Dante Olson—Eagles Depth Chart

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
rocklobster

I saw that Dante is second on the depth chart for the Eagles at middle linebacker behind TJ Edwards! What are his chances in making the roster? Anyone?
SACCAT66

rocklobster wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:22 pm
I saw that Dante is second on the depth chart for the Eagles at middle linebacker behind TJ Edwards! What are his chances in making the roster? Anyone?
Eagles are very thin at LB after their best on retired a week ago. Him and Singleton have a very good chance. Eagles only play two LBs at a time when on defense.
dupuyer griz
eGriz Club

He was listed in bleacher report as the Eagles most likely I drafted player to stand out in camp. Should have a good shot.
rocklobster

dupuyer griz wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:35 pm
He was listed in bleacher report as the Eagles most likely I drafted player to stand out in camp. Should have a good shot.
:thumb:
Ursus1
eGriz Club

I think he will also be very helpful on special teams with his heart and selflessness.
kemajic
eGriz Club

Ursus1 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:32 pm
I think he will also be very helpful on special teams with his heart and selflessness.
Not to mention his nose for the football and tackling ability.
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em." - Webb Wilder
PlayerRep

I can't imagine he won't make the team. Way too good. Known by Timmy Hauck.
grizghost

.....rumor has it that the Eagles are high on Dante...
HelenaHandBasket

Released today.
PlayerRep

HelenaHandBasket wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:30 am
Released today.
Too bad. Shows what I know.

"In a move that can only be described as shocking in some aspects, the Philadelphia Eagles have waived undrafted free agent linebacker, Dante Olson.

Olson was thought of as a likely candidate to land on the active roster at linebacker, but it now appears that the Eagles are prepared to move on."

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020 ... nte-olson/
ilovethecats

PlayerRep wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:42 am
HelenaHandBasket wrote:
Released today.

"In a move that can only be described as shocking in some aspects, the Philadelphia Eagles have waived undrafted free agent linebacker, Dante Olson.

Olson was thought of as a likely candidate to land on the active roster at linebacker, but it now appears that the Eagles are prepared to move on."

Just shows what an uphill battle these rookies have this season. Especially UDFA's. They're just yet another group of people I feel so bad for because they are making monster sacrifices in the name of "safety" and "getting ahead of the curve"... :roll:
SACCAT66

PlayerRep wrote:
HelenaHandBasket wrote:
Released today.

This is the WORST year to be an undrafted rookie. There just aren't any chances for you to get on the field. No pre-season games to show what you can do, and with no pads for the first weeks, no way to show your ability. He will make the practice squad (in my opinion).
MikeyGriz

They don't need LB's in Philly because they have that great QB that stays healthy all year and carries the team on his back to victory every game!
I don't watch CNN for the same reason I don't drink out of the toilet bowl!
alabamagrizzly

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:50 am
PlayerRep wrote:

Just shows what an uphill battle these rookies have this season. Especially UDFA's. They're just yet another group of people I feel so bad for because they are making monster sacrifices in the name of "safety" and "getting ahead of the curve"... :roll:
Ya but atleast spanky won’t catch a cold.
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's
Hoops watcher

SACCAT66 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:51 am
PlayerRep wrote:

This is the WORST year to be an undrafted rookie. There just aren't any chances for you to get on the field. No pre-season games to show what you can do, and with no pads for the first weeks, no way to show your ability. He will make the practice squad (in my opinion).
So true, given his less than stellar measurables. If he makes a practice squad injuries could get him a special teams shot somewhere. That would be right in his wheel house and I'd bet he'll stick around.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. -H L Mencken
cclarkblues

The Dude Abides
SACCAT66

cclarkblues wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:30 am
Apparently he has been waived.

https://billingsgazette.com/sports/coll ... d9057.html
WHAT!!! When did this happen!!!
HelenaHandBasket

cclarkblues wrote:

First I heard.
HelenaHandBasket

HelenaHandBasket wrote:
Released today.
cclarkblues

SACCAT66 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:55 am
cclarkblues wrote:

WHAT!!! When did this happen!!!
Can't believe I was the first to come across it. It's not the kind of news you want to find.
The Dude Abides