• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

County Health Dept After the Mo Club

PlayerRep

"8 Missoula senior facilities hit by COVID-19; 2 county bars cited"

"Two businesses in Missoula County have been served with a Health Officer’s order for mandatory use of face coverings. The orders come after the Missoula City-County Health Department received multiple complaints from each business about customers and employees not wearing masks or not socially distancing.

Meanwhile, Missoula County is seeing a decrease in the proportion of active cases in the 20-29 age group but increases in the 70-79 and 80-and-over age group.

The Alcan Bar in Frenchtown and the Missoula Club, known locally as the Mo Club, were both issued the orders last week.

What we’re seeing now is the proportion of active cases that are attributable to the 20-29 age group is down to 30% from 50% and on each side of that age group, from 10-19 and from 30-39, are at 15% and 16%.”

Leahy said there’s also a “large number” of cases in people over the age of 80.

“We are seeing spread in long-term care facilities, senior living and assisted living facilities and those types of places,” Leahy said."

[Does anyone else think it's odd that the new cases are moving from the 20-29 age group to the 70-79 and 80 and over age group, and 8 senior facilities in Missoula have covid, but county health department is going after the Mo Club?]

https://missoulian.com/news/local/8-missoula-senior-facilities-hit-by-covid-19-2-county-bars-cited/article_067a709f-8d56-5400-8a0b-489ab3f38cde.html

Not odd at all. The Mo Club is a commercial business subject to the Governor's orders. As an open business reliant on customers, they are inviting folks into their establishments...and they are paying the price with possible infections. Senior living centers, on the other hand, are not encouraging coming and going traffic like a commercial business. Their clients are essentially captives and exposed for 24 hours in an enclosed facility resulting in higher infection rates than the 20-29 year old group.

PlayerRep said:

"Two businesses in Missoula County have been served with a Health Officer’s order for mandatory use of face coverings. The orders come after the Missoula City-County Health Department received multiple complaints from each business about customers and employees not wearing masks or not socially distancing.

Meanwhile, Missoula County is seeing a decrease in the proportion of active cases in the 20-29 age group but increases in the 70-79 and 80-and-over age group.

The Alcan Bar in Frenchtown and the Missoula Club, known locally as the Mo Club, were both issued the orders last week.

What we’re seeing now is the proportion of active cases that are attributable to the 20-29 age group is down to 30% from 50% and on each side of that age group, from 10-19 and from 30-39, are at 15% and 16%.”

“We are seeing spread in long-term care facilities, senior living and assisted living facilities and those types of places,” Leahy said."

[Does anyone else think it's odd that the new cases are moving from the 20-29 age group to the 70-79 and 80 and over age group, and 8 senior facilities in Missoula have covid, but county health department is going after the Mo Club?]

https://missoulian.com/news/local/8-missoula-senior-facilities-hit-by-covid-19-2-county-bars-cited/article_067a709f-8d56-5400-8a0b-489ab3f38cde.html

while more specific targeting of virus policies is needed, you are conveniently ignoring the fact that montana's rate of infection is going up, up, up, something which you ignore in order to continually pursue your minimizing of the whole issue in order to defend your boy donny. you don't seem to do anything anymore but cry vicarious victimhood when discussing the subject. you didn't do that much many months ago, in a different thread, but seem to have devolved into such behavior as time has dragged on, and, powered by the anti-mask selfish idiocy, gotten worse, not better. the u.s. needs to either enforce mask and other rules, or just give up and let the virus do whatever damage it is going to do. gawd forbid a mutation that makes it worse, though, something more likely given the current approach.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

while more specific targeting of virus policies is needed, you are conveniently ignoring the fact that montana's rate of infection is going up, up, up, something which you ignore in order to continually pursue your minimizing of the whole issue in order to defend your boy donny. you don't seem to do anything anymore but cry vicarious victimhood when discussing the subject. you didn't do that much many months ago, in a different thread, but seem to have devolved into such behavior as time has dragged on, and, powered by the anti-mask selfish idiocy, gotten worse, not better. the u.s. needs to either enforce mask and other rules, or just give up and let the virus do whatever damage it is going to do. gawd forbid a mutation that makes it worse, though, something more likely given the current approach.

Well played. The law and order mantra from ‘dear’ leader must not apply to public health/welfare.

