• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Show of Hands: Does Anybody Care How Much People Spend to Attend Griz Games?

AllWeatherFan said:
Just curious. It seems to be a major talking point on the board.

Discuss. Or not.

Nope. That is in response to your question. I, personally, could give a rats ass how much anyone spends at a game, how much they contribute to the mom and pop businesses (legislated monopolies in all our podunk Montana towns and fringe communities around parks, liquor licensed or beer and wine pizza joints), or how much they have in their bank accounts. They are the ones bitching and moaning because the CARES Act pays their poor service industry kids $600.00 a week in unemployment so they've gone crying to Tester because they won't go back to work. Nope. I don't care that a few upper-middle-income "businessmen" (you know, all those who accepted federal bailout money or rely on government subsidies to get by while bitching about "their" "tax dollars" going to other governmental assistance programs.

I'm just getting old and tired of one class of people looking down their nose at another group of people. Plus, in my lifetime I've seen the Bay Area World Series, the I-70 World Series, the Harbaugh Bowl, the Cassius Clay knockout of Sonny Liston and there are those who will say the mob doesn't control sports, as much as I personally love competion.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Discuss. Or not.

Nope. That is in response to your question. I, personally, could give a rats ass how much anyone spends at a game, how much they contribute to the mom and pop businesses (legislated monopolies in all our podunk Montana towns and fringe communities around parks, liquor licensed or beer and wine pizza joints), or how much they have in their bank accounts. They are the ones bitching and moaning because the CARES Act pays their poor service industry kids $600.00 a week in unemployment so they've gone crying to Tester because they won't go back to work. Nope. I don't care that a few upper-middle-income "businessmen" (you know, all those who accepted federal bailout money or rely on government subsidies to get by while bitching about "their" "tax dollars" going to other governmental assistance programs.

I'm just getting old and tired of one class of people looking down their nose at another group of people. Plus, in my lifetime I've seen the Bay Area World Series, the I-70 World Series, the Harbaugh Bowl, the Cassius Clay knockout of Sonny Liston and there are those who will say the mob doesn't control sports, as much as I personally love competion.

What genius. A tirade looking down on another class of people decrying looking down on another class of people! But why did you leave out being in the 1906 and 1989 earthquakes?

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Discuss. Or not.

Shaking my damn head because I pretty much agree with your take on things in your first paragraph, it was so right on man. :thumb:

You lost me completely in your second paragraph though. Which “class”of people are your tired of (are you talking about a “social” class of people?) and what “group of people” are they looking down on? No idea what you are trying to convey here. Thanks. What mob and how do they control sports? I’m guessing you are referring to the media companies, ESPN, the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc., no? Thanks

Why did your refer to Ali by his slave name? Are you mocking him, not sure why else you would call him that. Am I off base here or were you actually being contemptuous of him by using what he called the “name of a white slave master” he renounced over 50 years ago? Thanks

PlayerRep said:
I enjoy reading those posts. Interesting info, in my view.

Not as much as I enjoy your sarcastic putdowns.

So, do you think it's "fair" to limit Timothy's product production, especially at football games? Cold Smoke, and other Kettlehouse products such as the chick-beer IPAs, ought to become what Coors once meant to all of us who were raised in the Gallatin Valley. We'd go to Mac's Inn just to get that bootleg crap and drive back and sell it to the college kids. Cold Smoke is something to be shared by the masses even out of the Montana borders.

Only to the extent the discussion is regarding the impact to local economies. And only to the extent it isn't done in a form of braggadocios. Which I suppose eliminates the vast majority of such posts.

I like reading the posts about how much sacrifice is involved with:

1. Buying season tickets
2. Driving to Missoula on slick roads
3. Paying for a room at Ruby's Inn
4. Buying concessions
5. Buying $19.99 prime rib dinners
6. Buying drinks
7. Denigrating other fans who live thousands of miles away for "not making attending games a priority"
8. Being retired
9. Not having dependents living with you
10. Driving home on slick roads

TYFYS

CDAGRIZ said:

1. Buying season tickets
4. Buying concessions
6. Buying drinks
7. Denigrating other fans who live thousands of miles away for "not making attending games a priority"
8. Being retired

TYFYS

This was my favorite part of that...

Being an "in-towner" I find it interesting to know - and makes me appreciate the dedication fans have when traveling from quite far.

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

1. Buying season tickets
4. Buying concessions
6. Buying drinks
8. Being retired

TYFYS

This was my favorite part of that...

Hey, man. It's not easy having no job and nothing to do. You cash the annuity and social security checks, but then you have to decide whether to sit on the Davenport or brave the treacherous Interstate Highway, when a weekend in Missoula can cost upwards of a case of frankfurters. It's true sacrifice.

