• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz frosh players apologize for tweets over virus restrictions

PlayerRep

"University of Montana football players who took to Twitter to question the Missoula City-County Health Department's coronavirus quarantine restrictions — and who broadcast the county's COVID-19 incident commander's cell number — have since apologized, according to the UM athletic director.

The athletes also repeatedly texted Incident Commander Cindy Farr with their frustrations over the quarantine procedures.

The first post, from redshirt freshman Kale Edwards read, "@MslaHealthDept @MissoulaCounty and Cindy Farr Total deaths in MT from COVID to date: 143 State pop 1,070,000 By age group: ZERO deaths under 30 1 death under 40 5 total deaths under 50 But let’s quarantine the 18-22 year old football team?"

Earlier this month the UM athletic training facility — The Champions Center — was shut down for four days due to a positive cases among student athletes. On Sept. 21 the Montana Kaimin reported that the entire Grizzly men's and women's cross-country teams were under quarantine."

[While football players are so high profile that they need to keep their mouths shut, I agree with what Kale Edwards said.]

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-grizzly-football-players-apologize-for-tweets-over-virus-restrictions/article_46800ea6-cdcc-5c0d-8d1b-24b4f53643f8.html

"Missoula County updates sporting event guidelines; will allow 500 spectators"

"Missoula County will now allow 500 spectators to attend sporting events, as long as the venue can accommodate 500 fans while following the safety guidelines provided by the Missoula County Health Officer's Order issued on May 28.

Prior to this update, Missoula County only allowed for two fans per home player on the field and did not allow for visiting spectators.

Under the new rules, visiting fans will be allowed, and the number of tickets issued is decided by the home team."

[Finally, the Missoula county health people are loosening up a bit on sports. The attendance limitation has been ridiculous. This is an improvement. It probably doesn't go far enough.]

https://www.kpax.com/high-school/missoula-county-updates-sporting-event-guidelines-will-allow-500-spectators

AZGrizFan said:
Absolutely ridiculous that they were forced to “apologize”.

100% agree. I can see telling them to stop but they have a right to their opinion and shouldn't have to apologize.

Lord, I am so over this crap. This unprecedented action over a virus needs to come to an end, and soon.

SoldierGriz said:
Apologize for what?

Remember in the USA (or at least Missoula County) you can no longer use your 1st amendment rights! (unless you apologize).

Was the phone number they shared the lady’s private cell, or her official work number?

The article mentions the spreading of “misinformation.” It says this a few times. I think it even said a barrage of misinformation or something like that. What was the “misinformation”? Were the cited stats the kid used wrong? If it’s so important, why didn’t they attempt to correct the alleged misinformation? I couldn’t even figure out what they were talking about.

garizzalies said:
Was the phone number they shared the lady’s private cell, or her official work number?

The article mentions the spreading of “misinformation.” It says this a few times. I think it even said a barrage of misinformation or something like that. What was the “misinformation”? Were the cited stats the kid used wrong? If it’s so important, why didn’t they attempt to correct the alleged misinformation? I couldn’t even figure out what they were talking about.

Putting her personal info out there is over the line IMO, though it seems to be rampant in the political and Kultur Krieg these days. "Misinformation" is another beauty, in the eye of the beholder or the Derpbook/Google "fact checker".

Hoops watcher said:
garizzalies said:

Putting her personal info out there is over the line IMO, though it seems to be rampant in the political and Kultur Krieg these days. "Misinformation" is another beauty, in the eye of the beholder or the Derpbook/Google "fact checker".
I’m not sure I agree. If the kid somehow got her private cell or home number and leaked it, you’re probably right. But if the number he provided was her official, office number, and public knowledge, I think that’s different. Might still be wrong, I guess, but it sounds like she got mad for having to do her job
= answering calls from the community on this topic
And at the same time apparently not doing her job
= correcting the alleged misinformation.

Da Boyz Mom said:
AZGrizFan said:
Absolutely ridiculous that they were forced to “apologize”.

100% agree. I can see telling them to stop but they have a right to their opinion and shouldn't have to apologize.

Lord, I am so over this crap. This unprecedented action over a virus needs to come to an end, and soon.

It will Nov.3 for then we will get somebody who isn't anti -science and doesn't work for putin

fanofzoo said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

It will Nov.3 for then we will get somebody who isn't anti -science and doesn't work for putin
Yes, same guy we already have, as opposed to the guy that works for Xi.

kemajic said:
fanofzoo said:

but at least the new guy will save your ass, the old one doesn't give a shit about you

fanofzoo said:
kemajic said:

but at least the new guy will save your ass, the old one doesn't give a shit about you
His focus on energy independence, trade, defense, law enforcement, border security, keeping jobs in the US, judiciary appointments, NATO accountability and Mideast peace tells me that he does. Another 4 years will outlive the Speaker and make a more serious dent in the swamp.

And the "new guy" would not be a guy at all.

Censorship is bullshit.
These guys are expressing their frustrations about the leftwing cabal, and their idiotic restrictions, which has infested Missoula and UM, including the Athletic Dept. Listing phone numbers or peoples addresses is nothing the left wouldn't do. They aren't out in front of peoples houses or place of work at all hours of the day and night making noise lighting fires, rioting, burning 'the whole f*cking thing down,' or shooting people and police. Thats what the left does, so why not these kids also?
They have nothing to apologize for, period. I say, well done! :thumb: To hell with the University and its Administration.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
fanofzoo said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

:thumb:

fanofzoo said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Moron alert.

garizzalies said:
Hoops watcher said:
I’m not sure I agree. If the kid somehow got her private cell or home number and leaked it, you’re probably right. But if the number he provided was her official, office number, and public knowledge, I think that’s different. Might still be wrong, I guess, but it sounds like she got mad for having to do her job
= answering calls from the community on this topic
And at the same time apparently not doing her job
= correcting the alleged misinformation.

A comment, not a question. Who still has a home number? Who doesn't use their cell number for work matters?

Still, a football player shouldn't provide any cell number, if that's what it was, nor should they stick up their heads for something like this.

78 new cases in Missoula today. A record anyway you look at it. Is this the way the health department says what a good job they are doing? Ha.

fanofzoo said:
kemajic said:

He's promised to raise my taxes, and we know that he will shut down US oil and gas production, which means gas will be back to $4.00/gallon. No thanks.

Back