• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gwen Florio resigns

justanotherfan

Florio, 65, told Missoulian staffers in an email that she had planned on announcing her retirement this Wednesday, but “events have forced a quicker departure.”

Let’s hope we’ve seen the last of her. She left once before to write the great American novel which wasn’t. Not even close. Anyway no loss.

1) Win for the Missoulian
2) Win for the University of Montana
3) Win for the community
Just a little late but still count it as a win for future progress....

Florio has done more damage to Missoula and UM in the last 25 years than any person or organization. Glad she's moving on. What a baby. And, in my view, she was often dishonest.

PlayerRep said:
Florio has done more damage to Missoula and UM in the last 25 years than any person or organization. Glad she's moving on. What a baby. And, in my view, she was often dishonest.

In my experience, most of today's democrats are moral relativists. The generation of "if it feels good do it" and "love the one you're with" believe that their causes, though immoral in religious terms, are actually enlightened and just and therefore lying to promote them is justified to achieve the ends. They see themselves as superior intellects who have an obligation to society to tell those who are inferior how to live their lives. You can therefore do an NBC explosion expose that is faked and Dan Rather can fabricate about a candidate in another party and its ok, even when they get caught because their motives were good. And pursuit of self gratification is always more important than any collateral damage to those you love. They espouse intellectual freedom but in fact are intolerant and angry most of the time, and all the time when they don't get their way. I used to think it was useful and big of me to have friends who were liberal but found l really can't stand their negativity and condescension. Life's too short to be around people who don't enjoy life (in America, of all places.) If you don't believe me just look at Gwen's pictures and the reason she resigned early in the Missoulian follow up piece. That's one unhappy woman.

https://missoulian.com/news/local/endorsement-hastened-missoulian-editors-resignation/article_13b00f93-ac44-5bce-bf97-14c410759d9d.html

horribilisfan8184 said:
PlayerRep said:

In my experience, most of today's democrats are moral relativists. The generation of "if it feels good do it" and "love the one you're with" believe that their causes, though immoral in religious terms, are actually enlightened and just and therefore lying to promote them is justified to achieve the ends. They see themselves as superior intellects who have an obligation to society to tell those who are inferior how to live their lives. You can therefore do an NBC explosion expose that is faked and Dan Rather can fabricate about a candidate in another party and its ok, even when they get caught because their motives were good. And pursuit of self gratification is always more important than any collateral damage to those you love. They espouse intellectual freedom but in fact are intolerant and angry most of the time, and all the time when they don't get their way. I used to think it was useful and big of me to have friends who were liberal but found l really can't stand their negativity and condescension. Life's too short to be around people who don't enjoy life (in America, of all places.) If you don't believe me just look at Gwen's pictures and the reason she resigned early in the Missoulian follow up piece. That's one unhappy woman.

https://missoulian.com/news/local/endorsement-hastened-missoulian-editors-resignation/article_13b00f93-ac44-5bce-bf97-14c410759d9d.html

yeah, and in my view most republicans are closet racists who love trump speaking for them vicariously, and who want to jail anyone who opposes trump, especially democrats. actually, that isn't my view, but rather is the mirror image of the crap you just wrote.

horribilisfan8184 said:
PlayerRep said:

Being overly politicized in any direction brings unhappiness.

argh! said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

yeah, and in my view most republicans are closet racists who love trump speaking for them vicariously, and who want to jail anyone who opposes trump, especially democrats. actually, that isn't my view, but rather is the mirror image of the crap you just wrote.

That's why I'm an independent.

first11 said:
signedbewildered said:
Because her boss didn't endorse her candidate?

Apparently mizzoooolian recently retracted the endorsement that sent Florio packing.

Haven't subscribed in years but it seems odd to me the local rag would endorse a candidate that wasn't a progressive and I'd assume Florio rolls that way. Who were the pols?

argh! said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

And I forgot to add they have no sense of humor. Or logic as republican is not the opposite of democrat. But thanks for playing, Gwen.

horribilisfan8184 said:
PlayerRep said:

Very well stated and describes my own experience perfectly. And this includes my kids, career educators in MA and CO, staunchly left.

kemajic said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Very well stated and describes my own experience perfectly. And this includes my kids, career educators in MA and CO, staunchly left.

Same.

justanotherfan said:
Florio, 65, told Missoulian staffers in an email that she had planned on announcing her retirement this Wednesday, but “events have forced a quicker departure.”

Was she getting fired, and had an end date, and then had to act like a baby and leave earlier, making it look like it was her idea?

horribilisfan8184 said:
PlayerRep said:

Help is on the way .....oh sorry, you don't want help. Good luck.

If it's any consolation I think she is a d*ck also but not for your reasons.

Latest posts

Back