• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

McNeese St and Lake Charles area clobbered by hurricane

PlayerRep

Huge damage in the area.

Football stadium damaged: https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1299008762649300993

"McNeese has been hit hard by #HurricaneLaura, with damage to many buildings. Campus was evacuated on Tuesday.

Farrar Hall at McNeese State University is destroyed. It host the College of Education, some liberal arts classes, and labs.

This looks to be Baker auditorium which is the student government chambers. The amount of time I spent in this building and room"

"Hurricane Laura brings tornado threat after Louisiana landfall, Lake Charles 'severely damaged'

"As the storm roared into Louisiana, a 133 mph gust and an 85 mph sustained wind were measured in Lake Charles."

"Heavy rains and winds battered Louisiana Thursday morning as a weakening Hurricane Laura roared northward, threatening to spread further damage well inland after slamming the Lake Charles area and causing at least four deaths."

"A large chemical fire from a plant in Lake Charles was sending a massive plume over Interstate 10."

"In Lake Charles, which took a direct hit, skyscrapers were without glass, while pieces of sheet metal and roofing were seen throughout city streets."

""This entire city is severely damaged," he said."

"In Cameron Parish, where Laura came ashore, officials said at least 150 people refused pleas to leave and planned to weather the storm in everything from elevated homes to recreational vehicles. The result could be deadly since forecasters said the parish could be completely covered by ocean water with an "unsurvivable" storm surge of up to 20 feet."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hurricane-laura-louisiana-landfall-lake-charles-damage-storm-threat-tornado

PlayerRep said:
The expected killer storm surge of 20 ft or so, came at only 5 or 6 ft., and wasn't a big killer.

So damned tired of the media hyping up every single storm as “the worst ever”. This was hyped up as an “unsurvivable” storm surge...

The media just can’t get enough hysteria, apparently. They thrive on the panic.

Did you read about the 4 people, I think in LA somewhere, who stayed at their place and survived the storm? Then, left open the door from garage to house, just a crack, and died from gas fumes from the generator.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
The expected killer storm surge of 20 ft or so, came at only 5 or 6 ft., and wasn't a big killer.

So damned tired of the media hyping up every single storm as “the worst ever”. This was hyped up as an “unsurvivable” storm surge...

You must have missed that it was the NWS that said "unsurvivable" storm surge and the media just reported it as stated. Time to pull you head out of your ass.

PlayerRep said:
Did you read about the 4 people, I think in LA somewhere, who stayed at their place and survived the storm? Then, left open the door from garage to house, just a crack, and died from gas fumes from the generator.
Survival of the fittest. Who in their right mind would have a gas powered generator in an enclosed garage? Would you leave a car running in an enclosed garage?

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

You must have missed that it was the NWS that said "unsurvivable" storm surge and the media just reported it as stated. Time to pull you head out of your ass.
I see; it was Trump's fault.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
Survival of the fittest. Who in their right mind would have a gas powered generator in an enclosed garage? Would you leave a car running in an enclosed garage?

I read that, under the circumstances, the garage is where the generator should have been. The problem was the door left a crack open.

I don't know, tho.

Back