• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Toure entering transfer portal

I wish him the best. Without COVID, this doesn’t happen. He’s going to transfer to a P5 to up his draft stock and you can’t really fault him. I hope it works out for him. I just hope this doesn’t become a trend with other seniors on our team. Akem we need you for ‘21!

Dang, tough to see. Such an awesome receiver for our Griz. Will be missed from a fan perspective. Happy for him to chase his NFL dream by proving himself in Pac12 or wherever he lands.

Today’s a bad day :cry: I hope that this is one of those situations where he just wants to see what offers he can get, and then may possibly withdraw his name and come back. If he gets a P5 offer though he’s gone.

Tough. Wish him the best, doubt hes the last to do so. We all might be looking at a very depleted and young team in 2021

I think I'm going to throw up.

Well, not really. That is an exaggeration. I understand there may be an opportunity for him elsewhere, and it's his decision. He was a hell of a Griz, and I wish him the best of luck moving forward. But DANG it sucks losing the best WR going into this year!

The transfer portal is one of the hardest things for the FCS. On one hand it makes sense-coaches leave and don't have to sit out a year. One could reasonably argue players should be afforded the same luxury. On the other hand, you can really see how FCS coaches feel like they are just putting together talent for the FBS to pick from.

Tough situation unless you start making coaches sit out a year if they leave while under contract.

AZGrizFan said:
Flowers, White and Roberts just moved up a notch in my book.

Prediction: White and Flowers tear it up. Really hurts losing Toure, thank goodness we are loaded at WR. Oh, and we still have a DUDE in Akem.

Older than most of you (75) I grew up naively thinking that guys on my favorite baseball teams (Red Sox and Giants) stayed on their teams because they loved them. Team rosters stayed mostly the same year after year. That was before the reserve clause and my bubble was popped. Then we all found out that it is now all about money.
I think we are now finding a similar scenario in college athletics. Those of us who want to believe that college athletes bleed their school colors are finding that is not the case, kids want to play, want to improve their pro prospects. Team no longer is as important as self.

He wont be the last either. This is on the Big Sky believing that theyre going to have some bullshit Spring Season.

Anyone with the dreams of playing in the NFL that is in the last 2 seasons, this is the obvious choice.

They force the kids hands, play a BS short season in the spring in Montana, where a majority of the games will be snow packed and shit conditions....or basically use this time to get bigger and stronger, then go have a real and final season next year at the highest level.

I would do the same thing, risk in injury in March on frozen fields, then potentially miss your fall season, or play it safe and move on.

This shit is ON THE BIG SKY.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
He wont be the last either. This is on the Big Sky believing that theyre going to have some bullshit Spring Season.

Anyone with the dreams of playing in the NFL that is in the last 2 seasons, this is the obvious choice.

They force the kids hands, play a BS short season in the spring in Montana, where a majority of the games will be snow packed and shit conditions....or basically use this time to get bigger and stronger, then go have a real and final season next year at the highest level.

I would do the same thing, risk in injury in March on frozen fields, then potentially miss your fall season, or play it safe and move on.

This shit is ON THE BIG SKY.

No, I say this is all on him and Stitt. BSC decisions are irrelevant at this point.

We got what we fucking deserved. Spring season is horseshit. Reaction to the virus is horseshit. We can see numerous conferences playing and doing fine with it. Pissed all that fucking money down the drain and people want to act like they’re fucking surprised this is happening now.

MTGRZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
Flowers, White and Roberts just moved up a notch in my book.

Prediction: White and Flowers tear it up. Really hurts losing Toure, thank goodness we are loaded at WR. Oh, and we still have a DUDE in Akem.

Also get Sulser back. Loads of talent at WR. Will really miss ST though.

Did anybody notice in the box score from the press release of the fall scrimmage the neither Toure or Akem had no stats on it? I didn't think much of this at the time. I thought maybe Bobby was holding them out as a precaution and giving most of the reps to the younger guys. What are the odds that Akem is leaving too? I pray to god not, and I hope that this is just speculation on my part, but idk, it seemed kind of odd to me.

https://gogriz.com/news/2020/11/6/football-defense-strong-as-griz-wrap-fall-camp-with-maroon-and-white-scrimmage.aspx

Latest posts

Back