• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Whiskey

EverettGriz said:
Your favorite whiskeys under $50.

Go:

If scotch counts, Bowmore 12 is a great and less obvious choice than some others.
If scotch doesn't count, then I don't know.

Wyoming Whiskey
Bighorn (Willie's)
Honey Moonshine (Willie's)

Basil Hayden might be under $50... don't remember.

The Rocks, at Big Sky. Bar with most of the MT-based distillery liquors, and great flatbreads.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Restaurant/The-Rocks-Restaurant-and-Tasting-Room-111490793668821/

https://the-rocks-tasting-room-and-liquor-store.business.site/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g45082-d17153835-Reviews-The_Rocks_Tasting_Room_and_Liquor_Store-Big_Sky_Montana.html

So many great ones out there. Like most liquor there has never been a better time to experiment a bit because the days of “top shelf” booze being so much better quality than the others is gone.

I’m more of a bourbon guy but off the top of my head...

Canadian: Snake Stampede. Won’t go wrong with Pendleton.
Scotch: Highland Park and Talisker
Bourbon: So many. Loving the Jeffersons Reserve. They have several but a couple in that $50 range. Four Roses is also excellent. I maintain that in that $40 or so price range, it’s tough to top the Woodford Reserve. It gives higher end bottles a run for their money!

MrTitleist said:
Wyoming Whiskey
Bighorn (Willie's)
Honey Moonshine (Willie's)

Basil Hayden might be under $50... don't remember.

It was last time I bought one. Basil Hayden is some delicious and unique rye!

ilovethecats said:
So many great ones out there. Like most liquor there has never been a better time to experiment a bit because the days of “top shelf” booze being so much better quality than the others is gone.

I’m more of a bourbon guy but off the top of my head...

Canadian: Snake Stampede. Won’t go wrong with Pendleton.
Scotch: Highland Park and Talisker
Bourbon: So many. Loving the Jeffersons Reserve. They have several but a couple in that $50 range. Four Roses is also excellent. I maintain that in that $40 or so price range, it’s tough to top the Woodford Reserve. It gives higher end bottles a run for their money!

Good call on the Jeffersons. I just opened a bottle of Bookers last week as well.... I will definitely be sipping that one

ilovethecats said:
PeauxRouge said:
Certainly not a stretch, but I always seem to go back to Knob Creek . . .

Knob is great. Sometimes the 100pf catches up to me though....

First taste if knob creek, I fell in love. I will do lots of others, but knob creek is my go to. Canadian whiskey is not my thing. Scotch go to is Jura and Ardbeg. This year, however, my go to is whatever I have and a lot of it.

If you're a rye fan, JP Wisers tripple distilled green label is pretty good, at less than $25.

Honest question, has anyone here tried Proper Twelve?

I prefer Bourbon, Jim beam is my choice. I enjoy Jim Beam Fire at tailgating far more than Fireball. A really smooth Bourbon with a great flavor I enjoy is Never Sweat from the Distillery in Butte!

I've really gotten into some of the local distilleries. So far, any thing I've tried from Willie's has been pretty good. But my two favorites are Never Sweat, and Trailhead Spririts' Highwood Wheat Whiskey.

Back