• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sammy's on a mission!

I just hope we can find a QB with as much skill as our receivers. If so, the rest of the nation will know about it! Great look for Sammy.

Looks like he’ll be playing this year. I thought he injured his foot. Anyone ever figure that out?

Also, what’s Sulser’s status? Did he have surgery? Will either of them play at spring ball?

GrizSpartan said:
I just hope we can find a QB with as much skill as our receivers. If so, the rest of the nation will know about it! Great look for Sammy.

You so dislike the current QB options on the roster....

That guy is an absolute monster WR..... I was kind of hoping he'd skip his Sr. year and go the the NFL.

grizindabox said:
GrizSpartan said:

I am hoping and thinking Humphrey has a great season. He can throw and run. He'll plenty of preparation. He has truly great receivers. Two first team all-Americans.

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
GrizSpartan said:

I am hoping and thinking Humphrey has a great season. He can throw and run. He'll plenty of preparation. He has truly great receivers. Two first team all-Americans.

I am hoping the same, but this is not the first post Spartan has made in reference to QB's on the roster.

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
GrizSpartan said:

I am hoping the same, but this is not the first post Spartan has made in reference to QB's on the roster.
The last thing I want to be is negative toward our QBs. It is just my fear in the fact that we are pretty unproven at the position. There is nothing like experience when it comes to running the show. I want them to be exceptional. I hope they are better than that. I also know that we could have a very fine offensive unit next year. The big ? in my mind is the lack of experience at the position and the potential for injury. (which is always an issue)

GrizSpartan said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

The last thing I want to be is negative toward our QBs. It is just my fear in the fact that we are pretty unproven at the position. There is nothing like experience when it comes to running the show. I want them to be exceptional. I hope they are better than that. I also know that we could have a very fine offensive unit next year. The big ? in my mind is the lack of experience at the position and the potential for injury. (which is always an issue)

Disagree. Humphrey will be fine. With Knight, Turner, Ostmo, Toure, Akem, White, Flowers, Roberts, Sulser, Grossman, et. al., to get the ball too, and a bigger, stronger, meaner, more experienced O-Line, I think we'll be just fine on the offensive side of the ball. He won't be required to run nearly as much as Sneed was, just sit back with that gunslinger arm and throw to an embarrassment of riches in the WR position.

Defensively, with the two CB transfers we look pretty good in the defensive backfield with Fouch, Graves, Hauck, Robertson, Walker, Guerna, Crow, Toliver, etc. On the D-Line I think Hurlburt & Brown are ready to step up to complement Alford & Gubner & Mamula & Babros & Nelson & Demming etc., ...And the LB rotation of Lewis, O'Connell, Hill, Welnel & Matthews (with additional help) will be solid as well.

Honestly, I don't see a real "weakness" on this team. ONE more big interior D-Lineman would be nice, and maybe one more CB for depth (and if Jeremiah Gray is here to play football? Watch OUT!!), but I like the talent we have on this team. At EVERY position.

6ft 4, 210-215lbs. Smooth speed and great hands. Akem is an NFL dude for sure!!! Only thing he really needs to keep working on is his hand combat at LOS and his ability to get separation on mid/long routes.

Lol... Cam has experience and is proven at the position.

Sammy Akem has found motivation in rehab...
https://gogriz.com/news/2020/4/10/football-akem-grinding-his-way-back-to-greatness.aspx

poorgriz said:
That guy is an absolute monster WR..... I was kind of hoping he'd skip his Sr. year and go the the NFL.
I honestly believe the Griz chances to win that game would have increased exponentially with Akem in the lineup. Not guaranteeing a win, but he certainly would have helped!

AZGrizFan said:
GrizSpartan said:

Disagree. Humphrey will be fine. With Knight, Turner, Ostmo, Toure, Akem, White, Flowers, Roberts, Sulser, Grossman, et. al., to get the ball too, and a bigger, stronger, meaner, more experienced O-Line, I think we'll be just fine on the offensive side of the ball. He won't be required to run nearly as much as Sneed was, just sit back with that gunslinger arm and throw to an embarrassment of riches in the WR position.

Defensively, with the two CB transfers we look pretty good in the defensive backfield with Fouch, Graves, Hauck, Robertson, Walker, Guerna, Crow, Toliver, etc. On the D-Line I think Hurlburt & Brown are ready to step up to complement Alford & Gubner & Mamula & Babros & Nelson & Demming etc., ...And the LB rotation of Lewis, O'Connell, Hill, Welnel & Matthews (with additional help) will be solid as well.

Honestly, I don't see a real "weakness" on this team. ONE more big interior D-Lineman would be nice, and maybe one more CB for depth (and if Jeremiah Gray is here to play football? Watch OUT!!), but I like the talent we have on this team. At EVERY position.

After watching a replay of the Griz/UNI game in 2018 it reminded me of the need to have the ability to run the ball when needed. I agree we will have a strong receiver corps, but we need to run the ball at times. This ability will also benefit the receivers and our QB.

Back