• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dante olson

His prospect grade at NFL.com is 5.87, falling into the "Backup/Special-Teamer" category (range of this category: 5.8-5.9). A score of 8.0 is considered the "Perfect Prospect," according to this rubric.

Here is a link to his prospect page at NFL.com.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dante-olson?id=32194f4c-5338-1925-2606-da07d0aebb75

grizband said:
His prospect grade at NFL.com is 5.87, falling into the "Backup/Special-Teamer" category (range of this category: 5.8-5.9). A score of 8.0 is considered the "Perfect Prospect," according to this rubric.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dante-olson?id=32194f4c-5338-1925-2606-da07d0aebb75

I think Dante will turn some heads at this Combine. I read that most assistant/position coaches or scouts wouldn't even be at the Combine that they would just eval players by watching the tapes?

reinell30 said:
grizband said:

I think Dante will turn some heads at this Combine. I read that most assistant/position coaches or scouts wouldn't even be at the Combine that they would just eval players by watching the tapes?

The scouts know the kind of football player Dante is already! This guy is gonna be a steal in the draft-especially if he goes in the 5th! I know they have him graded at a 5.87, but I have feeling he’s gonna be more than special teams! He’s a winner! I’m sure it’s maroon colored glasses, but his stats, post season accolades, and work ethic speak for itself! Be a great Packer!

What's interesting is that if you check out the linebackers page, many from big program are rated much worse than him. I saw a 5.15 from a Big12 team. Plus even SEC and Pac12 have lower ratings. His big knock is lack of top end speed and twitch. He's a machine and loves to tackle. He will catch on somewhere and be a very good player.

Samori commented on social media today - Wait until they see the numbers Dante puts up when he tests. He might have a little more juice than he's getting credit for. Imagine scouts making that assumption for a small school white guy. Can't wait for him to go turn some heads!

rocklobster said:
reinell30 said:
grizband said:

The scouts know the kind of football player Dante is already! This guy is gonna be a steal in the draft-especially if he goes in the 5th! I know they have him graded at a 5.87, but I have feeling he’s gonna be more than special teams! He’s a winner! I’m sure it’s maroon colored glasses, but his stats, post season accolades, and work ethic speak for itself! Be a great Packer!
Below are some of his listed strengths, which lend to your assessment of his as a football player:

"Tackle machine over last two years, including 14 tackles against Oregon"

"Early diagnosis and plus recognition of play development"

"Races around field with good motor looking to find tackles"

Dante's official measurements :thumb:

Montana ILB Dante Olson

Height: 6-2 3/8
Weight: 237
Hand: 9 1/8
Arm: 32 3/8
Wingspan: 76 3/8

PlayerRep said:
Did he shrink a bit? Seems to happen at the Combines.

are you talking about being listed as slightly shorter? I suppose they don't round up :). ie in HS sports if you were really 5'10" heck that was close enough to 6' in college 5'11" call it an honest 6' lol.

hope he does as well as we all know he is capable of doing.

retiredpopo said:
PlayerRep said:

are you talking about being listed as slightly shorter? I suppose they don't round up :). ie in HS sports if you were really 5'10" heck that was close enough to 6' in college 5'11" call it an honest 6' lol.

Yup, height.

retiredpopo said:
PlayerRep said:

My ex-wife was a point guard in HS and was regularly listed in programs at 5-6 and would have been lucky to be 5'2. lol

SACCAT66 said:
StumptownGriz said:
Dante's official measurements :thumb:

Montana ILB Dante Olson

Height: 6-2 3/8
Weight: 237
Hand: 9 1/8
Arm: 32 3/8
Wingspan: 76 3/8

His hands are to small.
*too
And here I thought Minnesota was a good school.

Back