• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What’s the deal with no practice

dayday

DONOR
MSU practicing but Missoula County won’t allow the Griz to start the practice. Hauck talked about it on the coaches. Anybody know the specifics of it?

Well they should have their results by now and the ones that are positive can quarantine and stay home and the ones that are not should be able to practice.

Just doesn’t make any sense.

It looks like the health dept is requiring 14-day quarantine even after negative tests.

"Hi, Kale, the continuing presence of COVID is frustrating for our community, and it's especially frustrating for those who have to quarantine even when they test negative. For close contacts to a positive case, a negative test on a particular day merely indicates you do not
"Hi, Kale, the continuing presence of COVID is frustrating for our community, and it's especially frustrating for those who have to quarantine even when they test negative. For close contacts to a positive case, a negative test on a particular day merely indicates you do not have COVID on that day. Since this specific virus has an incubation period of 14 days, close contacts must remain in quarantine for the full 14 days because they could develop symptoms at any time during those 14 days. People can also be contagious for two days before they show symptoms. We know this is hard, but the more we can do now to isolate the virus and stop the spread, the sooner we can get back to normal life. Thank you."

Griz has everyone back. They are conditioning and doing light work outs this week. Then in theory start practicing on Monday. This is according to Hauck on the coaches show.

IdaGriz01 said:
dayday said:
Griz has everyone back. They are conditioning and doing light work outs this week. Then in theory start practicing on Monday. This is according to Hauck on the coaches show.
Here's another approach: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...tice-county-due-local-coronavirus-regulations

Of course, SJSU needs all the practice it can get ... just to be mediocre ;) .

I suppose it wouldn’t be that hard for the Griz to drive to Arlee, Alberton or in the bitterroot to get out of the county to practice, it’d be a 30 minute drive although some logistical things would be in play. I don’t think that is necessary at this point but should be considered if this is going to be a regular occurrence by the county. I’m all for safety of everyone during this pandemic but if Bozeman is allowing it and the players are testing negative then they should be allowed.

dayday said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Here's another approach: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...tice-county-due-local-coronavirus-regulations

Of course, SJSU needs all the practice it can get ... just to be mediocre ;) .

I suppose it wouldn’t be that hard for the Griz to drive to Arlee, Alberton or in the bitterroot to get out of the county to practice, it’d be a 30 minute drive although some logistical things would be in play. I don’t think that is necessary at this point but should be considered if this is going to be a regular occurrence by the county. I’m all for safety of everyone during this pandemic but if Bozeman is allowing it and the players are testing negative then they should be allowed.

Practice is just to keep the guys that might return next year in shape anyways. The athletic dept. already determined that unless they are allowed to have more than 5000 people in attendance at each home game that they are not going to play. At this point it seems highly unlikely that will occur in Missoula county. No season this year most likely scenario.

Back