Dante Olson—Eagles Depth Chart

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
Post Reply
User avatar
rocklobster
Posts: 1684
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:34 pm
Location: Missoula

I saw that Dante is second on the depth chart for the Eagles at middle linebacker behind TJ Edwards! What are his chances in making the roster? Anyone?
SACCAT66
Posts: 1372
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Spectators Bar

rocklobster wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:22 pm
I saw that Dante is second on the depth chart for the Eagles at middle linebacker behind TJ Edwards! What are his chances in making the roster? Anyone?
Eagles are very thin at LB after their best on retired a week ago. Him and Singleton have a very good chance. Eagles only play two LBs at a time when on defense.
User avatar
dupuyer griz
eGriz Club
Posts: 3018
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:41 pm

He was listed in bleacher report as the Eagles most likely I drafted player to stand out in camp. Should have a good shot.
User avatar
rocklobster
Posts: 1684
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:34 pm
Location: Missoula

dupuyer griz wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:35 pm
He was listed in bleacher report as the Eagles most likely I drafted player to stand out in camp. Should have a good shot.
:thumb:
Ursus1
eGriz Club
Posts: 4358
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:57 am

I think he will also be very helpful on special teams with his heart and selflessness.
User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 13135
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

Ursus1 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:32 pm
I think he will also be very helpful on special teams with his heart and selflessness.
Not to mention his nose for the football and tackling ability.
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em." - Webb Wilder
PlayerRep
Posts: 27885
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

I can't imagine he won't make the team. Way too good. Known by Timmy Hauck.
grizghost
Posts: 847
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:46 pm

.....rumor has it that the Eagles are high on Dante...
HelenaHandBasket
Posts: 5231
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:32 pm

Released today.
PlayerRep
Posts: 27885
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

HelenaHandBasket wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:30 am
Released today.
Too bad. Shows what I know.

"In a move that can only be described as shocking in some aspects, the Philadelphia Eagles have waived undrafted free agent linebacker, Dante Olson.

Olson was thought of as a likely candidate to land on the active roster at linebacker, but it now appears that the Eagles are prepared to move on."

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020 ... nte-olson/
ilovethecats
Posts: 5171
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:56 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:42 am
HelenaHandBasket wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:30 am
Released today.
Too bad. Shows what I know.

"In a move that can only be described as shocking in some aspects, the Philadelphia Eagles have waived undrafted free agent linebacker, Dante Olson.

Olson was thought of as a likely candidate to land on the active roster at linebacker, but it now appears that the Eagles are prepared to move on."

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020 ... nte-olson/
Just shows what an uphill battle these rookies have this season. Especially UDFA's. They're just yet another group of people I feel so bad for because they are making monster sacrifices in the name of "safety" and "getting ahead of the curve"... :roll:
SACCAT66
Posts: 1372
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Spectators Bar

PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:42 am
HelenaHandBasket wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:30 am
Released today.
Too bad. Shows what I know.

"In a move that can only be described as shocking in some aspects, the Philadelphia Eagles have waived undrafted free agent linebacker, Dante Olson.

Olson was thought of as a likely candidate to land on the active roster at linebacker, but it now appears that the Eagles are prepared to move on."

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020 ... nte-olson/
This is the WORST year to be an undrafted rookie. There just aren't any chances for you to get on the field. No pre-season games to show what you can do, and with no pads for the first weeks, no way to show your ability. He will make the practice squad (in my opinion).
MikeyGriz
Posts: 1165
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:35 am
Location: Billings, MT

They don't need LB's in Philly because they have that great QB that stays healthy all year and carries the team on his back to victory every game!
I don't watch CNN for the same reason I don't drink out of the toilet bowl!
alabamagrizzly
Posts: 3929
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: body in Alabama, heart in Montana

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:50 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:42 am


Too bad. Shows what I know.

"In a move that can only be described as shocking in some aspects, the Philadelphia Eagles have waived undrafted free agent linebacker, Dante Olson.

Olson was thought of as a likely candidate to land on the active roster at linebacker, but it now appears that the Eagles are prepared to move on."

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020 ... nte-olson/
Just shows what an uphill battle these rookies have this season. Especially UDFA's. They're just yet another group of people I feel so bad for because they are making monster sacrifices in the name of "safety" and "getting ahead of the curve"... :roll:
Ya but atleast spanky won’t catch a cold.
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's
Hoops watcher
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:15 pm

SACCAT66 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:51 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:42 am


Too bad. Shows what I know.

"In a move that can only be described as shocking in some aspects, the Philadelphia Eagles have waived undrafted free agent linebacker, Dante Olson.

Olson was thought of as a likely candidate to land on the active roster at linebacker, but it now appears that the Eagles are prepared to move on."

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020 ... nte-olson/
This is the WORST year to be an undrafted rookie. There just aren't any chances for you to get on the field. No pre-season games to show what you can do, and with no pads for the first weeks, no way to show your ability. He will make the practice squad (in my opinion).
So true, given his less than stellar measurables. If he makes a practice squad injuries could get him a special teams shot somewhere. That would be right in his wheel house and I'd bet he'll stick around.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. -H L Mencken
User avatar
cclarkblues
Moderator
Posts: 7454
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: The flatlands - Blgs

The Dude Abides
SACCAT66
Posts: 1372
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Spectators Bar

cclarkblues wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:30 am
Apparently he has been waived.

https://billingsgazette.com/sports/coll ... d9057.html
WHAT!!! When did this happen!!!
HelenaHandBasket
Posts: 5231
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:32 pm

cclarkblues wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:30 am
Apparently he has been waived.

https://billingsgazette.com/sports/coll ... d9057.html
First I heard.
HelenaHandBasket
Posts: 5231
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:32 pm

HelenaHandBasket wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:30 am
Released today.
User avatar
cclarkblues
Moderator
Posts: 7454
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: The flatlands - Blgs

SACCAT66 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:55 am
cclarkblues wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:30 am
Apparently he has been waived.

https://billingsgazette.com/sports/coll ... d9057.html
WHAT!!! When did this happen!!!
Can't believe I was the first to come across it. It's not the kind of news you want to find.
The Dude Abides
Post Reply