• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Good is Trey Lance?

jlambertum

Starting to see numerous posts discussing Trey Lance being a high first round draft pick next year. Is he really THAT good?

How the hell is NDSU doing this with QB’s? If he gets drafted, that is three in a row from the Bison. Hell I can’t even remember the last time an FBS school had three in a row get drafted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/video/2020/06/04/trey-lance-north-dakota-state-qb

https://cbssportsradio.radio.com/articles/qb-trey-lance-15th-best-prospect-on-mel-kipers-big-board

How bad is the UNDSU board that their hefty fans feel the need to post here? Hell, they shit- clog our board as full as their 3-stint arteries.

CDA? Hello...

If he’s up the lazy river again and I wasn’t invited to the house wrec... I mean “warming”, I’ll be sad...

EverettGriz said:
How bad is the UNDSU board that their hefty fans feel the need to post here? Hell, they shit- clog our board as full as their 3-stint arteries.

Not sure what you problem is but i currently attend UM.

In today’s day, I think a lesson everyone should learn is to be kind to one another. The language you use is really a poor reflection of Montana fans.

jlambertum said:
EverettGriz said:

The language you use is really a poor reflection of Montana fans.
If a fellow Montana fan making jokes about overweight midwesterners is too much for you, you may need to relax a wee bit. Or a lot.

Fourth rounder. He's likely a career NFL backup, which is a good living, unless forced into action somewhere. I'd also worry about durability given the program's reputation for churning out QBs who can't seem to stay healthy as pros.

bgbigdog said:
CDA? Hello...

If he’s up the lazy river again and I wasn’t invited to the house wrec... I mean “warming”, I’ll be sad...

Oh, I'm here, but I just had a really weird interaction. I caught a group of like 12 middle-aged dudes in my garage this morning with two kegs. When they saw me, they scattered and left the beer. One of them said, "[something something] next week! I told you! Damn it, Randy!" I'm leaving for Tahoe in 7 days, but I don't see how that's related.

CDAGRIZ said:
Fourth rounder. He's likely a career NFL backup, which is a good living, unless forced into action somewhere. I'd also worry about durability given the program's reputation for churning out QBs who can't seem to stay healthy as pros.

Fourth round? Why do all of the pundits say 1st?

I have to say in watching him play last year, he’s arguably the best FCS QB I’ve seen.

jlambertum said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I have to say in watching him play last year, he’s arguably the best FCS QB I’ve seen.

Well, you’re gonna get an argument on this board...

Too young to know DD, I assume.

jlambertum said:
EverettGriz said:

In today’s day, I think a lesson everyone should learn is to be kind to one another. The language you use is really a poor reflection of Montana fans.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Taking the wife out to Golden Corral this weekend?

EverettGriz said:
jlambertum said:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Taking the wife out to Golden Corral this weekend?
:lol:

I bet he is a 1st or 2nd rounder. He is good and only going to get better. I will be rooting for him other than when we are playing them for the natty.....

CDAGRIZ said:
bgbigdog said:
CDA? Hello...

Oh, I'm here, but I just had a really weird interaction. I caught a group of like 12 middle-aged dudes in my garage this morning with two kegs. When they saw me, they scattered and left the beer. One of them said, "[something something] next week! I told you! Damn it, Randy!" I'm leaving for Tahoe in 7 days, but I don't see how that's related.

Bastards.

jlambertum said:
CDAGRIZ said:

They're wrong, in my opinion. He's maybe in the top 20 FCS QBs I've seen. Nobody has seen him pass very much. Unproven. Has a tendency to lock onto receivers. Serviceable, but not yet elite by any means.

SoldierGriz said:
jlambertum said:

Well, you’re gonna get an argument on this board...

Too young to know DD, I assume.

DD is in the Top 2 FCS QBs of all time, and he ain't #2.

All I got to say is good thing some of you guys are not recruiters because you would have probably passed on Patrick Mahomes...

retiredpopo said:
All I got to say is good thing some of you guys are not recruiters because you would have probably passed on Patrick Mahomes...

Maybe. Or, maybe there is something else at play here. ;)

CDAGRIZ said:
jlambertum said:

They're wrong, in my opinion. He's maybe in the top 20 FCS QBs I've seen. Nobody has seen him pass very much. Unproven. Has a tendency to lock onto receivers. Serviceable, but not yet elite by any means.

Ya not sure what you are talking about.

He lead the FCS in passer rating efficiency last year .....which is why he won the Payton

28 TD’s, no picks . 67% completion percentage and 181 QB rating....but he can’t pass?

Think that is pretty illogical. The one comment consistently you hear is his accuracy and arm strength. He tore up MSU dude....

Back