• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt out

TCCGRIZ

DONOR
Just going to leave this here .
https://twitter.com/CoachBobStitt/status/1281566788787077120?s=20

Wasn’t his departure from Tex St announced way back in January when GJ also hit the portal? Thought this was old news.

Ursa Major said:
HookedonGriz said:
Wasn’t his departure from Tex St announced way back in January when GJ also hit the portal? Thought this was old news.

December, I believe.
It was; appears he just now gave up, pulled stakes and headed home.

kemajic said:
Ursa Major said:
December, I believe.
It was; appears he just now gave up, pulled stakes and headed home.

That’s the way I read it as well....like he was trying to find something that didn’t require relocating the family for the 4th time in 3 1/2 years and threw in the towel. Still odd to address some mythical “bus” seven-eight months after the end of their season....

BozAngelesGriz said:
Too bad UNC just filled out a (mostly) fresh coaching staff. Otherwise he might have found employment in Greeley
He was known to be available as that was happening.

BozAngelesGriz said:
Too bad UNC just filled out a (mostly) fresh coaching staff. Otherwise he might have found employment in Greeley

He interviewed twice at UNC and did not get the job. This was before Montana hired him several years ago. I was surprised that the Griz went that route.

BozAngelesGriz said:

Not sure NCU could afford him, but it might have been a nice fit.

BigSkyBears said:
BozAngelesGriz said:

He interviewed twice at UNC and did not get the job. This was before Montana hired him several years ago. I was surprised that the Griz went that route.

In hindsight, I think it was pretty obvious that Stitt’s hire at Montana was a President Engstrom hire all the way. Had Engstrom not been controlling the strings, Hauck probably would have been here in 2015.

Lets be fair to Stitt. IMO, Delaney ran the Griz into the ground for three years, then passed what was left to Stitt. Yes, Engstrom has his fingerprints all over Griz football. Stitt did beat four time defending national champion NDSU in WGS during his first year. He took everyone in FCS by surprise in year one. After that....three years should be enough to show a turn around. He did not produce.
He should be used to a bus rolling over him by now. :lol:

If the kittens had not hired the one person who ran defenses against Stitt's offense for a year, the kittens would not have beaten the Griz in years 2 and 3 and Stitt would still be the Griz coach. did you all miss how Ty became disposable to Choate once that offense was gone. It's all (only) about beating big brother over in shit pond land..

And I'm only posting to get this to two pages, and maybe save a little face for someone whose green hat is long gone.

tourist said:
Lets be fair to Stitt. IMO, Delaney ran the Griz into the ground for three years, then passed what was left to Stitt. Yes, Engstrom has his fingerprints all over Griz football. Stitt did beat four time defending national champion NDSU in WGS during his first year. He took everyone in FCS by surprise in year one. After that....three years should be enough to show a turn around. He did not produce.
He should be used to a bus rolling over him by now. :lol:

Stitt’s biggest problem was he took elevated expectations into the freaking stratosphere by beating NDSU in game #1 of his tenure. There was literally no place to go but down from there. :lol:

horribilisfan8184 said:
If the kittens had not hired the one person who ran defenses against Stitt's offense for a year, the kittens would not have beaten the Griz in years 2 and 3 and Stitt would still be the Griz coach. did you all miss how Ty became disposable to Choate once that offense was gone. It's all (only) about beating big brother over in shit pond land..

And I'm only posting to get this to two pages, and maybe save a little face for someone whose green hat is long gone.

Buddy, I know a guy who spends almost $500 at the DoubleTree on game weekends. He didn't like Stitt when the team lost games. He threw some bonus points and weight around, and now we have Hauck. We're on the right track, thanks to the heroes who laid their program loyalty on the line.

CDAGRIZ said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Buddy, I know a guy who spends almost $500 at the DoubleTree on game weekends. He didn't like Stitt when the team lost games. He threw some bonus points and weight around, and now we have Hauck. We're on the right track, thanks to the heroes who laid their program loyalty on the line.

Wish he would have gotten rid of Engstrom earlier and we could have had Bobby sooner, or still had Pflugrad!

Back