• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU to play

Sport

According to HEROSPORTS NDSU is scheduled to play Central Arkansas on 10/3 at the Fargo Dome. Maybe we could have a practice game with the kitties this fall, why not?

Sport said:
According to HEROSPORTS NDSU is scheduled to play Central Arkansas on 10/3 at the Fargo Dome. Maybe we could have a practice game with the kitties this fall, why not?
Been saying this. All players would keep eligibility too.

kemajic said:
Readdressing decisions already made are a waste of time.

NDSU originally said they were not going to play this fall. They've readdressed that decision and now have 1 for sure and looking like a 2nd game lined up. Wast of time? I wish the Griz were doing the same.

Griz2k said:
kemajic said:
Readdressing decisions already made are a waste of time.

NDSU originally said they were not going to play this fall. They've readdressed that decision and now have 1 for sure and looking like a 2nd game lined up. Wast of time? I wish the Griz were doing the same.
Get real, the cost for setting up a 1 or two game fall season is unrealistic. A big money loser for a financially strapped university. And it would achieve what? It isn't going to happen, therefore a waste of time to be whining about it. It's done; move on to spring when we could have a full conference schedule.

kemajic said:
Griz2k said:
Get real, the cost for setting up a 1 or two game fall season is unrealistic. A big money loser for a financially strapped university. And it would achieve what? It isn't going to happen, therefore a waste of time to be whining about it. It's done; move on to spring when we could have a full conference schedule.

I can think of one thing it achieves..a lot more practice reps for the younger players and the incoming transfers which can be invalueable

Ndsu has its game on october 3rd and is restarting it's practices either Sept. 1st or Sept 3rd. They expect to get in a extra 20 practices before that game.

braves84 said:
kemajic said:

I can think of one thing it achieves..a lot more practice reps for the younger players and the incoming transfers which can be invalueable

Ndsu has its game on october 3rd and is restarting it's practices either Sept. 1st or Sept 3rd. They expect to get in a extra 20 practices before that game.
Sure thing. How many extra cases of the virus will they total?

Spanky2 said:
braves84 said:

My view is that they will have fewer cases than if they didn’t play, because they will have the coaches reminding them daily to be very careful due to the fact that getting the Covid will cause them not to be able to play or work out, will hurt the team, and may jeopardize the season.

PlayerRep said:
Spanky2 said:
braves84 said:

My view is that they will have fewer cases than if they didn’t play, because they will have the coaches reminding them daily to be very careful due to the fact that getting the Covid will cause them not to be able to play or work out, will hurt the team, and may jeopardize the season.
PlayerRep said:
Spanky2 said:

My view is they shouldn’t practice, play or work out as a team because it increases the risk of getting Covid. There isn’t a way a football team can practice, meet and play the game without becoming exposed to the virus. They are going to have to wait for a vaccine.

Spanky2 said:
PlayerRep said:
Spanky2 said:
braves84 said:

PlayerRep said:

My view is they shouldn’t practice, play or work out as a team because it increases the risk of getting Covid. There isn’t a way a football team can practice, meet and play the game without becoming exposed to the virus. They are going to have to wait for a vaccine.

Do you think they won't get the Covid not playing or practicing? Going to bars and parties. Going downtown. Hanging out with friends, whether in Missourla or home. Many kids that age are very bored. They are itching to get out and about, or are already out and about.

Healthy players have almost no risk from Covid.

PlayerRep said:
Spanky2 said:

PlayerRep said:

[/quote]

Do you think they won't get the Covid not playing or practicing? Going to bars and parties. Going downtown. Hanging out with friends, whether in Missourla or home. Many kids that age are very bored. They are itching to get out and about, or are already out and about.

Healthy players have almost no risk from Covid.
[/quote]
I agree they are itching to get out and about. I recall my son who was a gifted athlete who was easily bored at home. Playing football, however, increases the danger of getting Covid as a result of the close proximity of the athletes.

Spanky2 said:

The nfl seems to be proving this theory wrong daily. Another 1600 tests given and not one positive case for 8 days. Of course there were the 77 false positives that all turned out to be negative because the testing is a joke.

Many colleges have been practicing preparing for a fall season and there have been very few positive cases. No hospitalizations that I’m aware of.

Why are these kids allowed to go to class and live in dorms but football is deemed too dangerous?

This falls in the same line of thinking that a mask worn in a restaurant from door to table keeps everyone safe. But take that baby off and eat and drink for hours and it’s all good!

I’m also still curious why essential workers haven’t been dropping like flies during this pandemic. Those poor people at Walmart have been working long hours dealing with thousands of people every week. I’m surprised these big box stores are even able to keep their doors open with such an immediate threat to their employees.

ilovethecats said:
Spanky2 said:

The nfl seems to be proving this theory wrong daily. Another 1600 tests given and not one positive case for 8 days. Of course there were the 77 false positives that all turned out to be negative because the testing is a joke.

Many colleges have been practicing preparing for a fall season and there have been very few positive cases. No hospitalizations that I’m aware of.

Why are these kids allowed to go to class and live in dorms but football is deemed too dangerous?

This falls in the same line of thinking that a mask worn in a restaurant from door to table keeps everyone safe. But take that baby off and eat and drink for hours and it’s all good!

I’m also still curious why essential workers haven’t been dropping like flies during this pandemic. Those poor people at Walmart have been working long hours dealing with thousands of people every week. I’m surprised these big box stores are even able to keep their doors open with such an immediate threat to their employees.

I have always disliked the football-ILTC but I really like the covid-ILTC....I couldn’t agree with you more. Every post you’ve made around covid is exactly my viewpoint. Maybe you’re not such a douche nozzle after all 😜

HookedonGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

I have always disliked the football-ILTC but I really like the covid-ILTC....I couldn’t agree with you more. Every post you’ve made around covid is exactly my viewpoint. Maybe you’re not such a douche nozzle after all 😜
:lol:

Football ILTC’s is not that bad! I’ve seen way worse cat fans and griz fans on this board!

I’ll concede I’ve had my moments. I get caught up sometimes. But my grandfather is a big griz booster and he’s one of my favorite guys in the world so I’ve tried to maintain some balance!

But yes, you and I seem to see eye to eye on all things Covid. :thumb:

kemajic said:
Griz2k said:
How would it be a big money loser? How much would it cost for the Bobcats to bus up here and play in front of no fans? I’m genuinely asking.

HookedonGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

I get what you’re saying, but Football ILTC is better than some Griz fans on here. I’ve always read his ball-busting regarding FB stuff as just that. Usually pretty rational on most topics, unlike myself.

ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:

Football ILTC’s is not that bad! I’ve seen way worse cat fans and griz fans on this board!

I’ll concede I’ve had my moments. I get caught up sometimes. But my grandfather is a big griz booster and he’s one of my favorite guys in the world so I’ve tried to maintain some balance!

I should’ve scrolled down. :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:

I should’ve scrolled down. :thumb:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I was actually worried about you today. Was going to start a thread asking if you were good! Haven’t heard from you in a bit. Hope all is well! :thumb:

Back