hill , Touchdown Montana!!!!!!!!!!!! loved his commentary on games , you got excited with him calling the play by play !

Great Man. Great friend to all. Thanks for all you did for Griz nation. RIP Mick.

b7949192-ecfe-11de-9e4a-001cc4c002e0.image.jpg

Anyone have audio to share of some of his calls? Loved listening to him on radio when couldn't be there or watch.

Glendivegriz said:
Anyone have audio to share of some of his calls? Loved listening to him on radio when couldn't be there or watch.

The Griz Game Day replays (re)broadcast by UM this fall included at least 2 games called by Mick (maybe more - I didn't listen to them all.)

I listen on the spotify app (search for Inside the Den with Riley Corcoran). The ones I know for sure that were called by Mick were dated 9/19/20 and 11/14/20.

You can probably find it on other podcast platforms as well. Hope this helps.

This is such sad news. Mick was a legend and an absolute pleasure to listen to. RIP Voice of the Griz you will live on forever in the memories of Griz Nation. šŸ˜¢ GO GRIZ!!!!

Back