"[Does anyone else think it's odd that the new cases are moving from the 20-29 age group to the 70-79 and 80 and over age group, and 8 senior facilities in Missoula have covid, but county health department is going after the Mo Club?]"

Yes, I think its very weird. At which point while you are in the Mo-club would you actually wear a mask? People or either eating or drinking and at neither time is a mask required. I guess you would need to wear one as you walked past the bouncer and until you got your beer, but not at other times.

ranco said:
"[Does anyone else think it's odd that the new cases are moving from the 20-29 age group to the 70-79 and 80 and over age group, and 8 senior facilities in Missoula have covid, but county health department is going after the Mo Club?]"

Yes, I think its very weird. At which point while you are in the Mo-club would you actually wear a mask? People or either eating or drinking and at neither time is a mask required. I guess you would need to wear one as you walked past the bouncer and until you got your beer, but not at other times.

Hope that pig opens back up soon. I’ll be in town on the 23rd. :cool: :cool:

"Missoula Club, Alcan Bar shut down"

"On Oct. 10, Environmental Health staff members visited the Mo Club twice from 9:45 p.m. to 10:15 p.m. They observed a bartender not wearing a face mask on either visit, customers crowding around the bar area to order, customers standing and mingling, and a group of 10 customers entering with no masks."

"County health department staff have spoken with employees and owners at both establishments regarding the timely need for corrections of violations. On Sept. 11, Mo Club co-owner Beau Anderson submitted a plan outlining steps that ownership had taken to ensure the establishment would immediately comply. But the health department continued to receive complaints about the bar from citizens."

[I note that there is no mention that any covid cases have come from the Mo Club or its employees. Good job, health department. Go after a place with no covid cases, and let the elders die in the elder centers. Also, this will force patrons to crowd into other open bars in the area (like Reds and Stocks), increasing the risk of transmission due to less spacing. I don't have confidence in the county health department. They seem to do things based on instinct, not on facts. One more thing. They don't seem to realize that covid isn't spread in food, because it goes to the stomach and not the lungs. The risk of a single bartender cooking burgers without a mask, is virtually zip. Serving them is different.]

https://missoulian.com/news/local/missoula-club-alcan-bar-shut-down/article_ca7a877f-2180-54f4-8a1f-176e3093ada2.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

PlayerRep said:
I don't have confidence in the county health department. They seem to do things based on instinct, not on facts.
That business with calling the school because the football kid’s tweet and now this?!?
You do not fuck with the Mo Club. JFC what is this world coming to?

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

Given that the expected result of increased testing is increased positives in all age groups, I would be more concerned with an increase in the percentage of positive results. Any info on that?

horribilisfan8184 said:
argh! said:

Given that the expected result of increased testing is increased positives in all age groups, I would be more concerned with an increase in the percentage of positive results. Any info on that?

this site says it is 14%, which is really high, and according to the site, indicates insufficient testing. for comparison, where i live the percent positive rate is about 3%
https://covidactnow.org/us/montana-mt?s=1137258

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

I don't minimize anything regarding the covid. I know 10 times as much about it as you do.

Targeting the Mo Club, where, to my knowledge, there have been no cases, is not necessary or a good use of the health department's time. Why don't they put more effort into helping the elder care homes and helping with places where the spread is occurring.

I already voted for Biden. I don't defend Trump. I am not anti-mask. I once suggested that perhaps the US, in at least some places, would have been better to require masks than to shut down certain businesses.

You really need to learn how to read. The covid must have affected your brain.

Some of the problems relate to Bullock/Cooney spending more time and effort on campaigning than on reining in the covid, in my view. Also, due to the campaign, Bullock is hesitant, if not frozen, and afraid to take action. I think he's putting his campaign above what is good for Montana. Where's the leadership at the top in MT? MT was dealt a good hand. It did well or very well for months. It was clear nationally that elder care homes, prisons, reservations, etc. were vulnerable. Why did MT let breakouts occur later in the game in those places?

While, of course, I don't this was a cause, note that the covid got away from us in MT after the mask requirement was put in place.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

I don't minimize anything regarding the covid. I know 10 times as much about it as you do.

