• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bye Morehead St.

EW406

Pioneer just announced they’re going conference only. We can drop them from the schedule now too.

HookedonGriz said:
Actually Morehead St already reached out to Haslam with full intent of getting waiver to play the game.

As they say at the horse races: "Hold on to your tickets ladies and gentlemen, we have a protest."

Do we pay them a lot to come? If the price is very high, and if not a full crowd allowed might not be financially wise.

Ursus1 said:
Do we pay them a lot to come? If the price is very high, and if not a full crowd allowed might not be financially wise.

We don't pay anyone "a lot". I guess it's all relative, but I am sure Morehead comes cheap.

If you only read the last 3 words, it might sound like something else.

HookedonGriz said:
Actually Morehead St already reached out to Haslam with full intent of getting waiver to play the game.

Those boys wanna play in a real football environment at least ONCE in their college careers.... :lol:

You would think, being from the PIONEER League, if I remember correctly, that they would hitch up their wagons and head west into the promised land to play some ball. But maybe being a pioneer isn't what it used to be.

cclarkblues said:
You would think, being from the PIONEER League, if I remember correctly, that they would hitch up their wagons and head west into the promised land to play some ball. But maybe being a pioneer isn't what it used to be.

Yeah, but a lot of those guys died along the way. Didn't you play The Oregon Trail as a kid?? Sheesh. :cool:

EverettGriz said:
cclarkblues said:

Yeah, but a lot of those guys died along the way. Didn't you play The Oregon Trail as a kid?? Sheesh. :cool:

Yeah, it was always dysentery.

MikeyGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

As they say at the horse races: "Hold on to your tickets ladies and gentlemen, we have a protest."

I would be surprised if Morehead gets the waiver. For instance Drake was supposed to play NDSU the week of September 12th. San Diego is supposed to play Cal Poly the 19th as well. You give one waiver than all teams want a waiver.

I also think the homes games against Cal Poly and Sac State are doubtful, even more doubtful than the season.

EverettGriz said:
cclarkblues said:

Hell yes! Never made it to Oregon ONCE. NOT ONCE.

Fuck that game, man. :twisted: :twisted:

GriznBigfork said:
MikeyGriz said:

I would be surprised if Morehead gets the waiver. For instance Drake was supposed to play NDSU the week of September 12th. San Diego is supposed to play Cal Poly the 19th as well. You give one waiver than all teams want a waiver.

I also think the homes games against Cal Poly and Sac State are doubtful, even more doubtful than the season.

If schools and conferences are playing, what’s the big deal about a waiver? I wonder if the conference only thing helps get out of contracts or something like that.

PlayerRep said:
GriznBigfork said:

If schools and conferences are playing, what’s the big deal about a waiver? I wonder if the conference only thing helps get out of contracts or something like that.
I do not think it is a big deal, but if you give one you have to give all teams a waiver. If they all have a waiver to play a non-conference game than why did the Presidents vote for conference only.

I am surprised that the Pioneer did not cancel all together as that conference is even more geographically dispersed than the Big Sky.

With 6 of the 13 FCS conferences out already does anyone think there will be FCS Playoffs? 2 teams in the Big South have opted out of fall sports, so that conference may pull the plug. Ohio Valley, Southland and Southern conferences have teams in states in current hotspots.

The next week will decide the season as practices can start next weekend.

Back