• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitts receivers

hm.grwn.grizfan

DONOR
He did one job well.....recruit wide receivers. I’m of the opinion that all else aside, the dude could find talent at the position. Given, he did fill a roster with them, so he was bound to land some gems, but no one can argue that this years senior class isn’t one of the most talented to ever play at UM. Everything else Stitt did was garbage, but man the guy could find talent at receiver. Do we have anyone in the wings as talented as an Akem? How about Toure? There will be other greats here in the future, but I’m sure smitten with these two. They Are truly Griz legends still in pads.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
He did one job well.....recruit wide receivers. I’m of the opinion that all else aside, the dude could find talent at the position. Given, he did fill a roster with them, so he was bound to land some gems, but no one can argue that this years senior class isn’t one of the most talented to ever play at UM. Everything else Stitt did was garbage, but man the guy could find talent at receiver. Do we have anyone in the wings as talented as an Akem? How about Toure? There will be other greats here in the future, but I’m sure smitten with these two. They Are truly Griz legends still in pads.

:thumb:

Agreed that there has been a great group of receivers and Stitt's style of passing almost every down is certainly attractive to WRs, but shouldn't most of the recognition go to the recruiting coordinator(s), like Justin Green, who did the majority of the legwork?

I'm honestly asking because I'm not too familiar with today's (or at least that staff's) recruiting process. My recruiting experience was almost entirely with recruiting coordinators and my position coaches. Usually, it was just a quick welcome from the head coach and that was it from the head coach. :lol: Then again, if I was better maybe that would have made a difference! :lol:

Absolutely love Akem and Toure and we are lucky to have them. However, Stitt did bring in 20+ receivers at one point so thankfully a couple of them worked out. He did this at the mercy of our O Line and secondary which are still trying to get back to normal. I do think we are now much more well rounded at all the position groups.

One dimensional, pass only teams don't win national championships. That is why Stitt is gone. I will take a Bobby offense any day.

66volvo said:
One dimensional, pass only teams don't win national championships. That is why Stitt is gone. I will take a Bobby offense any day.

Absolutely, I was more calling attention to the fact that stitt did bring in two of the most talented and athletically gifted receivers I’ve seen at UM. Akem has FBS hands, speed and size as does toure. The fact that they are both in the same class as well is pretty impressive. Like I said. Everything else stitt did was mediocre. But he certainly seems to have had an eye for talent at receiver.

HookedonGriz said:
Absolutely love Akem and Toure and we are lucky to have them. However, Stitt did bring in 20+ receivers at one point so thankfully a couple of them worked out. He did this at the mercy of our O Line and secondary which are still trying to get back to normal. I do think we are now much more well rounded at all the position groups.

:thumb:

DoubleNicks said:
Agreed that there has been a great group of receivers and Stitt's style of passing almost every down is certainly attractive to WRs, but shouldn't most of the recognition go to the recruiting coordinator(s), like Justin Green, who did the majority of the legwork?

I'm honestly asking because I'm not too familiar with today's (or at least that staff's) recruiting process. My recruiting experience was almost entirely with recruiting coordinators and my position coaches. Usually, it was just a quick welcome from the head coach and that was it from the head coach. :lol: Then again, if I was better maybe that would have made a difference! :lol:

Not sure who recruited Akem and Toure. It would be interesting to hear their recruiting stories as well as hear from them on what attracted them to UM. Was it the air raid offense and their potential to catch a lot of passes? Was it the program history etc....? I’m sure that had something to do with it. It just doesn’t seem like we’re getting the size at receiver that we were seeing with stitt. I agree that stitt basically recruited receivers to the extent that he neglected the rest of the team, which could explain the two outliers we have in toure and Akem. Rosy has to love having those weapons though. He definitely likes to air it out, and has the tools to do so.

Jesus that’s a tired narrative that’s been disproven time and time again. It’s one that I don’t have the energy to dispel again.

I’ll leave it at this: There are six pre-season All Conference players from the Griz. Four are Stitt recruits.

He may not have been able to DEVELOP talent and his system was flawed, but he sure had an eye for talent, and had a terrific eye for it at certain positions.

66volvo said:

Bobby’s offense now is nothing similar stylistically to what it used to be, but I agree Bobby/Rosy’s offense is fantastic.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
DoubleNicks said:

Not sure who recruited Akem and Toure. It would be interesting to hear their recruiting stories as well as hear from them on what attracted them to UM. Was it the air raid offense and their potential to catch a lot of passes? Was it the program history etc....? I’m sure that had something to do with it. It just doesn’t seem like we’re getting the size at receiver that we were seeing with stitt. I agree that stitt basically recruited receivers to the extent that he neglected the rest of the team, which could explain the two outliers we have in toure and Akem. Rosy has to love having those weapons though. He definitely likes to air it out, and has the tools to do so.

Jason Semore has the Oklahoma ties that got Akem here. Say what you want about his defense but Semore was a good recruiter. Toure was recruited mainly by Ferriter and that DL coach that is now at Oregon State so they deserve the the credit but no doubt the allure of playing in a pass first offense was a selling point.

Pease and Ferriter both deserve the credit for developing these young men. These two want to be great so they put in the work to be really good.

Back