Targeting the Mo Club, where, to my knowledge, there have been no cases, is not necessary or a good use of the health department's time. Why don't they put more effort into helping the elder care homes and helping with places where the spread is occurring.

I already voted for Biden. I don't defend Trump. I am not anti-mask. I once suggested that perhaps the US, in at least some places, would have been better to require masks than to shut down certain businesses.

So responding to complaints is targeting?

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

first, you don't know '10 times' as much as i do about covid. i'd ask you a question about something like the glycoprotein spikes on the outer membrane, rna and how it is involved in getting the virus into a cell by binding exopeptidases, etc, but you'd just look it up, then copy and paste, whereas i actually have some understanding of it. i'd go on about how your posts typically echo trump's talking points, etc, and how you no longer post information about virus infection rates, but instead complain about regulations, but i've got to go to the pool and get a couple miles in. have a nice day.

argh! said:
first, you don't know '10 times' as much as i do about covid. i'd ask you a question about something like the glycoprotein spikes on the outer membrane, rna and how it is involved in getting the virus into a cell by binding exopeptidases, etc, but you'd just look it up, then copy and paste, whereas i actually have some understanding of it. i'd go on about how your posts typically echo trump's talking points, etc, and how you no longer post information about virus infection rates, but instead complain about regulations, but i've got to go to the pool and get a couple miles in. have a nice day.

I thought for sure that you were going to "drop-off the kids."

Did I read that right, that is was customers that called the health department and complained? I'm not saying the business doesn't have any share of the blame. I just can't wrap my mind around people going out and about, but then complaining if they deem something is dangerous. You know a great way to not be scared of people not wearing masks in a bar? Don't go to that bar.

This is such a joke. And it's not just bars. There are a lot of small businesses being unfairly targeted because scared people want their cake and eat it too. I hope the Mo Club and countless others triple their business when we're on the other side of this thing and people stop using fear to tell others how they should act and feel. :roll:

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

I sure do know way more than you, about the outbreaks, spreads, measures to handle and impact (yes, I haven't yet had time to invent a vaccine). 50/75 article per day, 7 days a week, since March, and consulting with some knowledgeable people. First hand knowledge too, with one son, daughter-in-law, one sister-in-law, one brother-in-law, one niece, one 97 year old aunt (doing fine, so far), and one non-blood related uncle cousin's wife (who died), who have or have had the covid.

What regulation have I complained about in recent times/months, other than the Mo Club?

And, I know you don't know how to read very well, so I know you couldn't possibly know much about the covid.

ilovethecats said:
Did I read that right, that is was customers that called the health department and complained? I'm not saying the business doesn't have any share of the blame. I just can't wrap my mind around people going out and about, but then complaining if they deem something is dangerous. You know a great way to not be scared of people not wearing masks in a bar? Don't go to that bar.

This is such a joke. And it's not just bars. There are a lot of small businesses being unfairly targeted because scared people want their cake and eat it too. I hope the Mo Club and countless others triple their business when we're on the other side of this thing and people stop using fear to tell others how they should act and feel. :roll:

Stop acting like someone I'd like to hang out with at the Mo Club over a couple of beers. Before you know it I'll find myself in the Cats Paw having a good time in full Griz gear.

horribilisfan8184 said:
ilovethecats said:

Stop acting like someone I'd like to hang out with at the Mo Club over a couple of beers. Before you know it I'll find myself in the Cats Paw having a good time in full Griz gear.

I'd buy you beers at both places! I'm always at both depending where the brawl is. Unless there was a huge riot in either place or a plague or anything else I deemed way too dangerous. If that was the case I'd just go somewhere else where I felt safer. Or even, "gasp", just stay home where I always feel SUPER safe! :thumb:

ilovethecats said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

I'd buy you beers at both places! I'm always at both depending where the brawl is. Unless there was a huge riot in either place or a plague or anything else I deemed way too dangerous. If that was the case I'd just go somewhere else where I felt safer. Or even, "gasp", just stay home where I always feel SUPER safe! :thumb:

Wait... The Cats Paw is still a thing? I stopped going when they turned 75% of it into Keno machines... Last time I was in the Mo Club was with My wife (then girlfriend). Wore all by Bobcat gear, and not one person said a WORD to me about it (could have been because I was with Thatcher Szalay and the starting RB for the griz those years, can't remember his name for some reason)

Back