• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Herder Ranks Griz 3 in Chances of Winning Next National Title

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Sam gives some good analysis on his top 10 and why he ranks them there:

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-early-favorites-win-national-title-bzbz

HookedonGriz said:

https://m.herosports.com/amp/fcs/football-2020-early-favorites-win-national-title-bzbz?__twitter_impression=true

The link doesn't work for me.

kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:

https://m.herosports.com/amp/fcs/football-2020-early-favorites-win-national-title-bzbz?__twitter_impression=true

The link doesn't work for me.

Try this

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-early-favorites-win-national-title-bzbz

Try this one. (delete the "/amp" from the originally posted link)
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-early-favorites-win-national-title-bzbz

The Griz will go 3-0 in the nonconference (Central Washington, Missouri State, Morehead State), avoids Weber State and gets Sac State and Montana State at home. Expect a high playoff seed for Montana.

There's where our chances lie. VERY favorable schedule layout, for a change.

Continued home games during the playoffs has historically beneficial for the Griz (and all other teams) and will continue to be the case. It is also much easier to climb in the rankings when you start the season in the top 25 (Capt. Obvious)!

retiredpopo said:
I think those first 3 games are a pathetic. Not sure any of those wins really help us even if we win by 70.

2 are FCS games...

I get your point, but no one gives a rats butt at the end of the year if you are 10-1 or 9-2 in a top 2 conference who you played

Yes if you are a bubble team those games can hurt you.

I made quite a few bets with people when Bobby was hired back that he would have the Griz in the NC within Three years...I didn't say win it...This is the 3rd year. I need these young men to get it done this year.

AZGrizFan said:
[The Griz will go 3-0 in the nonconference (Central Washington, Missouri State, Morehead State), avoids Weber State and gets Sac State and Montana State at home. Expect a high playoff seed for Montana./quote]

There's where our chances lie. VERY favorable schedule layout, for a change.

I am expecting a top 4 seed going into the playoffs this year.

Be careful, we don't want any pre-season National Championship talk. That trophy is on permanent display 200 miles east.

mcg said:
Be careful, we don't want any pre-season National Championship talk. That trophy is on permanent display 200 miles east.

This. Thanks for the reminder. :thumb:

EverettGriz said:
Article really highlights what a crock the bsc schedule is.

#bsc.

Can you expand on your comment? And compare to other conferences? I'd like to know more about what you are saying, or trying to say. Thx.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

#bsc.

Can you expand on your comment? And compare to other conferences? I'd like to know more about what you are saying, or trying to say. Thx.

Seems fairly evident, but okay: The article highlights UM's softer schedule this year, while mentioning msu's more difficult schedule, the opposite of what happened last year.

Other conferences play every team.

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

#bsc.

Seems fairly evident, but okay: The article highlights UM's softer schedule this year, while mentioning msu's more difficult schedule, the opposite of what happened last year.

Other conferences play every team.

Okay, wasn't evident to me what you were saying. I understand the schedule isn't symmetrical. A number of conferences are the same way, including various FBS conference, like the SEC, Big 10, and PAC 12. I understand the situation, but I don't see it as a "crock".

It is what it is. Sometimes teams have easier schedules and sometimes harder schedules. Does it really matter, other than for crowning the conference champ?

Thx.

Every other conference with an unbalanced schedule has a conference championship game.

Without one, it’s a crock

You’re welcome.

EverettGriz said:
Every other conference with an unbalanced schedule has a conference championship game.

Without one, it’s a crock

You’re welcome.

I don't care about a conference championship game. What's does that get you?

Do you really care who the Big Sky conference champion is? I don't. I probably couldn't name the conference champion since Hauck left in 2009.

You're welcome.

Back