• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This article sucks! I hope for football.

CatGrad-UMGradStu

I don't have many relatives who can stand Bradley anyway...

https://www.ajc.com/blog/mark-bradley/our-pigskin-picks-let-see-there-college-season-first/VfnD8l6EwA3M3ybmIb8ZRM/

So...what is worse, not starting at all or pulling the plug late November when cases double or triple? I would say it would be worse to pull the plug late. That would be a bigger mess.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

https://www.ajc.com/blog/mark-bradley/our-pigskin-picks-let-see-there-college-season-first/VfnD8l6EwA3M3ybmIb8ZRM/

...lets go farther...how about nobody drives anymore because we could crash and die!

grizghost said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

...lets go farther...how about nobody drives anymore because we could crash and die!

Way more people will die in car crashes in Montana this year than from Corona virus.

MikeyGriz said:
grizghost said:

Way more people will die in car crashes in Montana this year than from Corona virus.

Specifically drunk driving in Montana. It's an issue

BigSkyBears said:
MikeyGriz said:

During the shut down I didn’t have any dui clients. So there’s that. Lol

BigSkyBears said:
MikeyGriz said:

Way more people will die in non-alcohol related crashes in Montana this year than from the Corona virus.

MikeyGriz said:
BigSkyBears said:

Way more people will die in non-alcohol related crashes in Montana this year than from the Corona virus.

I'm heading to San Diego for vacation in July. Do I have a better chance at being eaten by a shark when I go swimming in the ocean, or getting Covid 19 on the plane or restaurant? :lol: :lol:

BigSkyBears said:
MikeyGriz said:

I'm heading to San Diego for vacation in July. Do I have a better chance at being eaten by a shark when I go swimming in the ocean, or getting Covid 19 on the plane or restaurant? :lol: :lol:

..just wear a mask you will be fine :lol: :lol: :lol:

BigSkyBears said:
Challenge accepted:

Currently there are 8,619 CONFIRMED cases of Covid-19 in San Diego. We can probably assume 10 time as many people are un-confirmed carriers of COVID. There are 1.426 million people in San Diego county. My fuzzy math gives you a 1.65% chance that each person you come across will have COVID-19.

How Many Shark Attacks in San Diego

Statistically there has been a total of 17 shark attacks in all of San Diego County since 1926. So shark attacks in the San Diego area are very rare – even though sharks are common in the area. It is believed that 5 – 10 species of shark are present within a mile of the shore. These include leopard, smoothhound, and baby great white sharks. Many sharks are completely harmless, unless provoked. Larger ones can be a problem if they bite – even by accident. Generally speaking it is the adult Great White that is the only one that will attack unprovoked.

https://www.storagewest.com/facilities/la-jolla/facilityblog/san-diego-shark-attacks/

More fuzzy math: 2020-1929 = 91 years.. Divided by 17 shark attacks = one attack every 5 ⅓ years. 1.426 million times 5.3. So you might have a 1 in 7.63 million change of getting bit by a shark on your trip.

So...... without the addition of alternative facts ..... I'd say you might have a better chance of getting COVID than getting bite by a shark.

Another question: What are the chances that you bring back COVID-19 to you family to enjoy vs the chances of bringing back a shark to bite your loved ones. :lol:

I was just at the beach yesterday (Moonlight), lots of people there, i suggest going at low tide on the weekdays. Just for the extra space.

Copper Griz said:
We are all going to die. I am 100% positive of that. I feel like Nostradamus

Nostradamus already predicted the virus ends morning of Nov. 4th.

DrainBramage said:
BigSkyBears said:
Challenge accepted:

Currently there are 8,619 CONFIRMED cases of Covid-19 in San Diego. We can probably assume 10 time as many people are un-confirmed carriers of COVID. There are 1.426 million people in San Diego county. My fuzzy math gives you a 1.65% chance that each person you come across will have COVID-19.

How Many Shark Attacks in San Diego

Statistically there has been a total of 17 shark attacks in all of San Diego County since 1926. So shark attacks in the San Diego area are very rare – even though sharks are common in the area. It is believed that 5 – 10 species of shark are present within a mile of the shore. These include leopard, smoothhound, and baby great white sharks. Many sharks are completely harmless, unless provoked. Larger ones can be a problem if they bite – even by accident. Generally speaking it is the adult Great White that is the only one that will attack unprovoked.

https://www.storagewest.com/facilities/la-jolla/facilityblog/san-diego-shark-attacks/

More fuzzy math: 2020-1929 = 91 years.. Divided by 17 shark attacks = one attack every 5 ⅓ years. 1.426 million times 5.3. So you might have a 1 in 7.63 million change of getting bit by a shark on your trip.

So...... without the addition of alternative facts ..... I'd say you might have a better chance of getting COVID than getting bite by a shark.

Another question: What are the chances that you bring back COVID-19 to you family to enjoy vs the chances of bringing back a shark to bite your loved ones. :lol:

I was just at the beach yesterday (Moonlight), lots of people there, i suggest going at low tide on the weekdays. Just for the extra space.

I like your style Damage. Lol and thanks for the advice about low tide. Cases keep trickling in here in Montana usually traced back to flying in from the coasts.

BigSkyBears said:
MikeyGriz said:

Make sure you wait 1/2 hour after eating before you go swimming! ;)

Never heard of Bradley. Like everyone else he has an opinion and an asshole. Not sure which one was used for this article. Like many other things, this nanny-state crap has gotten out of hand. Before you post, make sure you wear your helmet, have your neon green vest on, stay six feet away from anyone for social distancing precautions, and for godsake wear a mask!!! Your average adult can figure out the odds on the kung flu. It may tip you over the edge if you have 'pre-existing conditions' and if you are over the age of 65. For those people, stay the hell home!!! Or, be an adult and take your chances. I am over the age limit and have a couple pre-existing conditions, and I would be one of the 26,000+ at WaGriz Stadium, and no mask. If I get the bug, so be it. Leave me the hell alone and run your own life. Suck it up,, you 'adults.'

tourist said:
Never heard of Bradley. Like everyone else he has an opinion and an asshole. Not sure which one was used for this article. Like many other things, this nanny-state crap has gotten out of hand. Before you post, make sure you wear your helmet, have your neon green vest on, stay six feet away from anyone for social distancing precautions, and for godsake wear a mask!!! Your average adult can figure out the odds on the kung flu. It may tip you over the edge if you have 'pre-existing conditions' and if you are over the age of 65. For those people, stay the hell home!!! Or, be an adult and take your chances. I am over the age limit and have a couple pre-existing conditions, and I would be one of the 26,000+ at WaGriz Stadium, and no mask. If I get the bug, so be it. Leave me the hell alone and run your own life. Suck it up,, you 'adults.'

Quality stuff. :thumb:

BigSkyBears said:
So...what is worse, not starting at all or pulling the plug late November when cases double or triple? I would say it would be worse to pull the plug late. That would be a bigger mess.

I guess it would depend. Would they pull the plug because the "threat" of this virus is actually much worse than it is now? Or would they pull the plug because we have way more positives because we are testing tens of millions instead of thousands?

Or do we just pretend that millions of more tests have nothing to do with the "spikes" or the "2nd waves"?

I could handle a spring season if need be. NFL in the fall (obviously not as good, but something), then college in spring, then a brief summer recess and back to more football... Ya, I could handle it if I had to.

*Views expressed herein have no bearing to or consideration of player safety or logistics and are purely the selfish ramblings of BG.

Back