CDAGRIZ said:

1. Buying season tickets
4. Buying concessions
6. Buying drinks
8. Being retired

TYFYS

Wish we could still do that! Fondly anticipating the completion of the new facility.

On another note, how far of a drive is considered a commitment vs. a decision? 250, 300, 500?

AllWeatherFan said:

Discuss. Or not.

I just noticed your location even though I'm sure it's been there for 4+ years. I've laughed, and I've embarrassed myself with my oversight. A full day.

MikeyGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

1. Buying season tickets
4. Buying concessions
6. Buying drinks
8. Being retired

TYFYS

Wish we could still do that! Fondly anticipating the completion of the new facility.

On another note, how far of a drive is considered a commitment vs. a decision? 250, 300, 500?

Hate to be "That Guy" but true Montanans tell distance in hours, not miles... A commitment (in my mind) is anything over 5 hours driving.

Dutch Lane said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Shaking my damn head because I pretty much agree with your take on things in your first paragraph, it was so right on man. :thumb:

You lost me completely in your second paragraph though. Which “class”of people are your tired of (are you talking about a “social” class of people?) and what “group of people” are they looking down on? No idea what you are trying to convey here. Thanks. What mob and how do they control sports? I’m guessing you are referring to the media companies, ESPN, the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc., no? Thanks

Why did your refer to Ali by his slave name? Are you mocking him, not sure why else you would call him that. Am I off base here or were you actually being contemptuous of him by using what he called the “name of a white slave master” he renounced over 50 years ago? Thanks

Sick of each and every social level with their constant complaining and one up-man-ship level of, you know, whether it's "I bought a Toyota Tundra, a ladder and spent all that money on a sign on the door for my construction company, so by god we'd better open so I can hang out with my filthy rich 'buddy' who hates my guts." to the elitist snobs bitching about not having the minions bowing at their feet. I'm pretty much fed up with our country being so divided and continually bitching and regurgitating what the media source they watch spits out on a day to day basis.

When that fight happened, he was Cassius Clay. That's what the fight was.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Dutch Lane said:

Sick of each and every social level with their constant complaining and one up-man-ship level of, you know, whether it's "I bought a Toyota Tundra, a ladder and spent all that money on a sign on the door for my construction company, so by god we'd better open so I can hang out with my filthy rich 'buddy' who hates my guts." to the elitist snobs bitching about not having the minions bowing at their feet. I'm pretty much fed up with our country being so divided and continually bitching and regurgitating what the media source they watch spits out on a day to day basis.

It’s just sound weird to me, Cassius Clay, I have only known him as Ali. I had to look up who you were talking about who fought Listen. Lol. Do you still ever refer to Kareem as Lewis Alcindor? Lol Thanks

Dutch Lane said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

It’s just sound weird to me, Cassius Clay, I have only known him as Ali. I had to look up who you were talking about who fought Listen. Lol. Do you still ever refer to Kareem as Lewis Alcindor? Lol Thanks

When he was in college. Next to Oscar, Elgin, Cousey, Sampson, Bradley, Frazier, he's argueably the single greastest ball player beside Jerry West or Wilt or Bill Russell...

SACCAT66 said:
MikeyGriz said:

Hate to be "That Guy" but true Montanans tell distance in hours, not miles... A commitment (in my mind) is anything over 5 hours driving.

I am a born and raised Montanan, so I don't think I need a lecture or ruling on what "true" Montanans do.

I've experienced that alternate mode of measurement when I worked back east and down south. This was mostly due to traffic being the limiting factor not distance. I would say here the limiting factors are distance and/or weather. Otherwise, if I drove 50 miles at 10 mph that would be a commitment by your standard. I have seen vehicles like that on the road! :lol:

Dutch Lane said:

Damn, I didn't know Cassius was a slave. Who knew? I just ass/u/med that with the Emancipation Proclamation and the Thirteenth Amendment, that that issue was settled long ago. Some people just are uninformed, like his 'white slave master.' Thank God for the internet. He could have changed his name to Mickey Mouse and I couldn't have cared less. But, I guess that would have interfered with his draft dodger status in the eyes of the local Draft Board. What? Didn't know he was a draft dodger? What is the 'Draft' I speak of? Google it.

tourist said:
Dutch Lane said:

Damn, I didn't know Cassius was a slave. Who knew? I just ass/u/med that with the Emancipation Proclamation and the Thirteenth Amendment, that that issue was settled long ago. Some people just are uninformed, like his 'white slave master.' Thank God for the internet. He could have changed his name to Mickey Mouse and I couldn't have cared less. But, I guess that would have interfered with his draft dodger status in the eyes of the local Draft Board. What? Didn't know he was a draft dodger? What is the 'Draft' I speak of? Google it.

The left leaning intellectual elite call it conscription. The tea party right calls it poor dumb ass who couldn't get a deferment...

Back