• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

griz going pro?

argh!

DONOR
i just saw that trumaine johnson was cut from the panthers practice squad a couple weeks ago, less than a week after they signed him. that makes me wonder, will any griz skip next year and go pro? akem is the guy i think who will be the most likely to make a roster, partly because tall, fast receivers who can catch the ball consistently are hard to find, and i don't think he needs another year to improve. toure (sp?) is a great player, but i think nfl corners could probably cover him (i might be wrong). are there any others who could make it? we all thought dante olson was a shoe-in to make a roster, but that obviously didn't work out...

Dante re-signed with the Eagles and will hopefully get a shot. The two with the highest draft potential for the Griz right now are Toure and Jace Lewis. They are getting the mist buzz from scouting circles. I agree that Akem has a shot, too, but could use a season to put up big numbers again.

HookedonGriz said:
Dante re-signed with the Eagles and will hopefully get a shot. The two with the highest draft potential for the Griz right now are Toure and Jace Lewis. They are getting the mist buzz from scouting circles. I agree that Akem has a shot, too, but could use a season to put up big numbers again.

Perhaps, but Akem is the better receiver and better NFL prospect, in my view.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

Perhaps, but Akem is the better receiver and better NFL prospect, in my view.

He’s my absolute favorite so I sure hope so. I think getting injured didn’t let him put an exclamation point on what he was doing. Why I said I think he needs one healthy seaon here as he would more than likely put a stamp on it with 1000+ and 10 or more TDs

Justin Calhoun on “The Spring League” Conquerors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXRMNsqjaUU

https://twitter.com/fballgameplan/status/1318656905066270720?s=21

Back