• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Best/favorite Montana football player.

I give the nod to Marc Mariani and Chase Reynolds. Two great players and very respectful gentlemen!

reinell30 said:
I give the nod to Marc Mariani and Chase Reynolds. Two great players and very respectful gentlemen!
Add my vote here. They were game changers.

Well the best player would be Dave, but my favorite player is Jordan Johnson. I love his story and how he was able to overcome it and be a 2 time captain. Takes a lot of resilience to come back from something like that.

Griz til I die said:
Well the best player would be Dave, but my favorite player is Jordan Johnson. I love his story and how he was able to overcome it and be a 2 time captain. Takes a lot of resilience to come back from something like that.

JJ was not from Montana....

I realize that. I didn’t notice it was from the State. Thanks. Old guy mistake. You’re not far behind.

retiredpopo said:
Griz til I die said:

JJ was not from Montana....
Oh I didn’t realize it was a player from Montana. It said favorite Montana football player. I assumed we meant Montana the school.

Bill Kelly. Dave is a close 2nd though.

Here’s a real good 10 page bio on his life if anyone’s interested in a history lesson. It’s a good read. http://www.profootballresearchers.org/archives/Website_Files/Coffin_Corner/06-An-207.pdf

Lex Hilliard deserves a mention. :clap: :clap:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=youtube+lex+hilliard#id=1&vid=b2d531ec99800eb0310a4da77bb8bb9b&action=click

braves84 said:
Never to wear number 37. I think you can make a case for Brock coyle.
(EDIT: I see Uncle Rico beat me to it.)
There are so many, but one of my favorites who sometimes gets overlooked is Vince Huntsberger. Got good grades. Never got into trouble that I know of. Good teammate from what I recall reading on this board. Great player who did all the little things that helped get the ball back in the hands of the offense. Really liked watching him. But then, I enjoy watching good defense.

Man, there are so many from our great state. This would be more along the lines of favorites.

Dave
Vinny
Lex
Jonny Montana (great guy, and winner on the field)
Steven Pfahler
Brock Coyle
Colt
Chase

Back